Trip Report 9 days in French Quarter! What a holiday! What a resort! What a time!

Hi all,

Finally it is here! Our TR about our 9 day trip to the World! Hope you will enjoy it but be aware that it will be a long run before the TR is finished. Since we came back from WDW it is a madhouse at work and it will be for quite some time!

This trip is the second year in a row, but the most special holiday we ever took. We have more than a dozen trips to DLP but WDW was on our wishlist for years and years!

We married 5 years ago in August 2010. The years prior to our marriage we always said to each other when we are married for 5 years we will take a trip to WDW. And suddenly a year prior (last year) we had the oppurtunity to take a trip to WDW with friends. So we did! You can find the TR about that trip also here! When we came back last year we decided fast that we absolutely would do a trip next year because of the 5 year marriage. And then we found out that the fly tickets we already gone and only expensive tickets were left. So we decided to postpone the trip for at least a year. But Disney is Disney for us, so we kept on looking for a holiday and then found out that a October holiday to WDW would be as expensive as summer holiday. So the choice was easy! Another trip to WDW! Like I said because we are married for 5 years. And besides the reason there was even something more special, it would be our first trip with just the 3 of us. Our holidays were always with friends or relatives!

So October 16th 2015 was marked in our calenders with red circles and here we go!

Who: Ria (my wife, 45), Sacha (our daugther, 18) and myself (44)
Where: Port Olreans, French Quarter
When: October 16th - October 25th 2016

Overal we had a more than marvelous trip! Everything went as planned! We absolutely have no remarks on the holiday! The trip to WDW was more than OK, the stay in French Quarter was more than OK, teh days in the parks were more than OK,the fastpass+ was more than OK, Memory Maker was more than OK, the food was more than OK, MNSSHP was more than OK and the flight home was more than OK! Expect a TR with a lot of pictures, although we took less pictures than last year. We have a GOPRO no, so there are much videos, but you won't find them in the TR.

October 16th 2015: the trip to WDW
We wake up early, around 3 o'clock in the morning and within an hour we were in the car on our way to the airport. We arrived around 4 and the guys from the valet parking were there to take our car in 'custody' for our holiday period. The checking in for the flight went smoothly and then the big waiting began! The take off was as planned at 08.55 and then the 9 hour flight began and was more than OK!

The next pictures speak for themself. The flight was with a Boeing Dreamliner. Nice plane, good seats! The food was OK and looking back the flight was smoothly.

View attachment 118354
We had 3 chairs next to each other, that was great and better than last year!

IMG_1450.JPG

Even could take a selfie :)

IMG_1453.JPG

More than half way!

IMG_1454.JPG

The final hour before touch down at Orlando Sanford!

IMG_1456.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

Much more to come! Next part will be first day in the Magic Kingdom!

Last edited:

Pooh'sBuddy

So here we are at the first day in the parks. First day was the Magic Kingdom. A great day with some first timers and off course all the good stuff! We walked from the hotelroom to the busstation. When we walked through the main entrance of the hotel there was an old guy holding the doors for us in a nice collered costume. Before I knew it he mentioned the T-shirt I was wearing. 'Rotterdam', he said! 'That is a city in The Netherlands', and he started to talk in Dutch too us. Off course with an English accent but it was good. Guess the guy was 70+! His parents were born in the Netherlands and the cities they were born is were very familiar with us. He asked to talk about the Netherlands later in the week, but we did not see him again. It was nice to speak some Dutch :) The bus ride was smooth and before we knew it we were ready to enter the Kingdom again :)

How awesome is that?! That's what I love about CMs - they really make it Magical!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
So finally I am back! It has been a crazy and busy time since January 13th! We had the year end-closing period here at work and that always brings much much work! And when that was finished I was in the States! I am treasurer of one of our daugther companies in USA. So I was a week in Washington DC/Silver Spring. We stayed in a hotel in the centre of Washington DC in Dupont Circle area! A wweek full with meetings, meetings and more meetings. Since it was my maiden trip to Washington we found 1 evening to walk to White House (just a mile away from the hotel) :) I took 2 selfies :)

CavncbNUAAAHh7C.jpg
CavncbSUkAQsKn0.jpg

But enough about the busy times! Let's go in with the TR and post more pictures of our last October trip!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
OK...hoping to get all caught up tonight! Why must things stay so busy? I have trip reports to read :)

I totally agree! Why does it have to be so busy! I have trip reports to write AND to read :) I need to pump up the Disney feelings on our way to the next trip in October :)

How awesome is that?! That's what I love about CMs - they really make it Magical!

Of course being in Disneyworld is magic on it's own, but CM's bring so much more into a trip :)

Caught up :) Really liked your pics from Sci Fi. We've never eaten there, but it looks like a lot of fun. And all of those treats in Epcot and AK looked soooooooooo good!

Sci-fi was marvelous! I would suggest the next time you are in the world you take some time to eat there :) Glad you caught up, so now I can work on the rest of the TR and you need time again to caught up :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
The final post for today! My working day is almost over (16:16 here now).

All pictures from the Beaty and the Beast show. In our opinion one of the greatest shows at Disneyworld!

DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0069.JPG

DSC_0070.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0075.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG

DSC_0078.JPG

DSC_0079.JPG

DSC_0089.JPG

That's it for today! Have a magical day and as always feel free to comment! And for the next post you won't have to wait as long as before!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
THNX now I have to bring some money for a nice big Olaf LOL I'm glad you're back I was beginning to worry!

Thanks! I know it took too much time to come back! But here I am again :) And off course you need the nice big Olaf :) Can't remember the price :) January and February are always busy months but this year is even worse than before, although the trip to Washington DC was great :) So no more worries now! And much mofre to read the next couple of days! Life on your side of the ocean going well?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks! I know it took too much time to come back! But here I am again :) And off course you need the nice big Olaf :) Can't remember the price :) January and February are always busy months but this year is even worse than before, although the trip to Washington DC was great :) So no more worries now! And much mofre to read the next couple of days! Life on your side of the ocean going well?
Life is going very well and I got all me ADRs for the times I wanted. I wish you could have spent more time exploring DC it is quite beautiful, we're even thinking about stopping there on our way home for a few days to explore and relax

HouCuseChickie

I totally agree! Why does it have to be so busy! I have trip reports to write AND to read :) I need to pump up the Disney feelings on our way to the next trip in October :)

Yeah...I'm in a sort of slow time right now, but give it a few weeks and I might not surface again until November if it's anything like work last year. I'll be at the peak of my work worst while you're at WDW.

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Life is going very well and I got all me ADRs for the times I wanted. I wish you could have spent more time exploring DC it is quite beautiful, we're even thinking about stopping there on our way home for a few days to explore and relax

Great that life is well! Same on this side of the ocean! Already the ADR's in place. We have to wait another 50 days for the ADR's! DC is great, although because of the work there was not that much time to explore. We had a walk one night to the White House and National Momument. No time for Lincoln or the Capitol, but maybe next time. The final night we went to Alexandria, one of the oldest parts of DC. We did an Escape Room, which was great and had diner at a French restaurant, and was very good. Will be back in DC in the second part of 2016 so maybe more time to explore. Even got trips to Baku and Jakarta in the planning for 2016, so going to see some more parts of the world :)

Do they have those at the outlets?

No that I was aware. The ones we saw were in Studios.

I hope so otherwise I may have to pay retail:eek:

I guess they are worth the retail :)

I agree that Beauty and the Beast is one of the best shows on property! I think it's tied with Festival of the Lion King for me. :) Thanks for the update, following along for more!

Much more to come. We didn't had time for Festival of the Lion King, but probably this October. We also want to do Hoop Dee Do this year! And we have a dining plan, so more restaurants on our wish list :)

Yeah...I'm in a sort of slow time right now, but give it a few weeks and I might not surface again until November if it's anything like work last year. I'll be at the peak of my work worst while you're at WDW.

I totally understand. Just like I had to do in January and February :) And some more work trips in the planning for this year, so probably some I guess so more weeks without WDWMagic :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
My final post for today! Some more pictures from the show and after that we had a walk to another show, Motors and Action.

DSC_0135.JPG

DSC_0138.JPG

DSC_0143.JPG

DSC_0146.JPG

After the show we walked to Motors, Action!

DSC_0150.JPG

It always is a great view to se HTH :)

DSC_0152.JPG

DSC_0153.JPG

I guess enough Coca Cola for a whole year ;)

DSC_0154.JPG

Waiting for the show!

DSC_0157.JPG

DSC_0158.JPG

That's it for today! Have a great and magical day you all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom