Tuesday, August 10th-Tuesday, August 17th

WHERE: Saratoga Springs 2 Bedroom Villa
IMG_1909.JPEG

WHO: Myself, E, JSR & J
IMG_2405.JPG

WHEN:
Thursday, September 23rd-Saturday, September 25th

WHERE: Saratoga Springs 1 Bedroom Villa
I figured a pic isn't necessary since there's the one above!!

WHO: E & myself(no J--gasp!!)
IMG_9415.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, October 7th-Saturday, October 9th

WHERE: Walt Disney World Swan
IMG_2906.PNG

WHO: Me, myself & I
IMG_2931.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, October 28th-Tuesday, November 2nd

WHERE: Saratoga Springs 2 Bedroom Villa
Again, no pic needed

WHO: My niece M, J, my sister B(M's mom), E & myself
IMG_9753.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, November 11th-Saturday, November 13th

WHERE: Animal Kingdom Lodge
IMG_3475.JPEG

WHO:
I was traveling solo again
IMG_3507.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, December 2nd-Saturday, December 4th

WHERE: Home❤️
IMG_3618.JPEG

WHO: 3rd go around alone!!
IMG_3654.JPEG

So, I had lots of mixed feelings as if I even wanted to do TR's on these trips. Other than the 2 longer ones the other 4 were really just to visit with a dear friend who had just moved there(I mentioned that in my last TR). She moved from Pittsburgh to about 1/2 hour from Disney. When visiting her I chose to stay at Disney b/c for the most part I was by myself so I felt safer. Also, in my down time when I wasn't visiting her I could go to the parks "for free", so to speak, since I have an AP. I looked at that as a "free" source of entertainment.

Since I really didn't plan on doing TR's for these I don't have great notes. Most of what is going to trigger my memories will be my pictures!!

As always, a huge welcome to all who will be following along!!😘

cgersic

Not even kidding, I shed some tears with you on the Riverside photos. Knowing how much that resort and your friend mean to you, I agree the right decision was made of where to stay. So touching to read about your friend and you taking the time to show her and her family how much you care. Very special young lady you are!

200.gif

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
So it does look like glasses but I think it’s some sort of tie down latch/ loops permanently attached to the wing. I work with aircraft but not with commercial aircraft so I had to Google - it appears they use the anchors in case of a water landing? For ropes to steady passengers walking on the wing to the raft.
That makes much more sense than what I was thinking!!
So glad you got one last trip in with your friend and her family during that difficult week. Port Orlean Riverside is definitely a beautiful resort and I'm glad you made it your home for this trip. Baseline is a must do for you and it's always fun to soak in the Christmas decorations at DHS! I've never eaten at Spice Road Table but it's been getting some good reviews lately and you can't beat that view!
Thank you! I was glad to be able to go. I was really happy to stay there again. Spice Road Table is very good!! I would highly recommend it!!
Happy birthday wishes to J. Is he 7 or 8 years old now. He’s growing up so fast. I could see him be very responsible looking after a cat but obviously it’s up to his parents about having one. So pleased you got to spend so much precious time with your friend.
Thanks--he's 7!! Yeah--the cat isn't happening. I'm very grateful that I was able to spend the time with her!!
I am so sorry for both of your losses Patti. Not only are you an awesome aunt but a wonderful friend to take so much of what little free time you get to have flown to see your friend during her hospice care; it must have meant so much to her and her family.

Poor J - I wish I could convince his parents to let him have a cat!
You're too kind--thank you!! It meant a lot for me to be there also!!

I know--he really wants one!!
So glad you could stay at POR

and glad you could spend more time with your friend and her family

Max
Thanks for both!! Staying at POR made me feel better about a bad situation for sure.
So sorry Patti.
Thank you!!
Not even kidding, I shed some tears with you on the Riverside photos. Knowing how much that resort and your friend mean to you, I agree the right decision was made of where to stay. So touching to read about your friend and you taking the time to show her and her family how much you care. Very special young lady you are!
Aww--that's so sweet!! I'm happy I made that decision for sure!! You're too kind--esp. b/c I don't feel young!! 🤣 Getting old stinks!!
I'm sorry about the loss of your aunt, too! You've just had a really rough couple of years!! It's good that you have Disney to keep you smiling, and I'm glad that your "home" is open again.
Thank you!! I'm so happy it is open again also. It had been way too long!!
My condolences on your aunt and Disney friend. It really says a lot about you how much you cared for both.

We stayed at PORS once and your report it really making me miss it!
Thank you very much.

It is a great resort. Once I got there I realized how much I really missed staying there!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 3RD

Upon getting back to POR I decided to watch some of Bob's show!!
IMG_3678.JPEG

IMG_3679.JPEG

Super fun as always!!
IMG_3680.JPEG

I knew I would never be able to eat all of these but I really enjoy their tater tots so I got an order of them.
IMG_3684.JPEG

The man in the left corner I assumed was a supervisor of some sort. He stood there for the longest time. It was kind of uncomfortable in my opinion. I felt like he should have been a little more discreet or something.
IMG_3685.JPEG

I checked out the Christmas decorations on the way back to my room.
IMG_3687.JPEG

IMG_3688.JPEG

And saw this on the ground!!
IMG_3689.JPEG

Pretty cool!!
IMG_3690.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 4TH

I took a walk early that morning before I had to get ready to go to the airport.
IMG_3692.JPEG

IMG_3693.JPEG

I admired more Christmas decorations while I waited for my ride. Unfortunately, it was time for me to leave. Had to get back so I could work the late shift that day!!
IMG_3694.JPEG

I had bought this for J while I was there.
IMG_3695.JPEG

This was one of a few new resort specific pieces of merchandise that POR had so I bought this for E.
IMG_3696.JPEG

I have quite a few more pics of my friend & I but it's taking me forever to get through my Icloud so I'll just share a few. This is from January 2020. We were on the same flight down to Disney.
IMG_5044.JPEG

She was a huge Stitch fan!!
IMG_5532.JPEG

IMG_5671.JPG

This was in July 2021 when she told me they were moving to Florida the next month. I remember we sat there for hours talking that evening.
IMG_1173.JPEG

She was thrilled to be moving there as was her husband!!
IMG_1176.JPG

As I've said earlier I am very grateful for the time I was able to spend with her. She ended up passing peacefully 5 days after my last visit with her. She was a beautiful person & my life is better b/c of having her in it. It is very sad though, she was only 44. Not fair at all.

Thank you all for following along on my mini trips!! I'm happy to say that I am mostly caught up on my TR's now. Only 1 more to go so hopefully I will be able to get started on that soon!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
So very sorry for the loss of your beautiful friend. I'm so happy you were able to spend this time with her and thank you for sharing the lovely pictures. Loved the reports and can't wait for your future ones.
Thank you & I'm so grateful that I was able to!!
I'm glad you enjoyed them!!
It is so incredibly sad so see someone that young pass away. :cry::cry: Thank you for sharing this journey with us Patti. <3
Yes, it is. Just not fair. Thank you for reading!!
So sorry for you losses. Hugs to you.❤️ Thanks for sharing your trips.
Thank you so much!! I appreciate that!! I did debate about doing them but I'm glad I did!!

mpaulam

In the Parks
No
Just got all caught up with your trips. Please accept my condolences on the loss of your friend and aunt. You are fortunate to have been able to take those mini trips to spend time with her. Thanks for sharing them!
We did get to have a beer at Baseline, but didn't try any food as we were headed to Sci Fi for dinner.
We've stayed at POR many times in the past and LOVE it too! Your pictures from AKL also make me want to get back there :)

Songbird76

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 4TH

I took a walk early that morning before I had to get ready to go to the airport.
View attachment 625380

View attachment 625381

I admired more Christmas decorations while I waited for my ride. Unfortunately, it was time for me to leave. Had to get back so I could work the late shift that day!!
View attachment 625382

View attachment 625383

This was one of a few new resort specific pieces of merchandise that POR had so I bought this for E.
View attachment 625384

I have quite a few more pics of my friend & I but it's taking me forever to get through my Icloud so I'll just share a few. This is from January 2020. We were on the same flight down to Disney.
View attachment 625385

View attachment 625386

View attachment 625387

This was in July 2021 when she told me they were moving to Florida the next month. I remember we sat there for hours talking that evening.
View attachment 625388

View attachment 625389

As I've said earlier I am very grateful for the time I was able to spend with her. She ended up passing peacefully 5 days after my last visit with her. She was a beautiful person & my life is better b/c of having her in it. It is very sad though, she was only 44. Not fair at all.

Thank you all for following along on my mini trips!! I'm happy to say that I am mostly caught up on my TR's now. Only 1 more to go so hopefully I will be able to get started on that soon!!
I'm so sorry for your loss. She looks like she was a very positive person. I think you mentioned she had a 16 year old daughter? How is she doing? And her husband? That has to be rough losing her at this time in their lives and at such a young age.

BrerWayne

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 4TH

View attachment 625380

View attachment 625381

View attachment 625382

View attachment 625383

View attachment 625384

View attachment 625385

View attachment 625386

View attachment 625387

View attachment 625388

View attachment 625389

Very sorry for your loss. You are a really good friend, you two were lucky to have each other.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just got all caught up with your trips. Please accept my condolences on the loss of your friend and aunt. You are fortunate to have been able to take those mini trips to spend time with her. Thanks for sharing them!
We did get to have a beer at Baseline, but didn't try any food as we were headed to Sci Fi for dinner.
We've stayed at POR many times in the past and LOVE it too! Your pictures from AKL also make me want to get back there :)
Thank you & yes, I am very fortunate to have been able to see her as much as I did!! Thanks for reading!!
At least you got a beer!! Try the food sometime if you have the chance. It is really good!!
POR is my absolute favorite!! I do enjoy AKL a lot though(everything but the price 🤣)!! Hope you get back there soon!!
Great TRs as always Patti
My condolences for your loss

Looking forward to the next one!!

Max
Thank you Max!! I always appreciate having you along for the ride--esp. with your witty wisdom!!:D
Just caught up on this trip. Thanks for sharing.
So sorry for your loss.
Thank you for reading & your kind words!!
I'm so sorry for your loss. She looks like she was a very positive person. I think you mentioned she had a 16 year old daughter? How is she doing? And her husband? That has to be rough losing her at this time in their lives and at such a young age.
Extremely positive & strong--even through the toughest of times. Her daughter & husband are doing good. I just texted her daughter the other day b/c E, J & I booked a trip to Disney early April so I was hoping to be able to meet up with them if they were going to be there.🤞
Very sorry for your loss. You are a really good friend, you two were lucky to have each other.
Thank you. I was definitely blessed to have her in my life. I feel very lucky that our lives crossed paths years ago & how well we connected.
You have got to be the best friend to someone, ever.
You are too sweet!!
So very sorry for the loss of your good friend and your aunt. You were a good friend to visit her so often.
Thank you. I'm grateful that I was able to.
I am so very sorry for both of your losses.
Thank you very much!!

Disnic75

I love your reports. We have a lot in common. Riverside (aka Dixie Landings) is my favorite resort and I too am a grocery store manager so I know all about the dry wrinkly hands LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom