50th Anniversary Cinderella Castle Paint Project

Vernonpush

Please post photos! All those who go to the park, please post some photos of during and after for those of us who will not be there for a while. Thank you. :wave:

ToTBellHop

StuntDoomBuggy said:
Don't Get Angry, Folks, Disneyland's Castle Is Going To Be In A Big Gift Box While They Transform It For The 50th! Imagine Seeing A Big Box At The End Of Main Street!

Anyway, Is There Anything Else They Will Do To The Castle? I Mean, Disneyland's Is Getting The Bling Treatment, lol!
No it isn't. That is a ridiculous rumor that was floating around the net. If you have seen Disney's Imagine...A Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks, you will see why it WON'T be in a gigantic christmas box--it would block the view of half of the fireworks, and most people would rather see a castle w/ scaffolding than no castle at all. It's one of the more absurd rumors I have heard. In a Resort that the net tends to stigmatize as stingy on their 50th Anniversary plans, why would they spend a lot of money to build a 90 foot tall box? There are better ways that Matt Ouimet will spend the money, like refurbishing the entire park.

soccer9miahamm

emmanuel_10583 said:
:mad: :fork: :mad: UUURRRRHHHH !!!!!!!! This is soooo annoying, i organize my trip (07/07/04-07/12/04) pay , pay alot to get pictures of the castle with scaffolding. Now instead of having like 10 AMAZING pictures of the castle i'm going to have a couple UGLY ones just because of this STUPID scaffolding. UUUUURRRRHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fork: :mad: :fork:
We had our family pictures taken when the EPCOT ball had a crane right next to it. They did a fairly good job of hiding it, but it's still visible.

ToTBellHop

soccer9miahamm said:
We had our family pictures taken when the EPCOT ball had a crane right next to it. They did a fairly good job of hiding it, but it's still visible.
well, every once in awhile, a foul gust of wind comes up and knocks the golf ball off of its tee so they need to bring in a 300 foot crane to put it back where it belongs...imagine if it fell off and rolled into World Showcase Lagoon...

Florida Project

ISTCNavigator57 said:
well, every once in awhile, a foul gust of wind comes up and knocks the golf ball off of its tee so they need to bring in a 300 foot crane to put it back where it belongs...imagine if it fell off and rolled into World Showcase Lagoon...

A one stroke penalty :lol:

ISTCNavigator57 said:
half way would be 100 feet. They are painting the entire castle, just some of it will be gold...

Half is under 100 feet...the castle is only about 180...if 100 were half it would make the castle the tallest structure in the parks...

J

joviacdan

All I can say is if they paint it again like that awful birthday cake idea, I'm climbing to the top of the castle and jumping.

I LOVE that castle. Why don't they just leave it alone the way it is? Repaint it. Refurbish it. Great. Don't change anything about it though. It's just perfect the way it is.

ToTBellHop

joviacdan said:
All I can say is if they paint it again like that awful birthday cake idea, I'm climbing to the top of the castle and jumping.

I LOVE that castle. Why don't they just leave it alone the way it is? Repaint it. Refurbish it. Great. Don't change anything about it though. It's just perfect the way it is.
because if they have a celebration and not enough changes, people call them cheap. So, adding flashy gold paint to the castle will make people go "oooh" and "aaaahhh".

J

joviacdan

I guess I'm very confused on what differences are gonna be made.

The bottom half of the castle is currently a light gray brick. Is that being changed?

The top half is light gray concrete looking (though I believe it's not actually concrete.) Is that being changed?

The spires (is that what they are called?) are all blue. Are those being changed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom