7DMT Animatronics

Jabbas

I joined this forum because I love Disney but sometimes this forum seems like a popularity contest. Your not cool unless your bashing Disney or a "Well-known member." Sorry it's just kind of awesome to see them reveal details little by little and then once I read a post it's an instant buzzkill. I don't think everything about Disney is awesome, even thought it seems to be the general consensus if you say something positive. I can't stand Hollywood studios but Im sure not gonna go post and critique it every chance I get.

lazyboy97o

I don't think the big features of Little Mermaid had anything to do with its failure. It was the skimping on the lesser elements that hurt it actually (putting even less effort into basic show elements than now ancient dark rides like Peter Pan or the original Snow White such as causing mechanical things to be visible to the guest for one example). The Ursula animatronic and some of the nicer figures are some of the better parts IMO (Ariel's face was pretty weird but that was more to do with the design artists). You can have a charming darkride style experience with a lot of advanced figures (Splash Mountain is kind of a thrilling dark ride in some ways). The problem is that it was basically a C ticket hyped as an E by Disney and we only saw the best parts in previews, they skimped on some of the other show elements and made some really juvenile mistakes that don't even affect old dark rides.

Had they gone with Tony Baxter's 90's idea for a Little Mermaid ride and put more effort into the minor figures (and covered up elements guests shouldn't see), I think the ride would have been far more loved even with some impressive AA figures.
We're in agreement. What I was trying to say is that too much time, money, resources, etc. were placed on a few elements at the detriment of others.

I never was on the E-Ticket band wagon... It's not. It's a kid's ride in Fantasyland that parents can enjoy with them. (Admission, I have three kids between 9-7 -- that includes twins), so yeah, this is in my demographic.)

I never engage here, I lurk, a lot. But I get miffed when something that is above expectations comes along, and still get bashed right down, right away, as not being ground breaking materials. It's a family ride, in Fantasyland. These Dwarfs are a step up from the last ones, and they are in a mine, in the middle of a roller coaster.

I never thought these would be Life Model Decoys of the Dwarfs (I saved that idea for Snow White).
What was above expectations? Nobody credible was saying they would reuse the figures from Snow White's Scary Adventures. These figures are right in line with what was expected.

yensidtlaw1969

I got a free minute and decided to replace the awful weird music in the Dwarf Animatronic video with "Heigh Ho" -- as you'll see, it worked especially well for Bashful (though he sings Grumpy's part, but I recall hearing the dwarfs voices are new recordings, so I'm sure that won't be the case in the ride), and generally suits the video better than whatever that random music was:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think there is some revisionist history going on here. Up until a few months ago nobody on here was talking about projections for these AAs. What we heard were rumors of recycled figures from SW and/or animated figures that were not impressive or were nothing special. Only one guy who got himself banned said anything about the AAs being great or impressive or the best thing ever. He had no details and never mentioned anything about facial projections. If it's your opinion that you just don't like the projection technology or you don't like the AAs that's fair, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Any way you slice it these things were a bit of a surprise compared to what info we had.

Captain Chaos

What exactly is the truth? Lol I'm just wondering again how a ride in fantasyland interrupts my day to day life. I think going on this forum and constantly picking and bashing at something no one has ridden on yet is kind of obsessive.
And going on this forum and constantly praising something no one has ridden yet isn't kind of obsessive? Disney has released official pictures and videos for the public to see, judge, and comment on... Members here (and elsewhere) have posted their own personal pictures on here (and elsewhere) for us to see, judge, and comment on... So, we aren't supposed to comment? Or is it we cannot comment unless we only have positive things to say? Negative comments aren't allowed? Are people supposed to just fall in line like good little Disney minions?

People speak the truth about the condition of WDW, how WDW is run by TDO... I'm sure you have seen plenty of those threads and comments... There are people who just cannot handle it... The cannot hear (or read) of anything negative about Disney or WDW because it ruins their day, and their actions on this site (and elsewhere) prove it... Wonder why 74 (and others) say many WDW/Disney fans have a mental illness? Read their responses... Proof in the pudding... Some people just cannot handle the truth...

Heck, 74 was just attacked by someone because he dared speak the truth about Universal the other day... Uni fanboys aren't any better...

Captain Chaos

I think there is some revisionist history going on here. Up until a few months ago nobody on here was talking about projections for these AAs. What we heard were rumors of recycled figures from SW and/or animated figures that were not impressive or were nothing special. Only one guy who got himself banned said anything about the AAs being great or impressive or the best thing ever. He had no details and never mentioned anything about facial projections. If it's your opinion that you just don't like the projection technology or you don't like the AAs that's fair, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Any way you slice it these things were a bit of a surprise compared to what info we had.
I've seen you post that a couple of times already... Who said they were just going to recycle figures from Snow White? I don't ever recall @Lee or any other truth worthy insider mentioning that, even as just a rumor... If they said it, can you please point it out? I may have missed them saying as much...

I do remember Lee debunking DC23 and his utter nonsense that these animated figures were going to be better than Ursula and the greatest things ever, until he was caught and called out then backtracked on EVERYTHING he said... Sadly he pulled people into his nonsense and had them believing him, only to be proven (now officially) to be a fraud...

Last edited:

Captain Chaos

I joined this forum because I love Disney but sometimes this forum seems like a popularity contest. Your not cool unless your bashing Disney or a "Well-known member." Sorry it's just kind of awesome to see them reveal details little by little and then once I read a post it's an instant buzzkill. I don't think everything about Disney is awesome, even thought it seems to be the general consensus if you say something positive. I can't stand Hollywood studios but Im sure not gonna go post and critique it every chance I get.
Not all of us bash everything, and not all of us bash everything for the sake of just bashing... Many of us give praise when praise is warranted... Look at the positive comments about the new parade... Many of us here are praising the work they are doing to expand the Hub... Many of us have said WDI did a great job with the theme of NFL, but many of us feel they fell short with the substance... Are there some people being negative for the sake of being negative? Sure... just like there are people who are just being overly positive for the sake of being positive... There are people who just cannot give Disney any credit, and there are people who just cannot give Disney any negative comments... And then, there are some who just to way out of their way to defend all things Disney... I have said plenty of times, TDO can feed certain people dog food, and those DISNEY CAN DO NO WRONG people would brag how it was the best and most magical meal EVER!!!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I've seen you post that a couple of times already... Who said they were just going to recycle figures from Snow White? I don't ever recall @Lee or any other truth worthy insider mentioning that, even as just a rumor... If they said it, can you please point it out? I may have missed them saying as much...

I do remember Lee debunking DC23 and his utter nonsense that these animated figures were going to be better than Ursula and the greatest things ever, until he was caught and called out then backtracked on EVERYTHING he said... Sadly he pulled people into his nonsense and had them believing him, only to be proven (now officially) to be a fraud...
It was mentioned on page 1 of this thread:
Aren't they just bringing over the figures from Snow White's Scary Adventure?
I'm not going back through hundreds of pages in the construction thread, but it was mentioned there too. I never said Lee or anyone else said it.

I still stand by my statement that the figures are a pleasant surprise based on the low expectation set here.

SpectroMan93

I got a free minute and decided to replace the awful weird music in the Dwarf Animatronic video with "Heigh Ho" -- as you'll see, it worked especially well for Bashful (though he sings Grumpy's part, but I recall hearing the dwarfs voices are new recordings, so I'm sure that won't be the case in the ride), and generally suits the video better than whatever that random music was:

Really glad you did this. Definitely leaves a better impression of the AAs for me. As many have stated before, they may not be groundbreaking, but they look like they fit well for this kind of attraction. Of course, opinions will change once they're seen in the context of the ride as a whole. Still, I can't help but feel if NFL had a headlining E ticket attraction, LM and the Mine Train would have been received better.

LithiumBill

You are spot on.

raymusiccity

In my head is this frightening image of what the dwarfs will look like if the face-projections fail. Imagine Dopey without a face!!! Talk about nightmare fuel...

I can't imagine that there isn't a plan B. If the projection fails, the figure could just be programmed to turn away and just keep mining and whistling. No big deal and certainly not nightmare material. :)

Jabbas

Not all of us bash everything, and not all of us bash everything for the sake of just bashing... Many of us give praise when praise is warranted... Look at the positive comments about the new parade... Many of us here are praising the work they are doing to expand the Hub... Many of us have said WDI did a great job with the theme of NFL, but many of us feel they fell short with the substance... Are there some people being negative for the sake of being negative? Sure... just like there are people who are just being overly positive for the sake of being positive... There are people who just cannot give Disney any credit, and there are people who just cannot give Disney any negative comments... And then, there are some who just to way out of their way to defend all things Disney... I have said plenty of times, TDO can feed certain people dog food, and those DISNEY CAN DO NO WRONG people would brag how it was the best and most magical meal EVER!!!

Can't please everyone now can ya. It is what it is. Guess people like me aren't welcome here.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

What do you know? Active Member. Pffffttt

spacemt354

Chili's
It was mentioned on page 1 of this thread:

I'm not going back through hundreds of pages in the construction thread, but it was mentioned there too. I never said Lee or anyone else said it.

I still stand by my statement that the figures are a pleasant surprise based on the low expectation set here.

The way it was being phrased by you in previous posts sounded like Snow White figures being brought over was considered "credible" info.

This thread had no purpose when first created since there are several others focusing on the mine train here. From how I read it, that post you quoted, I was hardly going to latch onto it and then believe Disney was recycling the figures. In fact, the post was written in a question format.

And besides, the general consensus regarding the attraction was not that they were bringing the figures over. That was an outlying opinion.

While I agree that the low expectations helped stimulate a positive response to the figures (I had even said that earlier), I don't think the low expectations stemmed from everyone believing that the figures would be recycled

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom