7am on Monday

rufio

Original Poster
How crazy do you think it's going to be, trying to get BoG reservations? Has anyone here been around for something like this? Classes start on Monday at 9! :confused:

*Edited for clarity because I tend to assume everyone knows what I'm talking about. ;)

tink65

I thought I read on the disney blog that they reservations for BOG do not open til 12 noon? Did I look at that wrong?

tink65

HA HA! You are probably right. Well if I am on the phone at exactly 7 am I can at least stay on the phone trying til 8:15. Gotta hang up then and get to work so I can pay for my trip! LOL

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
HA HA! You are probably right. Well if I am on the phone at exactly 7 am I can at least stay on the phone trying til 8:15. Gotta hang up then and get to work so I can pay for my trip! LOL

Man, I really hope it doesn't take 1:15 to get it done! It'll be crazy, but I have a feeling that after about 30 minutes that first week will be totally booked. If CRT tends to book up a full day of meals in about 10 minutes, I have a feeling BoG can fill a week in half an hour. We're trying for anything from the 21st to the 24th.

HouCuseChickie

It's going to be total insanity. That being said- I'll be joining the insanity.:D Never seen anything like it, but if you troll the web and see the hype on other boards...this is BIG. Even several of my non-Disney fan friends know about this. DISBOARDS has an actual thread devoted to people waiting to make ADRs. I've been kind of obsessed, so I'll admit to posting on there as well. :oops:

I'm expecting it to take several tries just to get through, and then I anticipate waiting at least 45 min on hold. Back when it was noon- I booked extra vacay time to accomodate hold time. With the change to 7am- I got my supervisor to change me to late in on Monday so I can try and book this in peace. Considering I'm on central time - I shouldn't need as much time as I've set aside, but I'd rather play it safe. My biggest perceived obstacle is going to be my girls. This trip is a surprise and they are going to wonder why mommy is glued to her phone so early. DH is going to try and do damage control and do everything to get them ready for school. I still need to come up with a lie about what I'm doing.

I am at least optimistic about getting a spot. I hate having to call to make an ADR, but when you consider the number of people wanting to get into BoG combined with the number of days being opened up all at once for BoG to be booked- well...it's a lot of people wanting a lot of days. Definitely enough to cripple the online system. So, enough people to really jam up the phone systems but enough spots and days for people to book that I'm thinking most people SHOULD get what they want if they keep trying to get through and are willing to hold a long time. I mean- the dining rooms seat a combined 552 (or something like that) people at once. If they follow dinner hours like Crystal Palace and turn tables as quickly as other non-signature meals...I figure that around 3,800 people could have dinner there on an night where MK is open until at least 10.

Not sure if you're on eastern time, but with the phones opening at 7 and your classes starting at 9...I'm thinking (and this is just pure speculation) that you should be OK. It may be close and you may have to be finishing this up enroute to class if things are super slow, but I'm thinking you should be done by 9.

Good luck! And Good Luck to everyone who is going to be trying to get through on Monday. :)

rufio

Original Poster
It's going to be total insanity. That being said- I'll be joining the insanity.:D Never seen anything like it, but if you troll the web and see the hype on other boards...this is BIG. Even several of my non-Disney fan friends know about this. DISBOARDS has an actual thread devoted to people waiting to make ADRs. I've been kind of obsessed, so I'll admit to posting on there as well. :oops:

I'm expecting it to take several tries just to get through, and then I anticipate waiting at least 45 min on hold. Back when it was noon- I booked extra vacay time to accomodate hold time. With the change to 7am- I got my supervisor to change me to late in on Monday so I can try and book this in peace. Considering I'm on central time - I shouldn't need as much time as I've set aside, but I'd rather play it safe. My biggest perceived obstacle is going to be my girls. This trip is a surprise and they are going to wonder why mommy is glued to her phone so early. DH is going to try and do damage control and do everything to get them ready for school. I still need to come up with a lie about what I'm doing.

I am at least optimistic about getting a spot. I hate having to call to make an ADR, but when you consider the number of people wanting to get into BoG combined with the number of days being opened up all at once for BoG to be booked- well...it's a lot of people wanting a lot of days. Definitely enough to cripple the online system. So, enough people to really jam up the phone systems but enough spots and days for people to book that I'm thinking most people SHOULD get what they want if they keep trying to get through and are willing to hold a long time. I mean- the dining rooms seat a combined 552 (or something like that) people at once. If they follow dinner hours like Crystal Palace and turn tables as quickly as other non-signature meals...I figure that around 3,800 people could have dinner there on an night where MK is open until at least 10.

Not sure if you're on eastern time, but with the phones opening at 7 and your classes starting at 9...I'm thinking (and this is just pure speculation) that you should be OK. It may be close and you may have to be finishing this up enroute to class if things are super slow, but I'm thinking you should be done by 9.

Good luck! And Good Luck to everyone who is going to be trying to get through on Monday. :)

Wow, you've really thought this through! Hopefully I'll get it all taken care of before I have to leave for day one of Fall semester... But I'm not looking for a reservation until December 15th, so maybe it'll work out. I anticipate a gazillion posts from people who got in! :D

Pooh Lover

Wow, you've really thought this through! Hopefully I'll get it all taken care of before I have to leave for day one of Fall semester... But I'm not looking for a reservation until December 15th, so maybe it'll work out. I anticipate a gazillion posts from people who got in! :D

Good luck Vitani! Your chances are as good as anyone elses and remember, people will be trying to get thru for all their other reservations as well. Are you trying for one specific day or are you flexible at all? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

rufio

Original Poster
Good luck Vitani! Your chances are as good as anyone elses and remember, people will be trying to get thru for all their other reservations as well. Are you trying for one specific day or are you flexible at all? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I'm hoping for December 15th since that's the day we check in and we're staying at BLT, but I have a couple of other days I can work with as well. Best of luck to you as well! :)

HouCuseChickie

I suppose it's the best part of leaving WDW on the 19th:(

I won't need to be on the phone Monday morning. :D

OK......I'm lying !!:( :(:(

It may be crazy optimism, but I can't help but think there won't be some soft openings ahead of the preview. I'm trying for Nov 19th for BoG, but we'll also be in MK on the 18 and I must admit I'm hoping for a sneak peak before things go nuts the following day.

koryadams

I'm hoping for December 15th since that's the day we check in and we're staying at BLT, but I have a couple of other days I can work with as well. Best of luck to you as well! :)
Oh my goodness!!!!!!! No way! I am checking in on December 15th in my home resort BLT!! And I am trying to get reservations for Monday of our trip, but can also pick sunday, wednesday, or thursday. I just hope I get something!!!!

Lisalyn

Ha ha I'm sitting here in full battle gear :p It is 6:37 a.m. EST...in about 13 minutes I'm starting to dial. Silly I know but hey, I plan on eating there 11/26 so I gotta do what I gotta do! LOL Best of luck to everyone trying to secure a dining reservation at BoG - I'll let you know what happens when I get home from work. Let the games begin!!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom