Trip Report 9 days in French Quarter! What a holiday! What a resort! What a time!

Hi all,

Finally it is here! Our TR about our 9 day trip to the World! Hope you will enjoy it but be aware that it will be a long run before the TR is finished. Since we came back from WDW it is a madhouse at work and it will be for quite some time!

This trip is the second year in a row, but the most special holiday we ever took. We have more than a dozen trips to DLP but WDW was on our wishlist for years and years!

We married 5 years ago in August 2010. The years prior to our marriage we always said to each other when we are married for 5 years we will take a trip to WDW. And suddenly a year prior (last year) we had the oppurtunity to take a trip to WDW with friends. So we did! You can find the TR about that trip also here! When we came back last year we decided fast that we absolutely would do a trip next year because of the 5 year marriage. And then we found out that the fly tickets we already gone and only expensive tickets were left. So we decided to postpone the trip for at least a year. But Disney is Disney for us, so we kept on looking for a holiday and then found out that a October holiday to WDW would be as expensive as summer holiday. So the choice was easy! Another trip to WDW! Like I said because we are married for 5 years. And besides the reason there was even something more special, it would be our first trip with just the 3 of us. Our holidays were always with friends or relatives!

So October 16th 2015 was marked in our calenders with red circles and here we go!

Who: Ria (my wife, 45), Sacha (our daugther, 18) and myself (44)
Where: Port Olreans, French Quarter
When: October 16th - October 25th 2016

Overal we had a more than marvelous trip! Everything went as planned! We absolutely have no remarks on the holiday! The trip to WDW was more than OK, the stay in French Quarter was more than OK, teh days in the parks were more than OK,the fastpass+ was more than OK, Memory Maker was more than OK, the food was more than OK, MNSSHP was more than OK and the flight home was more than OK! Expect a TR with a lot of pictures, although we took less pictures than last year. We have a GOPRO no, so there are much videos, but you won't find them in the TR.

October 16th 2015: the trip to WDW
We wake up early, around 3 o'clock in the morning and within an hour we were in the car on our way to the airport. We arrived around 4 and the guys from the valet parking were there to take our car in 'custody' for our holiday period. The checking in for the flight went smoothly and then the big waiting began! The take off was as planned at 08.55 and then the 9 hour flight began and was more than OK!

The next pictures speak for themself. The flight was with a Boeing Dreamliner. Nice plane, good seats! The food was OK and looking back the flight was smoothly.

View attachment 118354
We had 3 chairs next to each other, that was great and better than last year!

IMG_1450.JPG

Even could take a selfie :)

IMG_1453.JPG

More than half way!

IMG_1454.JPG

The final hour before touch down at Orlando Sanford!

IMG_1456.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

Much more to come! Next part will be first day in the Magic Kingdom!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
The final post for today. The final MM pics from October 23rd 2015.

MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_7496231214.jpeg

MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_7496231218.jpeg

Here the smile of Sacha when she realizes that besides the speaking, the mouth of Mickey is also moving :)

MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_7496233416.jpeg

MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_7496233418.jpeg

MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_7496233420.jpeg

MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_7496233422.jpeg

The next 3 are quit dark.... not what you think when you receive MM pictures!

MK_TWNSQR_7496255042.jpeg

MK_TWNSQR_7496255047.jpeg

MK_TWNSQR_7496257251.jpeg

MK_TWNSQR5_7496013921.jpeg

To be continued! And feel free to comment.... as always :)

Figgy1

The final post for today. The final MM pics from October 23rd 2015.

View attachment 153541

View attachment 153542

Here the smile of Sacha when she realizes that besides the speaking, the mouth of Mickey is also moving :)

View attachment 153543

View attachment 153544

View attachment 153545

View attachment 153546

The next 3 are quit dark.... not what you think when you receive MM pictures!

View attachment 153547

View attachment 153548

View attachment 153549

View attachment 153550

To be continued! And feel free to comment.... as always :)
When I saw your pics of Anna and Elsa I thought it strange you didn't mention you hopped to EPCOT Then I remembered they moved after you were there. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Those are wonderful parade pictures!! I really liked the photos of Jiminy Cricket because I can't even remember the last time I saw him in the parks. Must have been many years ago. I like the old Disney characters and would like to see more of them.

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Those are wonderful parade pictures!! I really liked the photos of Jiminy Cricket because I can't even remember the last time I saw him in the parks. Must have been many years ago. I like the old Disney characters and would like to see more of them.

Thanks! Sometimes you see Jiminy as character inside a park for pictures but not that often and never when we are in the parks!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
I was hoping you would finish before I go, but I'll have something great to look forward when we get home.

Yeah it is too busy with work... and during holiday I normally don't use a computer rather than playing a game or so..... and I have alot of pics left from the finale day, some leftovers from earlier days and a bunch of bonus pics from Dinsey... although I am not sure I can post them here.. they are beautiful but guess property of Disney :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
The final post of today :) It;s my final workday for the holiday leave so quitebusy on this side of the ocean :) You have to wait after August 15th before I will finish this TR up. There is a lot more to come!

G0140053.JPG

G0150055.JPG

G0160058.JPG

G0200070.JPG

G0220076.JPG

G0230079.JPG

IMG_1582.JPG

IMG_1583.JPG

This is it for now! During holiday I will try too follow most TR's and PTR's... otherwise I have something to after August 15 :) Take care you all and when you are going to WDW in the next 14 days..... have a wonderful and magical time!!

Figgy1

The final post of today :) It;s my final workday for the holiday leave so quitebusy on this side of the ocean :) You have to wait after August 15th before I will finish this TR up. There is a lot more to come!

View attachment 153878

View attachment 153879

View attachment 153880

View attachment 153881

View attachment 153882

View attachment 153883

View attachment 153884

View attachment 153885

This is it for now! During holiday I will try too follow most TR's and PTR's... otherwise I have something to after August 15 :) Take care you all and when you are going to WDW in the next 14 days..... have a wonderful and magical time!!
Thank you and I'll catch up when I get home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom