4 fireworks shows for the 4th of July

Kadee

masterv said:
Then either they can put on ear plugs, not watch the fireworks, or go back to their own country. I'm sorry but I'm getting fed up with all this politically correct nonsense. :mad:

The wife and I may decide to hit up Disney on July 4th but it all depends on our work schedule the next day. Then again I may go to St. Augustine because I've heard the fireworks there are pretty awesome too.

I agree, and that is exactly what politcal correctness is: NONSENSE! But the sad thing is, there are probably more people from the US that are offended than other countries. Maybe we should trade some of them for DisneyTati! She seems very nice! BTW: Disneytati, I love your new avatar. Is that your daughter? She is SOOOO CUTE!!!!

disneytati

Kadee said:
I agree, and that is exactly what politcal correctness is: NONSENSE! But the sad thing is, there are probably more people from the US that are offended than other countries. Maybe we should trade some of them for DisneyTati! She seems very nice! BTW: Disneytati, I love your new avatar. Is that your daughter? She is SOOOO CUTE!!!!

Thanks a lot, Kadee!!! I really think people should be proud of their countries, as I am proud of the US. I think you guys should sing the National Anthem at the top of your lungs, I would if I were there. I am proud of the American Flag, of its history and of its people. It's hard to understand, I am puzzled myself. I think I would make a great American citizen if I had the chance...

Yeah, that's my daughter. Her name is Maria Clara, and she'll be 3 years old in September. There are more pictures on my photopage, if you wanna see it... the link is in my signature!:wave:

askmike1

robhedin said:
The MK used to include the national anthem as part of their fireworks show (instrumental only -- no vocals) just before they started the perimeter shots. They started firing red perimeter shots on "...and the rockets red glare..." and just kept going from there. Very cool.

Not sure if they still choreograph it that way or not.

rob.
I believe that's how they did it last year. If I remember correctly, they started off the show with a few light-hearted patriotic songs (marches, this land is my land, etc). After a few minutes, they stopped and the announcer guy said something like "Please join us in the playing of the national anthem." They started the anthem with a few small fireworks (like in the begining of Wishes). Once they got to the middle, they started with the big ones & the perimeters. Then of course at the end they went all out.

-Michael

Kadee

disneytati said:
Thanks a lot, Kadee!!! I really think people should be proud of their countries, as I am proud of the US. I think you guys should sing the National Anthem at the top of your lungs, I would if I were there. I am proud of the American Flag, of its history and of its people. It's hard to understand, I am puzzled myself. I think I would make a great American citizen if I had the chance...

Yeah, that's my daughter. Her name is Maria Clara, and she'll be 3 years old in September. There are more pictures on my photopage, if you wanna see it... the link is in my signature!:wave:

You are very welcome! Great pics! Your daughter really is beautiful! I hope that one day, you will get to experience Independance Day in America.....as a citizen!:)

disneytati

Kadee said:
You are very welcome! Great pics! Your daughter really is beautiful! I hope that one day, you will get to experience Independance Day in America.....as a citizen!:)

That would be a dream come true!

napnet

Does anyone know how well you can see the fireworks outside the park? The wife and I are going to be traveling through and unfortunalty we have seasonal passes. Would love to atleast catch the fireworks before driving back home that night

dr_teeth90210

mousermerf said:
Pet Peeve: Folks not looking for the information.
'
That statement is ridiculous.
Why are you getting peeve'd?!? You should have included the times for the MK fireworks in your initial post.:brick:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
dr_teeth90210 said:
'
That statement is ridiculous.
Why are you getting peeve'd?!? You should have included the times for the MK fireworks in your initial post.:brick:

Why? Because I owe you anything?

The information is publicly available from basic resources. If people BOTHERED to look, they'd find it. I am not responsible for doing all the grunt work for people who cant be bothered to look for themself.

Particularly the rude ones.

dr_teeth90210

napnet said:
Does anyone know how well you can see the fireworks outside the park? The wife and I are going to be traveling through and unfortunalty we have seasonal passes. Would love to atleast catch the fireworks before driving back home that night

The best place to see the fireworks outside of the parks would be either the observation deck of the Contemporary or the California Grill. They pipe in the soundtrack for both locations.

You can also watch the fireworks from the beaches of the Polynesian but unfortunately you wouldn't be able to hear any of the music.

JEDI1138

mousermerf said:

The information is publicly available from basic resources. If people BOTHERED to look, they'd find it. I am not responsible for doing all the grunt work for people who cant be bothered to look for themself.

Now, Now, who was it that started this post anyway - giving out times and dates about unsolicited information. If you are going to get all bent, because you left out a detail and someone asked for it, then just don't start creating posts.

May the irritation begin.

dr_teeth90210

mousermerf said:

My problem is that were being disrespectful to Dan. If your going to post incomplete information then at least don't get mad at someone for asking for more details.

And you don't owe me anything but you do owe Dan an apology.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Oh heck no...

*lays down the kee-bash*

I started this thread to add information that WASN'T publicly available through the usual channels so that people could enjoy lesser known events and fireworks, particularly in the case of Downtown disney which isn't listed anywhere on the official website and MGM which changed its schedule.

For the record - the beach at the Polynesian does pipe in music in and around the volcano pool, thank you very much.

And I am NOT required to clarify anything, provide information that is readily available that I CHOSE to leave out because it is readily available, and I do not deserve to be chastised for telling someone, in a polite non-attacking manner, that it is something that annoys me and not a personal grudge (hence the definition of "pet peeve"). I even answered their question - and corrected your misinformation.

I'm the queen of nice! Dangit!!!

kevlightyear

One of my pet peeves: People who think they're better than other people.
:wave:

Who would get upset over the playing of the National Anthem?

dr_teeth90210

mousermerf said:
Oh heck no...

*lays down the kee-bash*

I started this thread to add information that WASN'T publicly available through the usual channels so that people could enjoy lesser known events and fireworks, particularly in the case of Downtown disney which isn't listed anywhere on the official website and MGM which changed its schedule.

For the record - the beach at the Polynesian does pipe in music in and around the volcano pool, thank you very much.

And I am NOT required to clarify anything, provide information that is readily available that I CHOSE to leave out because it is readily available, and I do not deserve to be chastised for telling someone, in a polite non-attacking manner, that it is something that annoys me and not a personal grudge (hence the definition of "pet peeve"). I even answered their question - and corrected your misinformation.

I'm the queen of nice! Dangit!!!

The closest speaker that pipes in the music for the fireworks is located quite a distance away from the beach and is not audible from the beach's best viewing locations. So if someone were to take your advice they would come away disappointed. Try viewing the fireworks from the pool sometime. The bright lights complete wash out the color of the fireworks.

And Queen of Nice???

Any relation to Rosie O'Donnel?

Cheryl

unkadug said:
Tape the fireworks or someone running around WDW trying to catch all four fireworks shows?

I'm not sure which would be more entertaining? :lol:

Ha! This might be more entertaining than some of the reality shows on TV! :lol:

blackerbys17

disneytati said:
That would be a dream come true!

Hey DisneyTati, keep working towards your dreams. If you do, I believe that one day your dream of being an American Citizen will come true!

I actually sponsor a little girl from Brazil through Christian Children's fund. Her name is Victoria Da Silva and she lives in Belo Horizonte. She is the cutest thing ever and nothing would make me happier than to bring her to the US to take her to Disney. She's so far away, I wish she were closer so I could spoil her rotten! I don't know much about Belo Horizonte, the area she lives in, do you? I worry so much about her ...

disneytati

blackerbys17 said:
Hey DisneyTati, keep working towards your dreams. If you do, I believe that one day your dream of being an American Citizen will come true!

Thanks a lot for the support! I will never stop dreaming of becoming American. Just gotta figure out how to go up there and take my daughter (her father has to sign a permit, and he doesn't wanna do that...), or wait till she grows up and can choose for herself. Meanwhile, I am trying to get connected to the US as much as possible.

blackerbys17 said:
I actually sponsor a little girl from Brazil through Christian Children's fund. Her name is Victoria Da Silva and she lives in Belo Horizonte. She is the cutest thing ever and nothing would make me happier than to bring her to the US to take her to Disney. She's so far away, I wish she were closer so I could spoil her rotten! I don't know much about Belo Horizonte, the area she lives in, do you? I worry so much about her ...

Belo Horizonte is a big city. I was there just once, and didn't like it very much. It's kinda dirty, and some places can be dangerous. Depending on the area she lives, it can be really poor. Do you know the exact area in Belo Horizonte where she lives? I don't know much about poor people in the US, but here most of them barely have a cardboard-and-stones-and-clay house, and very little food. It's like a person in the US, having to support his/her family with 200 dollars, or even less. Do you have any contact with her? Does she have a family? Would you like to take her to the US for good, or just to visit? I am saying that because many poor families actually give their children up for adoption, if they know they will have a better life, and if you can talk to them...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
disneytati said:
...Would you like to take her to the US for good, or just to visit? I am saying that because many poor families actually give their children up for adoption, if they know they will have a better life, and if you can talk to them...

:eek: Wow, that must be very hard for a parent to give up their child. Even it does mean a better life for them. The poverty must be very oppressing. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom