Trip Report 9000 sans adult supervision, solo at WDW!

Take 2!

5 days at wilderness lodge club level here I come! Left Atlanta around 630 AM and I'm currently about an hour from Orlando.

I hit some rough waters during my trip down here. By rough waters I mean hot water. For those of you that were up earlier you know what I'm talking about. You know there's "magical" drama when your text message inbox looks liked this...

20230115_105517.jpg

I truly take it as an honor that 2 lovely ladies who are also heavy hitters in these trip report forums took a moment to check in with me 😍

But I'm back at open seas with sunshine ahead And we're gonna have the hap-hap- happiest trip report since that time that Michael Jackson came to my house to use the bathroom! OK well Michael Jackson didn't come to my house to use the bathroom..., but his sister did!

For anybody who is wondering why I'm so low, my wife had to stay home with one of our cats who was ill and will hopefully fly down to meet me once She is able to have the cat seen by the veterinarian tomorrow or Tuesday.

But for now, it's your boy, the people's champ, unsupervised at WDW! Rest assured, hijinks will pursue!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much to everybody for the kind words about our cat, Emmet.

He is doing better than we expected today. He's having some motor skill issues and can't walk very well but the blood vomit hasn't happened in over 24 hours. He's relaxing with C back home and he sends his thanks for all the love and support!

Resized_20230115_155825.jpeg

Katiekitten

I'm sorry to hear about Emmet but I am glad to hear is doing better than you expected.

I am also looking forward to following along and hopefully hearing about all of your trip!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Last night ctd...

After JC I FaceTimed with C as I strolled down MSUSA.

20230115_185833.jpg

I strolled around with the camera facing out so she could pretend she experience it with me. I went into the confectionary so she could watch them whip up some treats. It was fun.

I headed back to WL to get some food and watch the Bengals/Ravens game. Here's some night time pics from the boat

20230115_192905.jpg

20230115_192912.jpg

I stopped at Territory Lounge to pregame it and get some bourbon. I went with the Timeless Elias (12 yr whiskey and VSOP with vanilla syrup).

20230115_194736.jpg

The bartender must have been new or not familiar with making bourbon because he was looking at a Chee cheat to make the drink lol. It's basically 3 ingredients but he had to go back to the sheet for each one after he poured it.

I think it's odd to have a person working the bar that serves specialty drinks that hover around $20 or more Who doesn't seem to know what they're doing. He was also getting very frustrated if he had to make more than 2 drinks.

A gentleman walked up and asked him what they used to make their margaritas with and the bartender replied "Margarita stuff" amd chuckled. The man replied that he was trying to see if they use pre made mix or actually make the entire thing. The bartenders response, "i use simple syrup" as he shrugged. The man just said give me a beer lol.

A few minutes later 2 other gentlemen walked up to the side of the bar and asked to get 2 beers and the bartender told them they would have to wait at least a few minutes because he was busy. He simply could have said "no problem, just give me a minute" be he made it clear that they would have to wait.

Then he just plopped my bill down in front of me without asking if I wanted another drink. I paid amd headed out. And in fairness, my drink was good, but the service was lackluster.

I headed out to Geyser Point next.

20230115_203023.jpg

I went with a red seal ale and ordered the Bison burger. I didn't order for a bit as I wanted to bring it up to the room. It was chilly out.

20230115_220843.jpg

It was great! After that I hit the sack!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning from foggy Disney

20230116_070621.jpg

All showered up and hit the lounge for breakfast.

20230116_075825.jpg

20230116_075821.jpg

20230116_075829.jpg

20230116_075832.jpg

20230116_075835.jpg

20230116_075839.jpg

Great selections as usual. I went with a standard American style and added some muesli. They legit have the best muesli here! And i got some fruit as well.

20230116_081150.jpg

We had a funny moment when there was several grown men including me trying to figure out how to work the fancy espresso latte machine. After several failed attempts by the men a lady walks in and grabs a cup and makes a perfect latte on the 1st try.

Us fellas stood there scratching our heads like a group of gorillaz as we watched to figure out how she did it. When she turned around and saw us watching her she chuckled and then we all had a big laugh as we told her we were all struggling and of course a woman comes in and knew exactly what to do lol

I had gotten a VQ for Cosmic Rewind. I got group 3!

Screenshot_20230116_070040.jpg

It alerted me that my group would be called in 30 minutes! I scarfed down what was left on my plate, dapped up Humphrey and headed to the bus!

20230116_083537.jpg

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ahhh, hello old friend!

20230116_085621.jpg

I headed str8 to Cosmic Rewind but I haven't got the on ride photo yet. Will share later.

Quick fit check for C back home.

20230116_093000.jpg

I do this to tease her beacuase her and my sister get a kick out of watching sorority girls on tik tok do "fit checks"

Headed over to Grand Fiesta next

20230116_094550.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's ya boi!

980428685_HIGH.jpg

After England, I rode Remmie and then it was...

Prost from ze German Pavilion. Ludwig Weisbsbeer

20230116_114454.jpg

Then I went to see my girls Anna and Elsa

980503593_HIGH.jpg

And polish off a white ale (Einstock)

20230116_121238.jpg

On my way over to TT i overheard a father tell his son, "I'll take you back to the room and you'll be stranded". I assume the father meant they would drop the kid off and then leave him. Great parenting lol.

Soon after I was in the design studio

20230116_123654.jpg

The kid sitting next to me had the coolest haircut. W Rizz

980545200_HIGH.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Back at the room to shower and change clothes now that its 66 degrees outside!

I had mentioned to C that I forgot toothpaste and then forgot to get some at Target and all the resort had was crappy toothpaste. When I arrived at the room she had sent a care package via instacart! She's the best!

20230116_135456.jpg

Upon opening the package, I was a bit perplexed...

20230116_135625.jpg

My toothpaste was there, but also 2 (not one) bars of soap and 2 packs of baby wipes.

I messaged her to ask how dirty she thinks I get down here??

The real reason is that my wife enjoys shopping. She loves adding stuff to the cart. She called me to explain that the extra items were on sale and that's why she got them, and I can bring them home.

I jokingly asked her how that would be faster than her just actually going to Whole Foods and buying them today and bring them home?? It was a rhetorical question she need not answer as I already know why, lol.

Bless her heart tho. She's a keeper. And I'm a dirty dog apparently, hahaha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom