Tuesday, August 10th-Tuesday, August 17th

WHERE: Saratoga Springs 2 Bedroom Villa
IMG_1909.JPEG

WHO: Myself, E, JSR & J
IMG_2405.JPG

WHEN:
Thursday, September 23rd-Saturday, September 25th

WHERE: Saratoga Springs 1 Bedroom Villa
I figured a pic isn't necessary since there's the one above!!

WHO: E & myself(no J--gasp!!)
IMG_9415.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, October 7th-Saturday, October 9th

WHERE: Walt Disney World Swan
IMG_2906.PNG

WHO: Me, myself & I
IMG_2931.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, October 28th-Tuesday, November 2nd

WHERE: Saratoga Springs 2 Bedroom Villa
Again, no pic needed

WHO: My niece M, J, my sister B(M's mom), E & myself
IMG_9753.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, November 11th-Saturday, November 13th

WHERE: Animal Kingdom Lodge
IMG_3475.JPEG

WHO:
I was traveling solo again
IMG_3507.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, December 2nd-Saturday, December 4th

WHERE: Home❤️
IMG_3618.JPEG

WHO: 3rd go around alone!!
IMG_3654.JPEG

So, I had lots of mixed feelings as if I even wanted to do TR's on these trips. Other than the 2 longer ones the other 4 were really just to visit with a dear friend who had just moved there(I mentioned that in my last TR). She moved from Pittsburgh to about 1/2 hour from Disney. When visiting her I chose to stay at Disney b/c for the most part I was by myself so I felt safer. Also, in my down time when I wasn't visiting her I could go to the parks "for free", so to speak, since I have an AP. I looked at that as a "free" source of entertainment.

Since I really didn't plan on doing TR's for these I don't have great notes. Most of what is going to trigger my memories will be my pictures!!

As always, a huge welcome to all who will be following along!!😘

riverside

Original Poster
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST

I spent the morning visiting with my friend. Afterwards I met up with everyone at MK!!
IMG_3361.JPEG

IMG_3362.JPEG

Just like that Halloween was gone & Christmas had arrived!!
IMG_3365.JPEG

IMG_3366.JPEG

IMG_3368.JPEG

IMG_3369.JPEG

IMG_3370.JPEG

Everyone had already ate lunch & I was starving so I decided to get the Cheeseburger Spring Rolls. I was very disappointed in them. They were super greasy!!
IMG_3371.JPEG

Wait times were pretty long for everything so when we walked by Laugh Floor without much wait J said that he had never seen it & wanted to. Makes sense that he hasn't--it's closed more often than not!!
IMG_3372.JPEG

We all enjoyed the show!!
IMG_3373.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST

We had a dinner reservation for 'Ohana that we were super excited about. It had been so long since we ate there!!

The salad was pretty good!!
IMG_3385.JPEG

Noodles & potstickers!! Yay!!
IMG_3386.JPEG

I was not a fan of the chicken. They were thighs which I don't care for at all. We all felt it was too much chicken anyways with having the wings also.
IMG_3387.JPEG

The steak was good.
IMG_3388.JPEG

As was the shrimp.
IMG_3389.JPEG

Probably the best part of the meal!!
IMG_3390.JPEG

It wasn't a bad meal by any means but it definitely isn't that same as it was!! I felt there was too much waste with bringing the meats out in skillets. Before you could just pass on something you didn't want. Now it's just given to you. I will go back but won't be in a hurry to do so!!
IMG_3391.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND

It was departure day so we packed up & called for bell services to pick us up. We again got to see @Darstarr's friend, Mark!!
IMG_3415.JPEG

We headed to AK for a bit!!
IMG_3417.JPEG

We went to the safari first.
IMG_3418.JPEG

IMG_3419.JPEG

IMG_3421.JPEG

Then I took the kids on Evererst.
IMG_3428.JPEG

The woman who rode with M was super nice!!
IMG_3444.JPG

I was trying to figure out where the rest of us are & it finally hit me--we weren't there!! B & M left earlier than we did b/c they wanted to hit FOP first thing. They must have went on Dinosaur after!!
IMG_3443.JPG

IMG_3429.JPEG

Time to go!!
IMG_3430.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND

We had lunch at Chip 'N Dales Cafe. That place is really good & reasonably priced. Unfortunately, I didn't take pics of anything we ate though!!
IMG_3433.JPEG

This would be our final trip on the TE!!
IMG_3435.JPEG

And our flight was delayed a bit.
IMG_3440.PNG

It was uneventful though! Unlike this!! I know it is a police bike but why would you leave it in the middle of the road?
IMG_3442.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH

This trip, like 3 others in this multi TR, was booked very last minute. If I recall correctly this one may have been booked the week of. I was scheduled early Thursday, off Friday & late Saturday so I was able to visit with my friend on Friday. The availability of rooms was very tough & not cheap in the least. The cheapest room I could find was at AKL!! :jawdrop:
IMG_3458.PNG

That's just what you want to see after you've spent a small fortune on a room there!!
IMG_3459.JPEG

I sent this pic to E. She loved sitting around that fire when we stayed there a few years before!!
IMG_3461.JPEG

Some room pics!!
IMG_3462.JPEG

IMG_3463.JPEG

IMG_3464.JPEG

IMG_3465.JPEG

IMG_3466.JPEG

I headed out to get something to eat as it was late & I wasn't sure how much longer things would be open.
IMG_3467.JPEG

I stopped for a beverage at the pool bar before I headed inside.
IMG_3470.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 12TH

AK was opening at 8 that day so that meant resort guests could get in at 7:30. I was going to visit with my friend early afternoon so I decided to get up early & spend a few hours at AK!!
IMG_3477.JPEG

IMG_3478.JPEG

In the park at 7:26--not too bad!!
IMG_3479.PNG

It was Disney+ Day so they were giving away hats & pins at the entrance.
IMG_3481.JPEG

IMG_3482.JPEG

I spent a lot of time that morning looking at AK's unique Christmas decorations!!
IMG_3483.JPEG

IMG_3485.JPEG

Dinoland was pretty much a ghost town.
IMG_3486.JPEG

One of my favs!!
IMG_3487.JPEG

IMG_3488.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 12TH

R saw this picture & said he felt bad for me b/c I looked lonely by myself. Trust me, I didn't feel that way in the least!!
IMG_3536.JPG

Being by myself really gave me the chance to look at things I normally wouldn't.
IMG_3490.JPEG

IMG_3491.JPEG

I headed over to Everest.
IMG_3492.JPEG

IMG_3493.JPEG

IMG_3495.JPEG

IMG_3549.JPG

It was still early & quite empty.
IMG_3496.JPEG

The decorations were really awesome!!
IMG_3497.JPEG

IMG_3499.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 12TH

I was going to go on the safari but I was having such a good time looking at the decorations that I decided to skip it!!
IMG_3501.JPEG

Can't go to AK without getting a Safari Amber!!
IMG_3502.JPEG

I sat down & just took in everything around me.
IMG_3503.JPEG

IMG_3504.JPEG

Africa is my favorite section in AK!!
IMG_3505.JPEG

IMG_3507.JPEG

I had done everything that I wanted to do so I was content with leaving. I think it was only around 9:00!!
IMG_3508.JPEG

I was a bit hungry & since it was early I didn't think I would have an issue getting seated here--which I didn't!!
IMG_3509.JPEG

IMG_3510.JPEG

Breakfast was great!!
IMG_3513.JPEG

lindawdw

I finally got caught up with all your trip reports so far! It looks like you had such a fun time on your family trip, and it was so adorable that J won the Halloween contest! Did Disney offer all that candy and games for free to the kids or did you have to pay for it? I can't imagine how much the AKL room was last minute, but it is truly a beautiful resort to spend a few days at especially if you're not in the parks 24/7. It's so enjoyable soaking in the atmosphere in the parks at the holidays which is something we normally don't take the time to do when rushing from attraction to attraction.

BuckyMom

One moment of seriousness, but I was thinking how sad it would be if you were someone who doesn't get to Disney very often or even if this might be your once in a lifetime trip, to be faced with this. :(
I completely agree. I do understand why some get angry. We've changed our trips to more soaking it in and togetherness, but for those that had a big build up, it must be so disappointing.

riverside

Original Poster
Is that Chapek feeding the birds…?!?!?! :cyclops: :D
It does look like it could be him!!
And, is the Yeti fixed now…?!?!?! :hilarious:
Too funny!! 🤣
I finally got caught up with all your trip reports so far! It looks like you had such a fun time on your family trip, and it was so adorable that J won the Halloween contest! Did Disney offer all that candy and games for free to the kids or did you have to pay for it? I can't imagine how much the AKL room was last minute, but it is truly a beautiful resort to spend a few days at especially if you're not in the parks 24/7. It's so enjoyable soaking in the atmosphere in the parks at the holidays which is something we normally don't take the time to do when rushing from attraction to attraction.
He was so excited! I was so happy for him!!
Everything was free!!
It is a beautiful resort. I love spending time there!! I can't remember exactly but it was around 1,300-1,400 dollars for the 2 nights!! Way more that I wanted to spend but it was for a good reason.
I agree & AK really had so much to check out that I'm glad I went there!!
One moment of seriousness, but I was thinking how sad it would be if you were someone who doesn't get to Disney very often or even if this might be your once in a lifetime trip, to be faced with this. :(

I completely agree. I do understand why some get angry. We've changed our trips to more soaking it in and togetherness, but for those that had a big build up, it must be so disappointing.
I definitely agree with that. It would have to be a serious letdown. Not to mention an expensive one!!
1645534967708.png

Roll call !!!!

mickey mouse television GIF by Disney

🤣 🤣 🤣Now that is hysterical!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom