50th Anniversary Cinderella Castle Paint Project

WDWScottieBoy

I don't know what all is going on, but I will take pictures when I go the end of July, beginning of August. I'm taking my girlfriend's sister's boyfriend (as well as the two forementioned) to WDW and this will be his first trip EVER to Florida and WDW obviously. I wanted to take him because I want him to discover the magic and find out what Disney is all about, since he knows I'm obsessed. I don't know whether he will ever be able to go back or not, I'm sure he will because I'm going to force him to come every year with me. haha I don't know how magical it will be though if the first thing he sees when we get there is Cinderella's castle all covered in scaffolding. That would really be a shame and I hope Disney does an excellent job of hiding it so that it isn't as noticeable. If anyone has pictures, please post them so we can see what exactly has been done and will be done in the future, thanks!

J

joviacdan

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Oh, I'm so bummed about that.

Alot of people seem psyched about a gold castle. Not me. Yuk.

All I can hope is that it's not anywhere near as ugly as the castle cake. I thought it was cool for the first 10 minutes, then was ready for the original castle to be back.

wannab@dis

WDWScottieBoy said:
I don't know what all is going on, but I will take pictures when I go the end of July, beginning of August. I'm taking my girlfriend's sister's boyfriend (as well as the two forementioned) to WDW and this will be his first trip EVER to Florida and WDW obviously. I wanted to take him because I want him to discover the magic and find out what Disney is all about, since he knows I'm obsessed. I don't know whether he will ever be able to go back or not, I'm sure he will because I'm going to force him to come every year with me. haha I don't know how magical it will be though if the first thing he sees when we get there is Cinderella's castle all covered in scaffolding. That would really be a shame and I hope Disney does an excellent job of hiding it so that it isn't as noticeable. If anyone has pictures, please post them so we can see what exactly has been done and will be done in the future, thanks!

I'm sure it will be disappointing this trip, but it's a great reason to go back when they are finished... Something like, "remember when they were working on the castle last year? Let's go back and see how it turned out!" :)

WDWScottieBoy

ISTCNavigator57 and wannab@dis, I'll make sure to make this trip the most magical and memorable vacation he's ever had (even though it is his first true vacation ever also and he just turned 17). We aren't going to MK until the second day, EPCOT being the first. And this will be an excellent reason to take him back during the celebration and after so that he can see the castle in three different stages! The joys of WDW....it can't be beat!

CTXRover

I don't know what or how much of the castle will get a "gold" treatment (from the sounds of it, its just really some "golden highlights" for the castle :lol:..nothing too major ), but I must sympathize with hard-core Disneyland fans as it only seems like more and more is DL getting the shaft for its OWN anniversary. Although WDW's castle will more or less just be a subtle reminder of the celebration for DL vs the gold treatment DL's castle is getting with crowns and jewels, etc., the decoration of their castle was downgraded just a little from its unique status with now the decoration of "our" castle too.

I think DL is getting some great things for its 50th and should be a blast for them and I know I'm getting a trip arranged to be there sometime during the celebration. Its a shame though that a lot of the $$$ that could have been geared to even more 50th specific stuff is going to basically fix up DL from top to bottom from the "neglect" of the previous head-honchos to make nearly every part of the park look brand new (which is a special 50th Birthday present on its own). But WDW does seem to be getting a lot just "in honor" of the celebration. They're advertising four new attractions for WDW and now also a gold treatment for our castle. All we would really need is a new parade and it would seem like WDW is getting more for DL's 50th than DL is.

Which raises the question, look at what WDW is getting just to "honor" another park's 50th (although it is the granddaddy of all theme parks;) ). Imagine what might be in store for WDW's own 50th celebration in, what 17 years now?

ToTBellHop

the top gets the most gold paint...

I actually think that much more than new rides, all of these renovations around Disneyland, and EVERYTHING is getting renovated, are the best tribute to Walt this park could possibly create. The new decorations, parades, fireworks, and attractions are just extra, and by all accounts, this park will look better on May 5, 2005 than it did on July 17, 1955. Just from the work that is already complete along Main Street, USA, this park will look absolutely stunning by next year, at the same level that Walt kept it...or better (no tar on the new walkways to melt on your shoes...the new walkways in Tomorrowland are just gorgeous). Disneyland will be the shimmering star it deserves to be for its 50th birthday, and I look forward to seeing it :)

tigger248

I'm actually very excited about the changes being made. It will kinda suck on my upcoming trips (one in July and one in November) but it should be beautiful for the next trip after those.

Also, I actually liked the birthday cake castle :lookaroun Well, I was just like 14 or something so that may have made a difference. I just thought it was cool how they changed it for the anniversary and I made my parents take me to see it.

Since I go at least once a year, I don't mind changes. I've seen the "real" castle like 10 million times (since I used to work in the Magic Kingdom) so changes are okay as long as they're not permanent. I still love the castle in its original form though.

J

joviacdan

I wonder if it'll be a sparkly gold at least. Maybe then it wouldn't be so bad.

Again, I just don't understand why they keep messing with the castle. It's like the expression, "if ain't broke, don't fix it".

The castle is so beautiful just the way it is.

If you wanna paint something, repaint Space Mountain's exterior.

ToTBellHop

MagicalMonorail said:
ISTCNavigator57, you always seem to know about these things. What's your source?
the only source I could show you that you can actually see with your own eyes (and therefore trust that I'm not just naming names) is www.mouseplanet.com, which talks about it in their newest wdw update.

By the way, if anyone wants something more explicit about what to expect, it should be similar to what Sleeping Beauty Castle will see,
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/sho...25cef6fd789951a4d8ef2aa&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

WDWScottieBoy

ISTCNavigator57, that picture of SBC in DL is AWESOME. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that WDW without the jewels. I want DL to have more of the celebration than WDW will have. Although the celebration is going on world-wide, leave the best to DL. Thanks for showing a picture of DL though, now if we can just see what's going on at WDW.

J

joviacdan

That pic looks ok, except for the pink.

PLEASE GOD, do not paint the castle pink again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom