2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
As long as it is a couple toddlers. It's the parents who get the 4 year old to ask for a space and the suddenly there is another 10 kids of the extended family pushing to the front as well that causes issues.​

This is exactly what happened to me last year at the late Boo To You parade. I found a spot on a curb about 45 minutes before the parade started. I was on a solo adventure at this point in the evening and just hung out and waited for the parade. About 5 minutes before the parade started a lady came up to me and started yelling (??) at me to let her small child sit down in my spot and I should stand. I told her I wasn't going to get up but I would move over as much as possible. I was limited by the trash can next to me. She crammed the kid in the spot (basically sitting on my lap) and then proceeded to try and shove more kids in a spot not even big enough for the toddler. A crowd control CM fortunately came to my rescue and told her that she needed to back up and have the kids stand because the kids were leaning too far out into the street and causing too much of a commotion.

halltd

We went on Sunday and the crowds were pretty bad at the beginning of the event and also during the Hocus Pocus show right before the fireworks. I was pushing my dad around in a wheelchair because it's hard for him to walk, and so many people just camped out on the ground in the middle of the street wouldn't even move. Thankfully crowd control had to basically tell people to get up so we could pass.

Besides that, and some pushy late-comers to the parade, we loved the event. Lots of the rides were wide open, and crowds thinned out later in the evening which was good. And, I LOVE the parade, Hocus Pocus show, and Hallowishes!

malice

Is the Hocus Pocus T shirt supposed to be a party exclusive? I was at the park last night and they had several out in Frontierland.

French Quarter

Good for you.
Depending on the circumstances I'll sometimes let shorter kids in front of me, but sometimes you just have to hold your ground against these people.

What people don't understand is that it is a nice gesture when someone lets you stand in front of them or gives you their seat on a bus but you aren't entitled to have this happen. I'm glad that you stood your ground. Some people are just plain rude.

Journey_On

Is the Hocus Pocus T shirt supposed to be a party exclusive? I was at the park last night and they had several out in Frontierland.

I saw the purple one that has the sisters on it (Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular - Magic Kingdom 2015) at the Emporium this afternoon.

EUmickey

Stubhub still offers tickets for some days with 31'st being cheap but this week with prices up to 400. But be quick if you don't have any tickets cause they seem to go really fast there now aswell now that face value's are sold out.

GymLeaderPhil

Stubhub still offers tickets for some days with 31'st being cheap but this week with prices up to 400. But be quick if you don't have any tickets cause they seem to go really fast there now aswell now that face value's are sold out.
Strongly recommend not buying these tickets from third parties. Disney can and will revoke them if resold.

ChristianG

I was watching recent Hallowishes videos and noticed that the finale looked a bit different. They seem to be using different shells for the very last part. Look at wdwmagic's video from September (skip to 10:00):

A more recent video shows them using different shells (11:10):

Also (I truly feel like a detective right now), I found another video of the show from a different date where they seem to be using different shells again (12:50) :

Does anyone know why? Is it just a supply issue? I mean, probably, but I'm just curious.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I was watching recent Hallowishes videos and noticed that the finale looked a bit different. They seem to be using different shells for the very last part. Look at wdwmagic's video from September (skip to 10:00):

A more recent video shows them using different shells (11:10):

Also (I truly feel like a detective right now), I found another video of the show from a different date where they seem to be using different shells again (12:50) :

Does anyone know why? Is it just a supply issue? I mean, probably, but I'm just curious.

Most likely Supply. If not, then testing new shells?

hpyhnt 1000

I would guess a supply issue if history is anything to go by. I seem to remember @marni1971 mentioning it happened last year, to the point where they had to start getting a bit creative to fill the shows.

That second video is particularly strange, as I've never seen an all willow finale for a fireworks show, Disney or non-Disney!

FrostyNaples

Went on 10/23 - what a spectacular event!

Jack & Sally came out @ 5pm! We hit them up first, even though the line was small, still took 1hr. They do a great job interacting.

Also got in the Seven dwarf's, the witch from snow white, and a few others. The parade was excellent!

Will go again!

mf1972

was at the party last night, 10/27, anyone witness the clarabelle the cow float break down? never seen that happen before. performers & staff handled it well. crowd was into it too.

ChristianG

Sorry, I keep popping in here with different videos of Hallowishes but I noticed something else while watching a video. There seem to be lights in the Main Street windows that are synched to the soundtrack that I've never noticed before. You can see them in this video (you can see it best if you watch the emporium):

I really dont remember ever seeing those. Are they new?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom