Trip Report 9000 sans adult supervision, solo at WDW!

Take 2!

5 days at wilderness lodge club level here I come! Left Atlanta around 630 AM and I'm currently about an hour from Orlando.

I hit some rough waters during my trip down here. By rough waters I mean hot water. For those of you that were up earlier you know what I'm talking about. You know there's "magical" drama when your text message inbox looks liked this...

20230115_105517.jpg

I truly take it as an honor that 2 lovely ladies who are also heavy hitters in these trip report forums took a moment to check in with me 😍

But I'm back at open seas with sunshine ahead And we're gonna have the hap-hap- happiest trip report since that time that Michael Jackson came to my house to use the bathroom! OK well Michael Jackson didn't come to my house to use the bathroom..., but his sister did!

For anybody who is wondering why I'm so low, my wife had to stay home with one of our cats who was ill and will hopefully fly down to meet me once She is able to have the cat seen by the veterinarian tomorrow or Tuesday.

But for now, it's your boy, the people's champ, unsupervised at WDW! Rest assured, hijinks will pursue!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I browsed around some of the art booths. These were my fav

20230117_194714.jpg

I got the black Forrest cake at the Germany booth. Another winner. Here's a pic of the inside. The cherry were a perfect addition.

20230117_200611.jpg

Here's another one. Where am I? Ill.give you a hint. I'm in a restroom.

20230117_201155.jpg

Someone had dropped their credit card and magic band next to this car. They should.be perfectly safe...

20230116_125436.jpg

20230116_125452.jpg

Beers in Mexico was next .

20230117_202215.jpg

I had made a genie plus 4 the frozen ride but decided To skip it and head back to the resort instead.

It was close to closing time and I thought it'd be best to get out to the bus before I got bombarded.

I stopped at geyser point for some dinner and the water pattern show was passing by

20230117_213218.jpg

I went with the Bison burger, to go

20230117_221238.jpg

And stopped for some dessert at the lounge

20230117_224654.jpg

fractal

I think I spotted Indiana Jones or Harrison Ford as I entered AK
View attachment 692756

No time to waste with The Jones boys as I had to get to Everest ASAP!

View attachment 692757

Being solo at Disney can be lonely at sometimes but single rider perks have their benefits when there's no wait. This was very helpful as I did not have to use one of my genie plus selections on Everest

After Everest you get a beer right!

View attachment 692758

The bartender told me that bears exclusive to animal kingdom park. If that's true that's pretty cool and it was a good beer too

I know you purposely misspelled to see if anyone was paying attention but I'll bite.

I didn't know they had bears in Animal Kingdom!

giphy.gif

Still catching up. Thanks for the morning chuckles!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I was up early today for rope drop at HS. I showered, then hit the lounge for a quick breakfast. Here is today's selections...

20230118_075023.jpg
20230118_075028.jpg

I had a light meal of French toast sticks and fruit. I really like the seating area by the window overlooking bay lake

20230118_075255.jpg

I ate quickly, dapped up Humphrey and made a mad dash for the bus!

20230118_080445.jpg

There's a reason you give Humphrey a quick paw when you enter and leave the lounge area. You have to stay here to know why! @Tuvalu 😉

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
Sorry to butt in but we were wondering how Emmet is doing. Marie is so sweet. We are adopting two young cats tomorrow which we are naming Monty and Freddie. So look forward to reading your TR every evening.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry to butt in but we were wondering how Emmet is doing. Marie is so sweet. We are adopting two young cats tomorrow which we are naming Monty and Freddie. So look forward to reading your TR every evening.

First, God Bless you for adopting two babies! Please share pics!

Emmet is doing better. We're not out of the woods by any means, but he's back to his old habits of jumping up on the island (which we thought we'd never see again) amd eating more. Still a bit wobbly with the motor functions tho.

But overall he has definitely improved. Thank you so much to everybody who has messaged me here and on Instagram to ask about him. It means more than you know 💗

Emmet says hello!

Resized_20230118_164026.jpeg

And so does Mason, one of our other cats

Resized_20230118_165253.jpeg

And we can't leave out the Lil terrorsit, Marie

Resized_20230117_214756.jpeg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Started off the morning with TSMM. Far from my best.

20230118_085725.jpg

20230118_085743.jpg

After Toy Story, I was a star in my own right!

20230118_094719.jpg

981995740_HIGH (1).jpg

Then i needed back stage passes. Steven Tyler loved that idea.

20230118_102151.jpg

And I love this nod to Elvis

20230118_102424.jpg

I strolled over to see my best gal, Gert and I noticed they opened the doors to Tune In Lounge. Let's gooo!

20230118_104810.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
'Sup Gert!

20230118_110136.jpg

Then I was a Rebel scum.

20230118_112738.jpg

C bieves that these Strom troopers are actually people in there, just slowly
moving left and right. Legit, she thinks it's real people in costumes 🙄

Next was Runaway Railway . Here's a hidden mickey in there if you've never seen it

20230118_125123.jpg

Had to go say what's up to the homies at Basline Taphouse

20230118_114751.jpg

I think I got another beer because I took this picture at some point.

And here is a cool.avatar bus I took a pic of

20230118_142248.jpg

20230118_133339.jpg

When I got back to the room, I noticed mouse keeping had left me a little surprise..

20230118_145117.jpg

This was so fun to see.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Funny things I overheard today:

*Father to son: do you have to pee?
*Son: yes.

*Father: then hustle up!

Does the boy just need to pee, or is he doing a 50 yard dash?

Here's another gem I overheard.

I'm walking past Star Tours and a Mother is walking with 2 children and she says: "we need to go to Hollywood Studios".

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yesterday, I returned to HS after taking an afternoon break back at the room.

I had a made Genie plus selection for something (can't rememer) and the ride had gone down so I had a redeemable one and i used it for ToT.

The most odd thing happened while I was in line. Like glitch in the matrix odd.

I was in the LL queue about 25 feet from where you enter the lobby. I was looking at my phone and I heard a child's voice say, "your shirt is cool". I was wearing a Ghostbusters shirt with Slimer on it. There had been nobody behind me as I walked thru the LL queue. I had even looked back as I walked past the fountains. I have no idea where this child (young girl appx 10 yrs old) came from.

I replied back, "thank you" and said , it's pretty cool that you know about the original Ghostbusters. She said, oh ya, I love all the 80s movies, I watch them with my dad, my favorite is Gremlins and Back to The Future!

I said, your dad is a smart man for teaching you about those movies, all the 80s movies are great. She replied, my mom said I can watch Beverly Hills Cop when I'm older. I laughed and said , ya, that one is definitely for grown ups.

While we were talking, I noticed she was alone. At first I thought her family may be coming down the pathway and she had just skipped ahead. But during the course of our conversation nobody had shown up. Not even a different family. She was the last person in line and there was nobody even coming down the queue. I figured she was riding alone and maybe her family doesn't like ToT.

Not wanting look odd since I'm a grown man having a conversation with a young girl, I said, well you keep watching those movies with your dad and enjoy them" in an effort to end the conversation and then I went back to looking at my phone. About 5 seconds later, the line began to move forward. As I looked up from my phone, the girl was GONE!

I was at the area where you make that left turn and enter the lobbyof ToT. I could see all the way back down the queue and she was nowhere in sight. A family was now approaching in the LL queue but I could see past them. The standby line had been full of people. I looked around to see where she could have gone to so quickly but I could not see her anywhere. It was the weirdest thing.

The weirdest feeling came over me and I must have had an odd expression on my face as I looked around because someone in line was staring at me With an expression on their face that looked like they were thinking what the heck is wrong with this guy

All I could do was shake my head in confusion and then Ihop dawn and road the attraction Anticipating a ghost to appear in the seat next to me lol

981995740_HIGH (2).jpg

lostpro9het

Yesterday, I returned to HS after taking an afternoon break back at the room.

I had a made Genie plus selection for something (can't rememer) and the ride had gone down so I had a redeemable one and i used it for ToT.

The most odd thing happened while I was in line. Like glitch in the matrix odd.

I was in the LL queue about 25 feet from where you enter the lobby. I was looking at my phone and I heard a child's voice say, "your shirt is cool". I was wearing a Ghostbusters shirt with Slimer on it. There had been nobody behind me as I walked thru the LL queue. I had even looked back as I walked past the fountains. I have no idea where this child (young girl appx 10 yrs old) came from.

I replied back, "thank you" and said , it's pretty cool that you know about the original Ghostbusters. She said, oh ya, I love all the 80s movies, I watch them with my dad, my favorite is Gremlins and Back to The Future!

I said, your dad is a smart man for teaching you about those movies, all the 80s movies are great. She replied, my mom said I can watch Beverly Hills Cop when I'm older. I laughed and said , ya, that one is definitely for grown ups.

While we were talking, I noticed she was alone. At first I thought her family may be coming down the pathway and she had just skipped ahead. But during the course of our conversation nobody had shown up. Not even a different family. She was the last person in line and there was nobody even coming down the queue. I figured she was riding alone and maybe her family doesn't like ToT.

Not wanting look odd since I'm a grown man having a conversation with a young girl, I said, well you keep watching those movies with your dad and enjoy them" in an effort to end the conversation and then I went back to looking at my phone. About 5 seconds later, the line began to move forward. As I looked up from my phone, the girl was GONE!

I was at the area where you make that left turn and enter the lobbyof ToT. I could see all the way back down the queue and she was nowhere in sight. A family was now approaching in the LL queue but I could see past them. The standby line had been full of people. I looked around to see where she could have gone to so quickly but I could not see her anywhere. It was the weirdest thing.

The weirdest feeling came over me and I must have had an odd expression on my face as I looked around because someone in line was staring at me With an expression on their face that looked like they were thinking what the heck is wrong with this guy

All I could do was shake my head in confusion and then Ihop dawn and road the attraction Anticipating a ghost to appear in the seat next to me lol

View attachment 693385
Sounds like the ghost of Hard Seltzer to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom