Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

SingleRider

Premium Member
Lightning Lane Single Pass pricing has started to creep above previous highs on October 18 and 19:

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: $13 (previous high was $12)
TRON Lightcycle / Run: $21 (previous high was $20)
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind: $18 (previous high was $17)

Avatar Flight of Passage is also higher at $17, but according to Thrill Data, it reached that price once in 2023.
Interestingly enough Tron has been $20 every day since it opened, not using variable pricing until now.

Minnesota disney fan

Lightning Lane Single Pass pricing has started to creep above previous highs on October 18 and 19:

Avatar Flight of Passage is also higher at $17, but according to Thrill Data, it reached that price once in 2023.
It still just burns me that we have to pay if we want to ride these without big waits besides paying just for the pleasure of getting in! One of the reasons we won't be back.

Epcot81Fan

They really are living on the assumption that even the “low info” tourists will not eventually get the word on social media that the parks are overpriced, ridiculously complicated, and an overall terrible experience.

Social media is a fickle mistress.

One minute it’s millions of young girls fighting to get the selfie in front of the castle with mouse ears giving the peace sign to the next when it becomes ubiquitous knowledge that the parks are playing you for a sucker.

Chi84

Premium Member
Typical Disney GREED......Doesn't one already pay enough for tickets and then have to see Disney charge even more for this disaster called a "Lighting Lane".....Should call it the rip off lanes for those stupid enough to keep throwing their hard earned dollars at Disney.
Welcome to the forums!

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member

Of those three I would only every consider standby for two of them and only if the wait was low. LL is a waste. To each there own.

co10064

Premium Member
Part of me wishes Disney just raise ticket prices and go back to included FastPass… then again, I suppose it is nice to have an option to opt-in. They’re going to make their money one way or another…

John park hopper

I remember way back when there was no fP, no lightning lane, no Genie+ everyone was treated equally you got in line --yes the lines were long but they moved quickly. Then the bean counters saw a way for Disney to make more $$$$$$ isn't this counter to Disney's inclusion policy----everyone should be treated equally -----pay your $$$ and get treated special

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Part of me wishes Disney just raise ticket prices and go back to included FastPass… then again, I suppose it is nice to have an option to opt-in. They’re going to make their money one way or another…
The glorious part is that they’re doing this because they’ve recognized it’s a failed system. LL needs busy parks to be successful, the parks are dead and have been since basically last Christmas, with a couple of isolated exceptions. LL is not needed for the average guest, and more of them are realizing this.

But it’s not just bodies through tap styles that matter. Food/Bev, merch, resorts have been negatively impacted by monetization programs like LL.

This is so ridiculous. When will they ever stop alienating the middle class?
LL, in addition to all the other monetization schemes implemented over the past several have been one of the primary reason why people are choosing not to go. It’s not just the middle class, it’s locals, DVC families, Disney Adults, it’s across all income levels. The remarkably low attendance isn’t happening in a vacuum, it’s the end result of decades of poor leadership and failed choices and not understanding your customers.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I guess it's the new Econ 101--- people aren't buying your product so you raise prices so even less people buy your product
It’s the only option they have.

From the same company that would rather shutter entire sections of their resorts to artificially keep their prices high.

1727631685037.jpeg

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

They can kiss my back pocket if they think I'm paying ~ $145 to get in and another $21 to ride a two-minute roller coaster.

Minnesota disney fan

Have you decided you’re never going back, or are you open to changing your mind? If so, what would bring you back?
Right now, no to going back. I would go back if they changed back to the way they were, you know, customer service and all the things they have taken away. I know this won't happen and it is sad. We started going to WDW in l977 and when our kids left home, the two of us started going yearly or more often. We enjoyed it so much and looked forward to it every year. There are a lot of wonderful memories there. I must admit, I do miss it so who knows? Our last visit was 2020 the week that Covid started. I could list all the reasons that have been talked about ad nauseum, but won't.

Minnesota disney fan

I remember way back when there was no fP, no lightning lane, no Genie+ everyone was treated equally you got in line --yes the lines were long but they moved quickly. Then the bean counters saw a way for Disney to make more $$$$$$ isn't this counter to Disney's inclusion policy----everyone should be treated equally -----pay your $$$ and get treated special
I remember that time, John PH. We waited in line With Everyone Else,, and the lines constantly moved. If a line was too long for us to wait, we just went on to another line. It was more equal for everyone back then. You paid the entrance fee and all else was free. Imagine that. I think those of us who remember those simpler times are the ones most upset about how WDW has changed.

Chi84

Premium Member
I remember that time, John PH. We waited in line With Everyone Else,, and the lines constantly moved. If a line was too long for us to wait, we just went on to another line. It was more equal for everyone back then. You paid the entrance fee and all else was free. Imagine that. I think those of us who remember those simpler times are the ones most upset about how WDW has changed.
I’m one who remembers those times except we skipped a lot of rides because of the lines. When they started fast pass it was a much better experience for us.

Disney’s current customer base wouldn’t accept having to stand in the kind of lines that would occur for the more popular rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom