50th Anniversary Cinderella Castle Paint Project

J

joviacdan

I've never been to Disneyland so I wouldn't know.

I was referring to Cinderella Castle. When they painted in pink, it lost it's appeal very fast.

Blah - If it looks like that again, what a disappointment.

I don't get it. They have all these people around Disney World asking guests what they think of things, and how they're doing, etc. I don't mind talking to them at all. Why don't they ask some of these guests "What is something that you think could use some sprucing up?"

I can't imagine too many people would reply by saying the castle.

ToTBellHop

joviacdan said:
I've never been to Disneyland so I wouldn't know.

I was referring to Cinderella Castle. When they painted in pink, it lost it's appeal very fast.

Blah - If it looks like that again, what a disappointment.

I don't get it. They have all these people around Disney World asking guests what they think of things, and how they're doing, etc. I don't mind talking to them at all. Why don't they ask some of these guests "What is something that you think could use some sprucing up?"

I can't imagine too many people would reply by saying the castle.
When Disney does Celebrations, they have a host park and there is always a host park icon. Since the Magic Kingdom is the obvious host park (and appears to have gotten that status), it needs an icon. Be happy they aren't building some monstrosity over the Castle, nor are they turning the castle into something else. If anything, I think it will look better. There is not going to be pink on Cinderella Castle.

ToTBellHop

Disney's Golden Celebration is the largest celebration in Disney Theme Park history, and I think it will be the best celebration in decades, surpassing 100 Years of Magic, the Millennium Celebration, and the 25th Anniversary of the Walt Disney World Resort. The Golden Celebration will be bigger than anything we have ever seen before, with a fantastic synergy between the two domestic resorts, especially. I'm excited to experience this Celebration at both the Disneyland Resort and wdw :)

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah, those are nice....

But, I'm still hoping for the Pani projections of Tink "rebuilding" the castle.

paul436

The scaffolding isn't so bad. I remember going in October 2001 and we couldn't walk through the castle the entire week we were there. My youngest daughter (age 4 at the time) was very disappointed. That was her favorite thing to do when we took her on her first trip to WDW the year before. I'm don't know what type of work was going on that prevented us from walking through at that time.

attisb

paul436 said:
The scaffolding isn't so bad. I remember going in October 2001 and we couldn't walk through the castle the entire week we were there. My youngest daughter (age 4 at the time) was very disappointed. That was her favorite thing to do when we took her on her first trip to WDW the year before. I'm don't know what type of work was going on that prevented us from walking through at that time.
Well for safety they don't want anyone near. They don't want anyone hit with anything that could be close. If you have ever notice Disney tends to have ten feet distance from where work is going on to where you can get to.

AndyP

This Sounds like a good idea to me, something a little different, but tastefully done and still shouldn't ruin guest experiences.

ToTBellHop

it's more like a gold trim than anything...that logo isn't entirely accurate. Disneyland's castle won't look like that either, it's just what they decided looked best for an icon to tack onto every building getting refurbished now :)

flyersmv

Timekeeper said:
Seigfried and Roy made the castle "vanish" and then re-appear on TV about a decade ago. The illusion was performed at night and looked pretty neat because there was an "empty space" where the castle was supposed to be.

Good times.

Timekeeper

any1 have a clip of that i would love to see it

donsullivan

Premium Member
evilchild666 said:
so where is this castle block scrim on the scafolding? is it still going to happen or was that just a nasty rumor?

Here is a pic taken on 06/29 of some of that scaffolding visible on the east side of Cinderella Castle.

castle-staging.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom