7DMT Animatronics

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't know what it's like in Pittsburgh, but in Philly when any of the teams are doing bad you hear NOTHING but fans complaining about them.

Although in the same state, the burgh more closely resembles a fine Midwestern city like Chicago, Milwaukee or Kansas City than Philly. In my travels there the people are a lot more easy going and a lot more forgiving towards their sports teams. I'm a 4-for-4 Philly sports fan and even I can't stand listening to my fellow fans complain sometimes. We've taken it to an art form. Not something to necessarily be proud of, just a fact.

TP2000

Miceage has mentioned that WDI has been working on "projected face" animatronics for the rumored updates coming to Disneyland's five dark rides in Fantasyland. Specifically, they recently mentioned the Queen of Hearts with a new projected face in the Alice In Wonderland dark ride. But I think we've just seen this technology appear first in WDW with the Dwarves.

Disney hasn't announced any updates to Disneyland's dark rides, it's just a rumor Miceage has been chasing for the last year to 18 months. That Miceage rumor suddenly seems more credible now with this tech appearing in WDW first.

mergatroid

You've seen this, right? @Sthebest just shared it on the general thread. Great stuff!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...r-eyes-on-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-characters/

Well I think that looks really impressive. After reading for months on here how terrible they were going to be and getting very depressed about it, seeing that has really cheered me up :happy:. I think they look just perfect for the attraction, obviously I'll need to experience the overall feel of it by riding it but it certainly appears to be a lot better than the picture many on here were trying to paint which is a good thing.

lazyboy97o

All AA's are repetitive. These are not ground-breaking, but they fit the theme rather well, and they are fluid and fun. They look great. Compared to the CARDBOARD CUT OUT talk, this was not expected.
No, an animatronic is repetitive by programming. It does not appear the movement of these figures could be changed to be rather different. "Not ground-breaking" is exactly my point. I would have preferred similarly simple faces, as I dislike the juxtaposition of projected faces with physical movement (this includes Buzz Lightyear, Constance, Mr. Potato Head and a special mention to King Triton for his hair that is different from everyone else's).

I'm just saying, it's seems like a number of posters here want Disney to fail and will find every little detail to pick at. And then when they finally do something right everyone is like "Oh they're nice, but they could be better.." Or something along the lines of that.
Who has said anything about failure?

My favorite was probably "7dmt animatronics will be worse than carousel of progress."
I see no evidence that the figures are capable of such a range of motion.

fbb

Did the question come off as a joke? Yes, I was seriously asking you the question. I've yet to come across a poster that hated Disney and wanted it to fail. So because we're fans, we have to say positive things all the time?

Also, everyone has their own favorites. If I don't like vanilla and you don't like chocolate and someone else doesn't like strawberry, one could look at our opinions and think we all hate ice cream.

Jabbas

Also, everyone has their own favorites. If I don't like vanilla and you don't like chocolate and someone else doesn't like strawberry, one could look at our opinions and think we all hate ice cream.

Yes but do you go on ice cream forums and bash vanilla ice cream constantly? No one said you have to praise them constantly, that would be boring. But at least give credit where it's due.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yeah could we quit with the sarcasm? It just would be nice to have people not look for something to complain about.

You are now complaining about other people complaining:cool:

You can't change people's minds. If you think the ride looks great then just be happy and enjoy it. Don't let others get you down.

I personally think they look great, especially compared to the low expectations set here.

ASilmser

This website, in particular, has a lot of people who have loved ice cream for a long time and remember how their grandmother's ice cream tasted.

I think nostalgia and childhood innocence have clouded our memories and kept us from being objective here. Grandma's "ice cream" was made of cardboard cut-outs and black light effects.

MerlinTheGoat

My favorite was probably "7dmt animatronics will be worse than carousel of progress."
The physical figures themselves are indeed worse than Carousel of Progress, their motion definitely doesn't match even those archaic animatronics. The only "impressive" thing about these figures are the facial projections (and calling it impressive is a stretch). Even the Worlds Fair version of CoP had more motion to their figures than these, clearly seen in this making of video-

MY personal favorite is the guy earlier who said Hunny Hunt's figures were worse, lmao! I think these figures turned out well for what they are and what REAL insiders said they were. The reality was once again 100% spot on with what people like Lee have been saying for ages now- relatively simple figures with somewhat limited motion underneath the projected faces. They're decent figures and a step up over the original Snow White ride, but not the impressive ground breaking animatronic figures that DisneyConstruction23 and even now others like you are hyping them as (and those lies are one of the major reasons people are negative and disappointed in the first place). They're not bad looking figures, but one expects far more from Disney figures. Doubly so when Disney commands such an inflated price tag and prolonged construction period (along with fake insiders making up lies about the quality to be expected).

Projected faces are also nothing new by now and have been applied to much better moving figures than these before. Lumiere for example (as stated), the Cars in Radiator Springs Racers, and the Buzz Lightyear and Mr Potato Head figures in the queues of their respective rides.

I think nostalgia and childhood innocence have clouded our memories and kept us from being objective here. Grandma's "ice cream" was made of cardboard cut-outs and black light effects.
Grandma's ice cream didn't cost several hundred million dollars, nor did it take anywhere near as long to create (or lied about and falsely hyped as an E ticket). Compare this Mine Train instead to an actual E ticket ride like Horizons or any of the old Future World greats, all of which DID have massive quantities of cutting edge AA figures and ridiculously elaborate show scenes (and individually cost immensely less money and time to build). Or in more recent times, Splash Mountain, Sinbad, Pooh's Hunny Hunt etc.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom