Trip Report 9 days in French Quarter! What a holiday! What a resort! What a time!

Hi all,

Finally it is here! Our TR about our 9 day trip to the World! Hope you will enjoy it but be aware that it will be a long run before the TR is finished. Since we came back from WDW it is a madhouse at work and it will be for quite some time!

This trip is the second year in a row, but the most special holiday we ever took. We have more than a dozen trips to DLP but WDW was on our wishlist for years and years!

We married 5 years ago in August 2010. The years prior to our marriage we always said to each other when we are married for 5 years we will take a trip to WDW. And suddenly a year prior (last year) we had the oppurtunity to take a trip to WDW with friends. So we did! You can find the TR about that trip also here! When we came back last year we decided fast that we absolutely would do a trip next year because of the 5 year marriage. And then we found out that the fly tickets we already gone and only expensive tickets were left. So we decided to postpone the trip for at least a year. But Disney is Disney for us, so we kept on looking for a holiday and then found out that a October holiday to WDW would be as expensive as summer holiday. So the choice was easy! Another trip to WDW! Like I said because we are married for 5 years. And besides the reason there was even something more special, it would be our first trip with just the 3 of us. Our holidays were always with friends or relatives!

So October 16th 2015 was marked in our calenders with red circles and here we go!

Who: Ria (my wife, 45), Sacha (our daugther, 18) and myself (44)
Where: Port Olreans, French Quarter
When: October 16th - October 25th 2016

Overal we had a more than marvelous trip! Everything went as planned! We absolutely have no remarks on the holiday! The trip to WDW was more than OK, the stay in French Quarter was more than OK, teh days in the parks were more than OK,the fastpass+ was more than OK, Memory Maker was more than OK, the food was more than OK, MNSSHP was more than OK and the flight home was more than OK! Expect a TR with a lot of pictures, although we took less pictures than last year. We have a GOPRO no, so there are much videos, but you won't find them in the TR.

October 16th 2015: the trip to WDW
We wake up early, around 3 o'clock in the morning and within an hour we were in the car on our way to the airport. We arrived around 4 and the guys from the valet parking were there to take our car in 'custody' for our holiday period. The checking in for the flight went smoothly and then the big waiting began! The take off was as planned at 08.55 and then the 9 hour flight began and was more than OK!

The next pictures speak for themself. The flight was with a Boeing Dreamliner. Nice plane, good seats! The food was OK and looking back the flight was smoothly.

View attachment 118354
We had 3 chairs next to each other, that was great and better than last year!

IMG_1450.JPG

Even could take a selfie :)

IMG_1453.JPG

More than half way!

IMG_1454.JPG

The final hour before touch down at Orlando Sanford!

IMG_1456.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

Much more to come! Next part will be first day in the Magic Kingdom!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Thank you I'm going to miss LMA at least I saw it twice last trip

It is a great show! It started in DLP, and then also WDW started with the show. Now it is replaced with Star Wars Land :) And in my personal opinion, that will be the greatest addition since the opening in '71 :)

Loved all of the pictures. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks, there will be much more! And off course a PTR when I finished this TR!

Love the colorful costumes for the Beauty and the Beast stage show. I especially like the beautiful gold gown that she wears at the end of the show. That gown is exquisite!

That show is marvelous, and so close to the movie with evereyting, specially the clothing!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Hello all,

sorry that it took so lone before my next post. I already told that you have to be in for the long run when you want to follow our TR!

We still are in October 21st 2015 :) 2 more posts of that day and then on to October 22nd!

Since we are huge Star Wars fans we off course need to check out Watto's Grotto....

DSC_0164.JPG

DSC_0166.JPG

As probably a lot of you do, we also are deeply into 'Once upon a time'. So off course Mr. Gold's Pawnbroker needed to be on the picture :)

DSC_0170.JPG

DSC_0172.JPG

DSC_0177.JPG

DSC_0179.JPG

During our October 2015 trip we visited the Frozen sing-a-long for about 7 times :)

IMG_1478.JPG

One of the greatest rides in Hollywoon Studios is the movie ride. We also did this ride for about 7 times during our trip :)

IMG_1479.JPG

To be continued :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
I'm glad you're back! I was beginning to worry!

No need to worry :) Still alive and kicking! And off course couting down for next October. Only more than quite busy with work and private life!

I laughed out loud over your picture in the TOT elevator! :hilarious: Some people really like to ham it up for the camera! :D

You are so right.... most of them are waiting for the camera, and you can pick out the really scary noes quickly :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Here we are again with some updates from our October 2015 trip. Although we are also quite busy with our October 2016 trip already no PTR yet. First I want to finish this TR and there is much more to come. We are still on October 22nd with off course the MNSHHP :)

First more pictures from the parade!

DSC_0035.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0048.JPG

More to come right away!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
This post is a mix of pictures made during October 22nd :)

One of the Popcorn buckets we bought during our stay! We also have the house with the little dog on top of it and the coach of Cinderella!

IMG_1483.JPG

In 2014 we didn;t take one, but in 2015 it finally was time for a Dole Whip!!

IMG_1487.JPG

During the day we caught our bracelets for the MNSSHP!!

IMG_1489.JPG

Ria and Sache really liked the Frozen Fanta :)

IMG_1605.JPG

A couple of Memory Maker pics!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7495257875.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7495339629.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7495339631.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7495340339.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7495531787.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7495763475.jpg

One more post today!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
The final post of the day! Some last pictures from Memory Maker! After this one a couple of days of because of public holidays here in the Netherlands. Next week I have 2 more days to post. Some misscelanious pictures and maybe some of the bonus pictures we received from Disney as a bonus with Memory Maker.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7495763512.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Mickeys_Not_So_Scary_Halloween_Party_7495696184.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Mickeys_Not_So_Scary_Halloween_Party_7495707914.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Mickeys_Not_So_Scary_Halloween_Party_7495723944.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Mickeys_Not_So_Scary_Halloween_Party_7495723945.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Mickeys_Not_So_Scary_Halloween_Party_7495736849.jpg

Have a good, nice and Magical weekend!

disneygirl1

Love... Love... Loving reading your report! We were there at the end of September and stayed at POR. We just love MNSSHP! Heading back to the World in 19 days and can not wait! Can't wait to ready more!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom