7DMT Animatronics

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Just a follow up from the attraction page:

"Showcasing a first-of-its kind coaster system, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train cruises along through a fabulous mine—glittering with diamonds, emeralds and other precious gems—swinging and swaying Guests up large lifts, across sharp banks and around exhilarating turns."

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/seven-dwarfs-mine-train/

Lets hope the reports of the cars having the swing disabled are incorrect. I would certainly LIKE this not to be true!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Did the side-to-side rocking get cut? I thought there were some test videos showing it in action.

I've heard rumors that WDI fixed them in position for various reasons, If you had a LARGE rider it could make the train unstable due to inertia.

In this case I would support WDI in disabling the rocking feature although if I were designing it I would let it swing freely unless the load on the car exceeded a preset limit in which case mechanism would lock car in fixed mode.

This would be a pretty simple mechanism the bearing would be on a spring toggle and the shaft would have flats which dropped into a socket if the spring toggle was tripped.

kinghenry

I've seen them, all 7. They are great. I've said this already. Lets use some common sense. They will not spend the time and money making a detailed, perfect looking mountain/hill and put dwarf cut outs or shi**y AA's inside of them.

I think Disney has learned a little from Universal in keeping things secretive until closer to opening.

ASilmser

The Jungle a cruise has animated figures, The Enchanted Tiki Room has animatronics. The differentiator is the ability to be programmed.
Thanks for the clarification. I seem to remember seeing some old literature describing the Jungle Cruise figures as AA, but then I KNOW that the Tiki Birds were considered the first AA's, so that always confused me given the fact that the JC pre-dates the Tiki Room.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I've seen them, all 7. They are great. I've said this already. Lets use some common sense. They will not spend the time and money making a detailed, perfect looking mountain/hill and put dwarf cut outs or shi**y AA's inside of them.

I think Disney has learned a little from Universal in keeping things secretive until closer to opening.

Mermaid anyone... Awesome rockwork and queue, The ride itself well not so good It has its own threads.

ASilmser

I'm at 60/40 with this one. Based on the recent literature and the love affair WDI (and guests and fans) seem to be having with the projection technology, I'd say there's a slightly better chance that that's what we'll see. Based on their treatment of some supposedly "headliner" attractions in the recent past. . . .well. . . :grumpy:

I'm a cautious optimist I guess. Even so, ford91exploder, and fans like him have a reason to be doubtful. I also appreciate the willingness to sing Disney's praises if they actually get this one right.

Lee

Adventurer
I could be wrong, but the impression I got from @Lee was that he saw the plans for the figures, not the built figures themselves.

Regardless, it seems evident that at least some figures will have projection technology used to create facial features. The DVC plans for Dopey actually mention it, in fact, in addition to the Disney Files article and the ride description mentioning similar things. Whether or not this would make them "impressive" or "advanced" is largely a subjective matter, so we'll wait and see.

Also, no one seems to know anything about the cottage scene figures.
I saw a sketch of the dwarves. Looked to be pretty basic figures with animation projected on the faces.
Cool idea, but not what I personally consider to be impressive AAs with compliant movement.

Suitable for a Fantasyland setting such as this.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Mermaid isn't a bad ride. Its just a clone. It eats up people, and that's what fantasyland needed.

And you cant even compare Mermaids exterior to the seven dwarfs.

Disagree, Mermaid IS a bad ride so bad that Anaheim is spending millions to FIX the show issues it's nowhere near as good as Peter Pan for transporting you to another place and Peter Pan is 40+ years old!!!, With Mermaid it's OBVIOUS you are in a warehouse building - the whole POINT of a classic dark ride is you see only the show elements NOT THE BUILDING ITSELF.

lazyboy97o

Good looking does not equate to advanced or highly sophisticated.

TalkingHead

So I assume that the figures are so impressive that they'll make the 60+ minute wait worth it.

Disney Analyst

Disagree, Mermaid IS a bad ride so bad that Anaheim is spending millions to FIX the show issues it's nowhere near as good as Peter Pan for transporting you to another place and Peter Pan is 40+ years old!!!, With Mermaid it's OBVIOUS you are in a warehouse building - the whole POINT of a classic dark ride is you see only the show elements NOT THE BUILDING ITSELF.

Going to disagree... Now if were talking about Peter Pan at Disneyland.. then sure... but Peter Pan at Disney World does not hold a candle to mermaid. Now that ride shocked me... Could see the black curtains everywhere to hide show scenes, black walls... could tell I was in a room, not an an environment. For the most part in Mermaid I feel fully immersed.

doctornick

I saw a sketch of the dwarves. Looked to be pretty basic figures with animation projected on the faces.
Cool idea, but not what I personally consider to be impressive AAs with compliant movement.

Thank you for the clarification and information. If you don't mind me asking, did you see any of the plans for the cottage scene figures?

dstrawn9889

Just a follow up from the attraction page:

"Showcasing a first-of-its kind coaster system, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train cruises along through a fabulous mine—glittering with diamonds, emeralds and other precious gems—swinging and swaying Guests up large lifts, across sharp banks and around exhilarating turns."

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/seven-dwarfs-mine-train/
there will not be much rocking until these cars are loaded unevenly...

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Suitable for a Fantasyland setting such as this.
I know you said you saw the original plans a long while ago. Did the plans really change or get enhanced like what was suggested in that article? Any idea of which characters will be in the cottage scene or the scope of that part of the ride? That seems to be the only mystery left for this ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom