7DMT Animatronics

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How is their movement not simple? It is a lot of back-and-forth.

The one swinging the pick axe (yes I can't tell one dwarf from another) is doing more the move back and forth. Along with the axe swinging the head is moving with at least two degrees of freedom. This doesn't even take into consideration the level of apparent movement that the projections add. No, these are not the most advanced animatronics Disney has done, but they are a step above a lot of what is in Mermaid and are appropriate for how they are being used.

ASilmser

How is their movement not simple? It is a lot of back-and-forth.
Take another look. They are not simple figures. They are genuine AA's doing natural, but quick and repetitive movements, probably because the trains will be moving by at about 5 mph (or faster) rather than the 1-2 mph of an omnimover. They can't do anything more than that, or people will miss the show. Even so, their movements are fluid, but organic. That doesn't happen with a simple mechanical figure.

I don't know what else you would want for a show scene on this attraction, except for the Dwarfs to walk over and punch you in the face for thinking they were too simple.:oops:

I've posted it a couple of times, but here goes again: Don't let your frustration about lack of other developments at WDW cloud your judgement about this attraction. It does not appear to be built on the cheap. It's a Fantasyland attraction. Are you forgetting what it replaced? If the switch from Scary Adventure to a meet-and-greet plus THIS is an example of how Disney is going to revamp its current lineup of attractions, then we need to applaud them.:happy:

After a few seconds of applause, we can tell them to quickly get to work on Tomorrowland, DHS, EPCOT, and Dinoland. . . and "plus it" with the same attention to quality and detail that they just did here!

ASilmser

I think someone hasn't seen Hunny Hunt's AAs.
I have, on video. And they look good. I think these dwarves look really good too. They are perfect for this type of attraction.

If you want me to agree that they should gut the Winnie the Pooh ride at WDW and replace it with a Honey Hut clone, you won't get any resistance from me. THAT was a cheap replacement of an existing dark ride.

I'll add WTP to my list in my previous post.

Last edited:

the.dreamfinder

I have, on video. And they look good. I think these dwarves look really good too. They are perfect for this type of attraction.

If you want me to agree that they should gut the Winnie the Pooh ride at WDW and replace it with a Honey Hut clone, you won't get any resistance from me. THAT was a cheap replacement of an existing dark ride.

I'll add WTP to my list in my previous post.
7DMT's figures are just animated figures like MK's Pooh with projected faces.

TP2000

These look good. Not jaw-dropping or truly stunning, but they look good. I think they'll work well in this 7DMT environment; a short dark-ride sequence based on classic animated characters.

This ride is a short and mellow family coaster with two show scenes, it's not the next Indiana Jones Adventure or Radiator Springs Racers or Pirates of the Caribbean. So the animatronics don't need to be super sophisticated or amazing. And this projected face technology works well with small cartoon characters like the Dwarves.

Not sure this projected face tech could be used as effectively with larger figures based on real humans, but for little cartoon guys it works well.

spacemt354

Chili's
Disney just can't win here, can they?
Win what? If you like them, that's great. I'm not sure how other people's opinions affect your own.

At least it will be entertaining watching people on here try to spin this video in a negative light.

I'll hold my full judgement until the ride opens. But again, there is nothing groundbreaking here. Same technology they have used for other attractions. Is it impressive? Absolutely. Has it been done before? Yes. So is it "game-changing"? Not really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom