50th Anniversary Cinderella Castle Paint Project

askmike1

mickey04 said:
Well its August 29th, and by now the castle is supposed to "look great" but I havent heard anything about this in weeks. Is it done? Did they in fact paint it gold, or are they just repainting it? What's going on? (Oh man I wish I was in Florida)

Although I have not seen it lately, it will not be painted Gold. According to the tour guide from Keys to the Kingdom, due to poor response from the 'Cake' Castle, the castle will recieve crowns, jewels, and other decorations. My guess is that the rest may be repainted it's original colors to look brand new.

-Michael
Long Live Eisner

askmike1

JoeyJoe said:
The castle looks exactly the same!!!!! Everything is down and the moat is full. I see no difference at all

Anything that will be added to the castle will be added to the top portion and not the bottom. Any work on the bottom was probably to fix anything and add a fresh coat of paint. Anyone else know?

-Michael
Long Live Eisner

WDWKat26

Maria said:
I thought it was going to have a special decoration, like when it looked like a cake.
I was going to suggest to paint it like the sky... would be fun to watch the amazed faces of people who couldn´t find it at the end of Main Street... :D

:lol: yeah right and make the tourists more confused? lol my trainer has had people come up to her and be like "Where's the castle?" and it'll be right behind them hehe

yoav_ko

I agree with 626

Not only I agree with the fact that ppl will see a cake instade of a castle for their only visit to MK, I'v been there while it was built and saw the castle "half and half" for me it was a magic pooper, because I come from Israel and thought it was my last or for certein a long time before I come again (lucky for me I manage to come every 2 years since but I didn't know then) so to see a half cake half castle was very bad for me

mickeysaver

DMC-12 said:
:lol: Yes... and change the name to "Spaceship BLING" Sponsored by Zales Jewlers. :lol: :lookaroun

:lol: :lol: :lol: OMG....literally ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perfect. I say lt's do it! :animwink: Maggie

phlydude

dixiegirl said:
does anyone have any new pics of it being repainted??
Yup -
(taken on my b-day 08/08/04)
castle080804.jpg

castle080804-2.jpg

HinunterZuNich

All I know is one way or another the castle looked GREAT when I was at WDW August 16-21st! There was no construction from what I could tell!

Whether it was the fact that they painted everything again or just from removing the trees, but it just felt so "old school" lol. It looked like it did in the opening day photos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom