7DMT Animatronics

AEfx

My point was lost. You cannot complain about something before it breaks. If you do, why would you buy it.

I'm not a duster here, I don't like negativity before it's due. If my favorite sports team was being cheap, or trading players instead of paying them, I would stop going to games.

Your point wasn't lost, it simply made no sense in this context.

Lee

Adventurer
Any idea if they will be extending the projection technology to other older rides? Mice Chat has had that rumor for DLR for a while but I'm not sure if it's really credible at this point.
Very probable. The mine train was in some ways a test to see if it could be done well and on a reasonable budget.
I don't expect a sweeping change to this tech for existing rides, but some isolated applications are certainly on the table.

ght

Very probable. The mine train was in some ways a test to see if it could be done well and on a reasonable budget.
I don't expect a sweeping change to this tech for existing rides, but some isolated applications are certainly on the table.
Any sense if this sort of replacements are planned for the MK or just DL (if they are actually planned at all)? This seems like the kind of thing that would happen in California (who seem to be more willing to shut down rides for these kind of small upgrades) but not go anywhere in Orlando.

ght

The figures look pretty good.
A huge improvement from the original design.

Without the faces, though....average.
Wise decision to spend the extra money there.
Thanks for posting this Lee. I remember you mentioning the original designs which is the main reason I am impressed with the new ones. I think these are great for their purpose, not as awesome as some (especially one) tried to claim but not as blah as originally feared.

WDWLover#1

I don't think the faces are just projections. Look at grumpy in particular. As grumpys cheek bone goes up, does the layer its been projected on move with it? Because that's what it looks like to me.

SpectroMan93

I don't think the faces are just projections. Look at grumpy in particular. As grumpys cheek bone goes up, does the layer its been projected on move with it? Because that's what it looks like to me.
I think that's just how good the quality of the projections are. I particularly love that they project shadows across Grumpy's face as he moves. As much as the projected faces feel like a cop-out, it seems like work has been put in to give them more realism

d.N.d.

First two posts? Charming.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here. Welcome.
I don't know if that was a formal welcome but thank you. Been here for years posting for only two days.

Personaly I like the AAs they look cool for the 18 seconds you saw them. Never counted on them to make or break the ride just to enhance it. Can't wait to ride

Figment2005

Yeah, back in the glory days they would have. Don't forget, Disney is just as screen crazy as Uni seems to be. Anyone been on SSE recently? The second half of the ride is you staring at a screen, also let's not forget about all the interactive queues, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, etc.
Did you really compare the 5% of spaceship earth that isn't fully animatronic centered to the almost entirely screen based attractions at Universal?

Cousin Huet

The AAs look great! I'll be in California at DL and DCA when this opens but I look forward to going.....unfortunately it looks as though that will not be until after a lengthy fall deployment........so 2015 will be the next chance most likely. Glad to see these turned out to be much more than what was implied by some here as these look pretty impressive to me. Now please, lets go get some dirt moved over in the Animal Kingdom and keep all this moving......It would be nice if the improvement of MK could move into the other lands next or finally upgrade the facades and insides of the remaining Fantasyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom