7DMT Animatronics

lazyboy97o

That is a good point. These did not have to be the most advanced AAs ever built, not for this experience.
Throughout these threads people have tried to sell this attraction as the next leap forward. Those you point out it never had such goals then get called negative.

Daigon Alley looks to be a bottleneck nightmare. IOA is full of those areas, I guess the Studio side wanted to catch up. But it is hard to have a ALLEY and make it wide.
The willingness to put show before efficiency is part of why Rowling jumped to Universal. This is not some mistake on Universal's part, it is what the creator wanted. One of my critiques on New Fantasyland is that the main walkway feels more like a highway than trail through the woods.

Uncle Lupe

For FLE I did not expect a THRILL coaster because well you will be taking kids on their first coaster ride, But so much was pulled from the ride, The lanterns on the mine cars, the side to side rocking, much of the interior detail it's the details that make Disney SPECIAL and they have skipped so much of that,

I'm afraid of another Mermaid where you can SEE the ceiling and the lights and all the other stuff which in every disney attraction PRIOR to mermaid has been cleverly hidden from the guest.

I WOULD be impressed IF they use the new synchronized projection and would praise Disney to the skies IF they do that. With the 'value engineering' so prevalent at FLE I am not holding my breath.

I hope they use the projection technology just to hear you praise Disney. I'm holding you to it:cool:

Did this get resolved?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Doesn't matter what anyone says. Some people may think they are the greatest thing ever, it's all opinion, not fact. I gave everyone the benefit of the doubt, and while I personally think they are great, not the greatest thing ever though, someone else may think they are. It's all opinion. It's not a fact. You don't have to be an insider to say something is great. Different strokes...
o_O

danlb_2000

Premium Member
For FLE I did not expect a THRILL coaster because well you will be taking kids on their first coaster ride, But so much was pulled from the ride, The lanterns on the mine cars, the side to side rocking, much of the interior detail it's the details that make Disney SPECIAL and they have skipped so much of that,

I'm afraid of another Mermaid where you can SEE the ceiling and the lights and all the other stuff which in every disney attraction PRIOR to mermaid has been cleverly hidden from the guest.

I WOULD be impressed IF they use the new synchronized projection and would praise Disney to the skies IF they do that. With the 'value engineering' so prevalent at FLE I am not holding my breath.

Where did you ever get the idea that the side to side motion had been cut? Also, the lanterns are clearly still on the trains.

LithiumBill

The willingness to put show before efficiency is part of why Rowling jumped to Universal. This is not some mistake on Universal's part, it is what the creator wanted.

No doubt, it's faithful, and beautiful. That does not stop me from getting nervous when I am shoulder to shoulder like a sardine and I am worried I am going to loose my kids... ;)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The way it was being phrased by you in previous posts sounded like Snow White figures being brought over was considered "credible" info.

This thread had no purpose when first created since there are several others focusing on the mine train here. From how I read it, that post you quoted, I was hardly going to latch onto it and then believe Disney was recycling the figures. In fact, the post was written in a question format.

And besides, the general consensus regarding the attraction was not that they were bringing the figures over. That was an outlying opinion.

While I agree that the low expectations helped stimulate a positive response to the figures (I had even said that earlier), I don't think the low expectations stemmed from everyone believing that the figures would be recycled
Sorry if you misinterpreted what I wrote. I never said any specific person was saying this and I never said it was a "credible" source just simply that it was rumored by some people to possibly be happening. The other poster claimed I was making this up and it was never said and asked for an example so I quoted the post from page 1. It wasn't the point of my post, but he latched onto that one statement and asked for clarification so I provided it. My point is the AAs were more impressive to me given the low expectations set. If people disagree and think the AAs aren't impressive that's fine.

I'm not sure why some people are so sensitive about this topic. The AAs turned out to be a little better than what the "general consensus" or credible insiders were suggesting. That's a good thing isn't it? We are all Disney fans who are sometimes negative because we love Disney so much and they have been disappointing us.

Captain Chaos

Sorry if you misinterpreted what I wrote. I never said any specific person was saying this and I never said it was a "credible" source just simply that it was rumored by some people to possibly be happening. The other poster claimed I was making this up and it was never said and asked for an example so I quoted the post from page 1. It wasn't the point of my post, but he latched onto that one statement and asked for clarification so I provided it. My point is the AAs were more impressive to me given the low expectations set. If people disagree and think the AAs aren't impressive that's fine.

I'm not sure why some people are so sensitive about this topic. The AAs turned out to be a little better than what the "general consensus" or credible insiders were suggesting. That's a good thing isn't it? We are all Disney fans who are sometimes negative because we love Disney so much and they have been disappointing us.
Goof, I asked you to point out where it was said as a fact or as a rumor that the SW figures would be recycled on the new ride... Not cause I was accusing you of making it up, please don't put words in my mouth... I asked you to post who said it cause I honestly never read such nonsense from anyone... I wanted to see who said it, if it came from a wannabe or a trusted insider.. again, cause I never read such comments, not cause I was accusing you of anything... You set your expectations low based on a know nothing member here... No one's fault but your own...

**Just read this... Didn't mean for it to sound harsh...

As far as the animated figures being better than what credible insiders were saying, they really aren't... They are exactly what was described... Again, nice for what they are and what they are for, but over all nothing special... No one credible insider ever said these were less than that... These figures are exactly what I expected, nothing earth shattering, not the great things ever, not cardboard cut out garbage, but basic animated figures which do the job they are meant to do...

Last edited:

NMBC1993

Universal is so cheap that they are using screens on their little train ride. Disney would have actually built a fully realized Scotland.

Yeah, back in the glory days they would have. Don't forget, Disney is just as screen crazy as Uni seems to be. Anyone been on SSE recently? The second half of the ride is you staring at a screen, also let's not forget about all the interactive queues, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, etc.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Goof, I asked you to point out where it was said as a fact or as a rumor that the SW figures would be recycled on the new ride... Not cause I was accusing you of making it up, please don't put words in my mouth... I asked you to post who said it cause I honestly never read such nonsense from anyone... I wanted to see who said it, if it came from a wannabe or a trusted insider.. again, cause I never read such comments, not cause I was accusing you of anything... You set your expectations low based on a know nothing member here... No one's fault but your own...

As far as the animated figures being better than what credible insiders were saying, they really aren't... They are exactly what was described... Again, nice for what they are and what they are for, but over all nothing special... No one credible insider ever said these were less than that... These figures are exactly what I expected, nothing earth shattering, not the great things ever, not cardboard cut out garbage, but basic animated figures which do the job they are meant to do...
My bad. I'm not trying to drag this out so lets just end this silly debate now. I honestly don't have the list of who to trust and who is a wannabe. I know who the main trusted insiders are, but I don't know where everyone else stands. I generally tend to believe people when they say things and maybe I am too trusting. In the interest of not splitting hairs on the topic I'll retract my statement about the recycled AAs and rephrase everything I said:

My personal expectations were set low. I'm just speaking for myself here not for the rest of the board. Trusted insiders said the figures would be basic with limited motion and nothing impressive. This seemed to be confirmed by the sketches from D23. In my opinion the figures are better than what I was expecting. They don't have a lot of motion, but the projection technology is pretty cool and makes up for that. This is again my opinion. I don't remember anyone talking about the projection aspect before a few months ago. It may have been talked about and I just missed it. As of a few months ago I expected basic figures with limited motion with no projection. So in my mind the figures turned out better than I expected. I give Disney credit for pleasantly surprising me.

I understand that not everyone agrees with me. I said in almost every one of my posts that I respected the fact that others are still not impressed with the AAs. It's an opinion and everyone is entitled to one.

LithiumBill

My bad. I'm not trying to drag this out so lets just end this silly debate now. I honestly don't have the list of who to trust and who is a wannabe. I know who the main trusted insiders are, but I don't know where everyone else stands. I generally tend to believe people when they say things and maybe I am too trusting. In the interest of not splitting hairs on the topic I'll retract my statement about the recycled AAs and rephrase everything I said:

My personal expectations were set low. I'm just speaking for myself here not for the rest of the board. Trusted insiders said the figures would be basic with limited motion and nothing impressive. This seemed to be confirmed by the sketches from D23. In my opinion the figures are better than what I was expecting. They don't have a lot of motion, but the projection technology is pretty cool and makes up for that. This is again my opinion. I don't remember anyone talking about the projection aspect before a few months ago. It may have been talked about and I just missed it. As of a few months ago I expected basic figures with limited motion with no projection. So in my mind the figures turned out better than I expected. I give Disney credit for pleasantly surprising me.

I understand that not everyone agrees with me. I said in almost every one of my posts that I respected the fact that others are still not impressed with the AAs. It's an opinion and everyone is entitled to one.
You said it better than I did. That's how I feel as well.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The figures look pretty good.
A huge improvement from the original design.

Without the faces, though....average.
Wise decision to spend the extra money there.
Any idea if they will be extending the projection technology to other older rides? Mice Chat has had that rumor for DLR for a while but I'm not sure if it's really credible at this point.

rioriz

Any idea if they will be extending the projection technology to other older rides? Mice Chat has had that rumor for DLR for a while but I'm not sure if it's really credible at this point.
I believe an insider here said they would be looking to upgrade many animatronics with these new ones in the next year

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom