2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

HolleBolleGijs

The parties seem crowded, but I had very little wait for everything I wanted to do except for the 7 Dwarfs m&g tonight. We had no problems getting VERY close spots for both Hocus Pocus and Boo to You. It just feels more crowded because the queues aren't eating up people like they normally do.

bubbles1812

Advice for if you want both Jack & Sally and the 7 Dwarves. Line up for Jack & Sally between 430-5 (we did at 450) and then go right into the 7 Dwarves after. Jack & Sally came out at 5 and we were out by 540. Got in line for the dwarves and we were about 15th in line. They came out about 645 and we were done by 7 with still the whole party available for fun. Waiting early in the night was well worth it as the lines for both got crazy long later on.

I really enjoyed the party over all, exceeded my expectations. Crowds didn't feel too terrible... Though the MK the next day was so nuts they extended park hours by an hour, pushing EMH so it ended at 2 am. Got Minnie, Mickey, Daisy, Donald, Tinkerbelle, Cruella, the Hag, Alice, the Mad Hatter, and all the Pooh characters, along with the already mentioned Jack & Sally, and the 7 Dwarves, with time still for Celebrate the Magic, Hallowishes, and the second parade.

If you really want characters (like we did...wanted the classics in their costumes especially), second piece of advice... If someone in your group doesn't care about photos with the characters, send that person on to get in the next wait line. My mom and I played hopscotch through the night. She'd get in line while I got my character, soon as I got that, headed to her line, and she headed on to the next one.

ChrisM

If someone in your group doesn't care about photos with the characters, send that person on to get in the next wait line. My mom and I played hopscotch through the night. She'd get in line while I got my character, soon as I got that, headed to her line, and she headed on to the next one.

Ah, one of the "my family is ahead of you" line jumpers.

I'm sorry, but I hate you.

Bairstow

We attended Wednesday night and had a great time, but like others have supposed, the party did feel much more crowded to us compared to last year. The hub last year was packed, but possibly more so this year, even with the expanded viewing pads. We were there for the midnight Hocus Pocus stage show, and even then the hub was full of people. This year it seemed like the crowds were all over too, especially in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. Frontierland was much more manageable, and the parade route for the second show was only 2-3 people deep, so it was no trouble to get a good vantage point for that.

We didn't manage to ride a whole lot of things this year, partly due to the crowd, but mostly due to ride downages. Pirates was down for a lot of the afternoon and evening, we waited in a long line for Haunted Mansion for about 20 minutes without moving before bugging out, and Space Mountain and Mine Train were down every time we tried to ride them. We did get to see Space Mountain with the lights on via the Peoplemover, which was sort of cool. All the other attractions backed up pretty badly to handle to crowds from the downed rides, so only Mermaid and the Peoplemover were true walk-ons while we were there. I was very glad we had done Splash and Thunder with fastpasses as soon as we got in at 4, because this was our only park day this trip.

As always, the main fun of the party was being in costume and getting thumbs up or positive comments from other guests and cast members. If I hadn't been reading this thread and gone in with reasonable expectations about the crowds and wait times, we probably wouldn't have had such a good time.

If someone in your group doesn't care about photos with the characters, send that person on to get in the next wait line. My mom and I played hopscotch through the night. She'd get in line while I got my character, soon as I got that, headed to her line, and she headed on to the next one.

That's terrible.
Please don't do stuff like this.

Last edited:

ChrisM

why? As long as they only take one picture, I have no problem with this.

I certainly don't rank it in the same "line foul" category as when someone brings 6 additional people through the line to the spot with one line holder (or the people who are just plain lying until someone forces them to stop), but I frown upon any line holding scenarios. You get in line with your entire party. Period.

What this person is doing is, effectively, creating a human FastPass for themselves. But instead of a virtual person waiting in line for them, it's a real person. Poor form.

Bairstow

I certainly don't rank it in the same "line foul" category as when someone brings 6 additional people through the line to the spot with one line holder (or the people who are just plain lying until someone forces them to stop), but I frown upon any line holding scenarios. You get in line with your entire party. Period.

What this person is doing is, effectively, creating a human FastPass for themselves. But instead of a virtual person waiting in line for them, it's a real person. Poor form.

Even if the "human fastpass" scenario isn't actually creating longer wait times for any individual queue, it's reprehensible because it relies on deception to work. When a person asks the other people in the queue to move past them to rejoin their family, the people who agree to move are doing so because they assume there's been some sort of miscommunication that has separated the people, and allow the family to rejoin out of concern and courtesy. Unless the question asked was, "Excuse me- can I go past you- my mother is holding my place in line, and then will leave and go hold my place in front of people in a different line so that I can wait in more queues faster than your family is going to be able to?" the jumper is deliberately abusing the good will of the other guests in the park. It's deceptive and inconsiderate.

afb28

what's the song they play around main st that talks about voodoo? i can't remember it for the life of me and it's starting to take up my day lol

Daniel Johnson

We went Friday night. I will say, it didn't seem half as crowded as some said other parties were this year. Most paths were fairly light on traffic, we got a decent spot for the parade right outside the old yankee traders, and fairly good spot for the first sisters show. I was really blown away by the show, far better in person, and I have a villian crush on oogie boogie...so, I was pretty happy. But, with good comes bad.
Less people didn't necessarily mean it was a totally care free night. Im not sure when having a stroller and ump-teen kids in tow means your entitled to better viewing areas or shorter lines for rides. One little kid and a parent are totally fine to stand in front of me for a show or parade...three teens that are as tall as me and one toddler who would rather beat random people with a sword is another issue all together. But the mother didn't understand why I didn't let them in front. She said I was being selfish because I was an adult, when i said my ticket cost as much as theirs, she said she was getting security...I never saw them again. Other than a couple attitudes, it was a good time. Go see the party, even just if it's for the show and the awesome poison Apple mug I got!

Bairstow

...Im not sure when having a stroller and ump-teen kids in tow means your entitled to better viewing areas or shorter lines for rides. One little kid and a parent are totally fine to stand in front of me for a show or parade...three teens that are as tall as me and one toddler who would rather beat random people with a sword is another issue all together. But the mother didn't understand why I didn't let them in front. She said I was being selfish because I was an adult, when i said my ticket cost as much as theirs, she said she was getting security...I never saw them again...

Good for you.
Depending on the circumstances I'll sometimes let shorter kids in front of me, but sometimes you just have to hold your ground against these people.

tribbleorlfl

Im not sure when having a stroller and ump-teen kids in tow means your entitled to better viewing areas or shorter lines for rides. One little kid and a parent are totally fine to stand in front of me for a show or parade...three teens that are as tall as me and one toddler who would rather beat random people with a sword is another issue all together. But the mother didn't understand why I didn't let them in front. She said I was being selfish because I was an adult, when i said my ticket cost as much as theirs, she said she was getting security...I never saw them again.
Good for you.
Depending on the circumstances I'll sometimes let shorter kids in front of me, but sometimes you just have to hold your ground against these people.
I know this topic comes up every so often in etiquette-related posts and I can see both sides of it. On one hand, many people pull up a piece of pavement an hour or more before the shows and parades start in order to secure the best spots available. I know we did for the UCF Fiesta Bowl parade a couple years ago and also the first year my dad was in the cast choir (waaayyyy back when the Candlelight Processional was still at MK). It's not reasonable for late arrivers to expect early birds to make room for a bunch of people and negatively impact the experience they waited for.

That being said, I have kids and I can't tell you how many times my now-10 year old (when he wasn't over 5' tall!) was either completely ignored or was very rudely rejected when he politely asked to get a better view in front of someone. It's gotten worse for my 2.5 year-old, so I don't even bother asking for her anymore. I just automatically throw her up on my shoulders (which I know is another thing that gets people riled up on here).

Frankly, letting a couple toddlers in front of you so they can see isn't cedeing "your ground", it's just common courtesy (which sadly, isn't so common these days). But I also agree, large groups of kids, older kids and teens who can generally at least get an obstructed view behind people, well, parents shouldn't expect people to make way for them (nor should they get upset when people don't).

Jon81uk

I know this topic comes up every so often in etiquette-related posts and I can see both sides of it. On one hand, many people pull up a piece of pavement an hour or more before the shows and parades start in order to secure the best spots available. I know we did for the UCF Fiesta Bowl parade a couple years ago and also the first year my dad was in the cast choir (waaayyyy back when the Candlelight Processional was still at MK). It's not reasonable for late arrivers to expect early birds to make room for a bunch of people and negatively impact the experience they waited for.

That being said, I have kids and I can't tell you how many times my now-10 year old (when he wasn't over 5' tall!) was either completely ignored or was very rudely rejected when he politely asked to get a better view in front of someone. It's gotten worse for my 2.5 year-old, so I don't even bother asking for her anymore. I just automatically throw her up on my shoulders (which I know is another thing that gets people riled up on here).

Frankly, letting a couple toddlers in front of you so they can see isn't cedeing "your ground", it's just common courtesy (which sadly, isn't so common these days). But I also agree, large groups of kids, older kids and teens who can generally at least get an obstructed view behind people, well, parents shouldn't expect people to make way for them (nor should they get upset when people don't).
As long as it is a couple toddlers. It's the parents who get the 4 year old to ask for a space and the suddenly there is another 10 kids of the extended family pushing to the front as well that causes issues.​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom