Tuesday, August 10th-Tuesday, August 17th

WHERE: Saratoga Springs 2 Bedroom Villa
IMG_1909.JPEG

WHO: Myself, E, JSR & J
IMG_2405.JPG

WHEN:
Thursday, September 23rd-Saturday, September 25th

WHERE: Saratoga Springs 1 Bedroom Villa
I figured a pic isn't necessary since there's the one above!!

WHO: E & myself(no J--gasp!!)
IMG_9415.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, October 7th-Saturday, October 9th

WHERE: Walt Disney World Swan
IMG_2906.PNG

WHO: Me, myself & I
IMG_2931.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, October 28th-Tuesday, November 2nd

WHERE: Saratoga Springs 2 Bedroom Villa
Again, no pic needed

WHO: My niece M, J, my sister B(M's mom), E & myself
IMG_9753.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, November 11th-Saturday, November 13th

WHERE: Animal Kingdom Lodge
IMG_3475.JPEG

WHO:
I was traveling solo again
IMG_3507.JPEG

WHEN:
Thursday, December 2nd-Saturday, December 4th

WHERE: Home❤️
IMG_3618.JPEG

WHO: 3rd go around alone!!
IMG_3654.JPEG

So, I had lots of mixed feelings as if I even wanted to do TR's on these trips. Other than the 2 longer ones the other 4 were really just to visit with a dear friend who had just moved there(I mentioned that in my last TR). She moved from Pittsburgh to about 1/2 hour from Disney. When visiting her I chose to stay at Disney b/c for the most part I was by myself so I felt safer. Also, in my down time when I wasn't visiting her I could go to the parks "for free", so to speak, since I have an AP. I looked at that as a "free" source of entertainment.

Since I really didn't plan on doing TR's for these I don't have great notes. Most of what is going to trigger my memories will be my pictures!!

As always, a huge welcome to all who will be following along!!😘

riverside

Original Poster
I wonder if you were on the 4th floor because that’s where the two bedroom Villa was.

Note the room numbers for each floor. Floor 4 has fewer.

1643841412537.png
When I first saw your comment I thought for sure you were right. For the heck of it I looked to my pictures of when we stayed at a 2BR the next month. We were in The Carousel section again. We were in room 7527 which was on the 1st floor.🤷‍♀️
Yes, she is!!
I headed out on my morning walk & encountered no signs of life in our neck of the woods.
IMG_1964.JPEG

No signs at all?
Really?

(i see trees and bushes everywhere!)

Max
🤣🤣🤣
I knew I could count on you!!

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 11TH

It was time for lunch. Everyone wanted Peco's Bill. I was excited the Columbia Harbour House was finally open & wanted to get something there. I originally planned to get my food & meet everyone at Peco's Bill but then I decided just to eat it there. It was a whole heck of a lot easier that way.
IMG_2003.JPEG

How I missed the lobster roll sandwich!! It was just as good as I remembered!!
IMG_2005.JPEG

As I was going to meet the rest of the crew I noticed THIS😲 Who would let their kid do that? Then, after standing there for about 30 seconds, I realized that there was no parent around this kid. All the other guests just kept walking by like it was normal to see a kid, by himself, laying on the ground. Gotta admit, I continued on my way also. I've always heard that Disney is the safest place to lose a kid so I figured he would be just fine!!🤣
IMG_2007.JPEG

We went to Memento Mori. Way too much going on with these pants.
IMG_2009.JPEG

I thought the next 2 items were adorable!! Too bad I have a german shepherd. No way could she eat out of something that small!!
IMG_2015.JPEG

IMG_2016.JPEG

I thought this picture turned out pretty neat!!
IMG_2019.JPEG

IMG_2020.JPG

A trip on the Peoplemover was next.
IMG_2022.JPEG

Maybe that's the dad of the kid who was laying on the ground in Liberty Square??🤔
IMG_2027.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 11TH

We hit up another favorite next!!
IMG_2032.JPEG

And then it was time for this.....
IMG_2033.PNG

Saw these in one of the shops. I thought they were cute!!
IMG_2036.JPEG

We took a ride through Space.
IMG_2037.JPEG

Then headed out!!
IMG_2039.JPEG

IMG_2040.JPEG

We decided to take the boat over to the Grand Floridian.
IMG_2041.JPEG

These ducks were coming awfully close to us.
IMG_2043.JPEG

And I swear we weren't feeding them!!
IMG_2044.JPEG

Then a few more of their friends joined them!!
IMG_2045.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 11TH

The ducks kept coming closer & closer to us!!
IMG_2047.JPEG

It was like nothing I had ever seen!!
IMG_2048.JPEG

@DisneyGigi you would have been in your glory!!
IMG_2050.JPEG

Hello Poly!!
IMG_2051.JPEG

It looked like a wedding was going to be taking place soon!
IMG_2056.JPEG

We stopped at The Enchanted Rose for a drink.
IMG_2064.JPEG

Then strolled around Basin for a bit.
IMG_2065.JPEG

I ended up buying one of these body butters. It is a cherry watermelon scent & it smells really good!!
IMG_2067.JPEG

We hopped on the monorail to head to our next destination.
IMG_2069.JPEG

IMG_2070.JPEG

KellBelle

As I was going to meet the rest of the crew I noticed THIS😲 Who would let their kid do that? Then, after standing there for about 30 seconds, I realized that there was no parent around this kid. All the other guests just kept walking by like it was normal to see a kid, by himself, laying on the ground. Gotta admit, I continued on my way also. I've always heard that Disney is the safest place to lose a kid so I figured he would be just fine!!🤣
This reminds me of our last visit. We were on the bus back to the hotel and there was a family across from us with a little girl about 4 or 5. She was sucking her thumb.. 😲. All I could think about was all the places her hands had been lol. It was disgusting to watch. The parents made no effort to get her to stop. I was so glad when that bus ride was over.

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 11TH

This picture popped up while we were on our way.
IMG_2078.JPG

This is a bit out of order but I just noticed this one. I really enjoy that place!!
IMG_8985.JPEG

We arrived at The Contemporary & had some time to kill so we stopped at Outer Rim.
IMG_2075.JPEG

IMG_2076.JPEG

Then it was time for dinner!!
IMG_2084.JPEG

We hadn't ate at Chef Mickey's for dinner in quite some time. After they reopened we had breakfast there in April & were pleasantly surprised at how much better the food was. So we decided to give dinner a try & JSR had never ate there before so it was something new for him!!
IMG_2087.JPEG

Cocktail menu....
IMG_2088.JPEG

and we went with!!
IMG_2090.JPEG

The food was great!! Since reopening Chef Mickey's has definitely stepped up their game for both breakfast & dinner!!
IMG_2091.JPEG

IMG_2092.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
This reminds me of our last visit. We were on the bus back to the hotel and there was a family across from us with a little girl about 4 or 5. She was sucking her thumb.. 😲. All I could think about was all the places her hands had been lol. It was disgusting to watch. The parents made no effort to get her to stop. I was so glad when that bus ride was over.
I don't know about you but I'm one of those people that if something is making me totally disgusted my eyes tend to gravitate that way even more!!

That is so gross!!

riverside

Original Poster
THURSDAY, AUGUST 12TH

Of course, as my luck goes....
IMG_2111.PNG

But a bus came right away which was great b/c we had an important reservation to get to!!
IMG_2112.JPEG

In no time at all we were at HS!!
IMG_2113.JPEG

No, we weren't heading to Baseline, not just yet anyways!!
IMG_2114.JPEG

We had an appointment to make a droid!!
IMG_2115.JPEG

J had asked his mom a few weeks prior to the trip if he could make one. He never really asks for anything while we're there & he had quite a few gift cards so she thought it would be best to use them on something he really wanted.
IMG_2117.PNG

You can only have one person accompany you & J said he wanted me to go with him!!
IMG_2119.JPEG

I was a bit overwhelmed at first. There is a lot going on in there!!
IMG_2120.JPEG

But everything runs super smoothly!!
IMG_2123.JPEG

He had picked out the parts & now it was time to assemble it!!
IMG_2128.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
THURSDAY, AUGUST 12TH

The CM's were super helpful in explaining what to do.
IMG_2135.JPEG

Yikes!! A 6 year old with a drill!!
IMG_2140.JPEG

Almost done!!
IMG_2142.JPEG

Finished!!
IMG_2145.JPEG

This was an absolutely awesome experience!! It was a lot of fun & the CM's are really into it & super helpful!! It's not that bad pricewise if you don't get all the "extras"-which, we did!! I can only imagine that the light saber experience(that R & JC did the month before) is probably just as neat!!
IMG_2150.JPEG

J was happy!!
IMG_2152.JPEG

IMG_2154.JPEG

J wanted to go on Star Tours so we went there next.
IMG_2155.JPEG

IMG_2157.JPEG

IMG_2159.JPEG

KellBelle

I don't know about you but I'm one of those people that if something is making me totally disgusted my eyes tend to gravitate that way even more!!

That is so gross!!
Yes! I am totally that way. It was so gross. I felt like that kid was either sucking on other peoples germs or hand sanitizer. Nasty either way!

riverside

Original Poster
THURSDAY, AUGUST 12TH

J wanted a snack so we mobile ordered from PizzeRizzo.
IMG_2183.JPEG

IMG_2184.JPEG

We sat upstairs in the ballroom area.
IMG_2185.JPEG

Then we headed back to Baseline. Someone was thirsty!!
IMG_2189.JPEG

And our group somehow grew!! Actually, the couple in the picture was at Disney for a tool convention. They bought 1 day tickets for HS & said they basically spent $250.00 to get in to drink beer!! The wait times had really gotten high & they didn't feel like standing in line for anything. They had a good time hanging out with E & JSR though!! Fun times!!
IMG_2190.JPEG

We parted ways when it was time for our dinner reservation.
IMG_2193.PNG

I'm sure the location is of no surprise to you!!
IMG_2195.JPEG

J was nice enough to set the table.
IMG_2196.JPEG

I had my usual, of course!!
IMG_2197.JPEG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom