7DMT Animatronics

Sevier

I'm just saying, it's seems like a number of posters here want Disney to fail and will find every little detail to pick at. And then when they finally do something right everyone is like "Oh they're nice, but they could be better.." Or something along the lines of that.

All you need to do is read the new "spirit" thread to draw this conclusion. Summary...Disney sucks, people at Disney are trash, smugness. uni is great, people at uni are first class, more smugness, people eating it up with a spoon.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'll hold my full judgement until the ride opens. But again, there is nothing groundbreaking here. Same technology they have used for other attractions. Is it impressive? Absolutely. Has it been done before? Yes. So is it "game-changing"? Not really.

Were you really expecting groundbreaking? Game-changing? I didn't get that from the years of talk leading up to this ride opening. Up until a few weeks ago the "animated figures" were supposed to be unimpressive and an afterthought according to insiders here. Some people were even saying they would be nothing more than recycled figures from SW. None of the talk was pointing towards groundbreaking or game-changing. I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised based on the low expectations set here.

Californian Elitist

I'm just saying, it's seems like a number of posters here want Disney to fail and will find every little detail to pick at. And then when they finally do something right everyone is like "Oh they're nice, but they could be better.." Or something along the lines of that.

Why would people here, fans of Disney, mind you, want Disney to fail?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
All you need to do is read the new "spirit" thread to draw this conclusion. Summary...Disney sucks, people at Disney are trash, smugness. uni is great, people at uni are first class, more smugness, people eating it up with a spoon.

Actually, Mr Spirit was critical of the new Uni attractions on his new thread and got a lot of heat for it on twitter. Apparently the Potter Dusters are even more sensitive than pixie dusters;)

DisneyJunkie

I don't know that their physical movements are anything to write home about, but I love the fact that they're incorporating the animated face in them like is in use with the animatronic Buzz in the queue for the Space Ranger Spin. You can really get so much more expression from them and bring them to life better that way. Now......show us some Snow White and Wicked Queen/Witch.

Clamman73

What do these figures look like with the projections turned off?
exec_headshot_megCrofton.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Were you really expecting groundbreaking? Game-changing? I didn't get that from the years of talk leading up to this ride opening. Up until a few weeks ago the "animated figures" were supposed to be unimpressive and an afterthought according to insiders here. Some people were even saying they would be nothing more than recycled figures from SW. None of the talk was pointing towards groundbreaking or game-changing. I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised based on the low expectations set here.

I never said I was expecting groundbreaking?

Simply responding to a poster who was waiting to see the entertainment from people who would put a "negative" spin on the video. Just because a response is not overly positive and deals with reality, does not make it negative spin. Hence the comparison to "groundbreaking"

I think you misinterpreted what I was trying to say.

Jabbas

Why would people here, fans of Disney, mind you, want Disney to fail?

Are you seriously asking me this? Half of these threads are people bashing Disney. I'm a fan of the TV show Glee. I'm a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I mean I don't constantly praise them but I don't sit on a forum, claim to be a fan, and then talk negatively about it every chance I get.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Are you seriously asking me this? Half of these threads are people bashing Disney. I'm a fan of the TV show Glee. I'm a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I mean I don't constantly praise them but I don't sit on a forum, claim to be a fan, and then talk negatively about it every chance I get.

I don't know what it's like in Pittsburgh, but in Philly when any of the teams are doing bad you hear NOTHING but fans complaining about them.

spacemt354

Chili's

That's very much hyperbole and sensationalism.

The bashing is, for the most part, Disney fans who aren't afraid to hold Disney to the high standards they themselves have set. This is deserved criticism in some people's opinions. Others though, do not agree the criticism is deserved.

If you want to be the theme park capital of the world, be prepared for passionate fans who want nothing but the best.

As for sports teams analogies, passionate fans are the most critical. Fire this coach, cut that player, he didn't win the superbowl? He should be fired!

That kind of jargon is used all the time in the sports fan's world.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I never said I was expecting groundbreaking?

Simply responding to a poster who was waiting to see the entertainment from people who would put a "negative" spin on the video. Just because a response is not overly positive and deals with reality, does not make it negative spin. Hence the comparison to "groundbreaking"

I think you misinterpreted what I was trying to say.

Yeah, I didn't get that at all from your post. Definitely misinterpreted.

Californian Elitist

Did the question come off as a joke? Yes, I was seriously asking you the question. I've yet to come across a poster that hated Disney and wanted it to fail. So because we're fans, we have to say positive things all the time?

spacemt354

Chili's

You're making an assumption. What "seems" to be is actually not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom