4 fireworks shows for the 4th of July

DisneyGal126

i know people really are not talking about this now, but if I went to Disneyland Paris I wouldn't get upset about them playing their national anthem during fireworks, I would actually really enjoy that being in another country so I don't understand why people would have a problem w/ our national anthem...

oh well, i guess you will just never please some people! :)

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
disneytati said:
That would be a dream come true!
Minor thread drift:

I have never met anyone so determined to be an American citizen. You are truly special. It makes me want to send you a plane right now and bring ya'll back up here to live with me. Lol. I am sure someone can film a fireworks show for you and post it here. My town does a really fantastic show every year but I haven't seen my video camera in atleast 3 years. It is in this house somewhere.

I wish I could be in WDW for the 4th. Is it true though that the parks close to non-resort guests pretty much every year because they fill to capacity? I have only been in the MK once when it was almost closed due to capacity. It was not pleasant at all. I cant imagine what it is like when it is truly full. :hurl:

disneytati

tiggerific418 said:
I have never met anyone so determined to be an American citizen. You are truly special. It makes me want to send you a plane right now and bring ya'll back up here to live with me. Lol. I am sure someone can film a fireworks show for you and post it here. My town does a really fantastic show every year but I haven't seen my video camera in atleast 3 years. It is in this house somewhere.

Thanks for the kind words. You guys here at wdwmagic have been giving me a lot of support. Many people here don't even wanna listen to this kind of talk anymore. You say I am special, and that comforts me. My husband says I am a freak. As I've said before, the problem is my daughter... her father doesn't wanna sign the permit, and I understand him, I wouldn't give her up either. So right, now I am caught up between my dream, and my baby.

Sorry everyone, it's just that I've been really "homesick" lately. It happens around July 4th... Thanks for listening to me. I love you all!:kiss:

disneytati

unkadug said:
:eek: Wow, that must be very hard for a parent to give up their child. Even it does mean a better life for them. The poverty must be very oppressing. :(

Well, in many cases it is. In others... not that much. My grandmother adopted a girl who was her neighbor when they lived in a poor neighborhood. As my grandfather had a job (most people in those places don't...), they were the "rich" people of the street. They had food at home, a clean environment, clothes... the family next door had 21 children. They had very little money, they didn't even have plates, gave food to their children in old cans... and the kids got old shoes and turned into dolls and other toys. So, my grandmother got attatched to this little girl, and when they finally gathered money to move out of that place, they asked the girl's parents to give her up. They didn't even think twice! Her father didn't even know her name, as they had so many children... Yeah, poverty must be very oppressing. Thank God we have never truly experienced it.

blackerbys17

disneytati said:
Do you have any contact with her? Does she have a family? Would you like to take her to the US for good, or just to visit? I am saying that because many poor families actually give their children up for adoption, if they know they will have a better life, and if you can talk to them...

Hey DisneyTati,

Yes, I do have some contact with her. Her mom is the one that does the writing because she just turned 3 on March 31st, she's just a baby. I get pictures and handprints and drawings, cute stuff like that. The first time she sent me her little handprints, I cried the whole day. All of a sudden, she was a real little girl to me, it broke my heart.

I would gladly bring her to the US for good. My husband and I have always talked about adopting. We have 2 sons and would really like a daughter but I have a lot of complications with pregnancy and it is just not safe for me to try again. So yes, adopting this little girl would be a dream for me. But how do I even approach the subject with her mother? I don't want to offend her and make her feel like she can't take care of her. If only I could find a way to ask her that would be appropriate I would. Any ideas?

masterv

themack618 said:
In case you're wondering, here is a link to the video of MGM's 4th of July show from last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeFi3SDi_n8

Wow! It seems like we have been very busy while I've been away. Thanks for the video themack618. I'm VERY suprised they played God Bless America. Especially since all these politically correct people wanting to remove the word "God" from everything. I mean we don't want to offend non-christians now do we? :rolleyes:

Disneytati, I hope you become a citizen someday too and can experience the 4th of July as a true American. Don't give up on the dream girl! Good things come to those who work hard and are patient.

I'm also sorry to hear about all the hunger that goes on in your country. I'd love to snatch up one of those kids too. The wife and I have been trying for years to have one of our own with not much luck. We've talked about adoption but it is just so expensive.

Lastly, here is my pet peeve. People who think they are so high and mighty and have to belittle people on forums. These same people who when you ask for advice, stick their nose up in the air as if you are some lower life form. Here is some advice: GET OVER YOURSELF!!! :wave:

MicheleK

I don't post too often, but I felt a bit compelled to say "WOW!!!" about the rudeness of some posters!!! I can't imagine how some people feel that they are better than everyone else. If I were to start a thread, I'd be very happy to answer any questions that come my way, wheater or not the answer could be "looked up". Maybe he didn't know the answer without looking it up himself, so he felt he needed to "lash out" :zipit: in order to feel better about his own incompetance (sp???).

disneytati

blackerbys17 said:
Hey DisneyTati,

Yes, I do have some contact with her. Her mom is the one that does the writing because she just turned 3 on March 31st, she's just a baby. I get pictures and handprints and drawings, cute stuff like that. The first time she sent me her little handprints, I cried the whole day. All of a sudden, she was a real little girl to me, it broke my heart.

I would gladly bring her to the US for good. My husband and I have always talked about adopting. We have 2 sons and would really like a daughter but I have a lot of complications with pregnancy and it is just not safe for me to try again. So yes, adopting this little girl would be a dream for me. But how do I even approach the subject with her mother? I don't want to offend her and make her feel like she can't take care of her. If only I could find a way to ask her that would be appropriate I would. Any ideas?

How does her mom communicate with you? I mean, in which language?? Well, it's good that you have contact with her, that would make things a bit easier... I don't know... you help her through a foundation, right? How about contacting them? Maybe they could talk to the girl's parents, they would know how to say it without hurting her feelings... Coming here to visit her could help too, maybe you can establish closer bonds with her. Maybe if you ask her for permission to take the girl up there to give her proper education, or care, instead of saying the word "adoption" would be a nice way to introduce the subject. This way she wouldn't feel like she's giving her daughter up, you know, just letting her go somewhere else to receive something she would never be able to give. Well, if you need any help, just ask, ok?

disneytati

masterv said:
Disneytati, I hope you become a citizen someday too and can experience the 4th of July as a true American. Don't give up on the dream girl! Good things come to those who work hard and are patient.

I'm also sorry to hear about all the hunger that goes on in your country. I'd love to snatch up one of those kids too. The wife and I have been trying for years to have one of our own with not much luck. We've talked about adoption but it is just so expensive.

Thanks! I've watched the videos posted here and wow!!! Love them....

Have you ever thought of adopting a foreign child? Maybe it's not that expensive to come to South America and adopt a kid. Maybe Mexico...

blackerbys17

disneytati said:
How does her mom communicate with you? I mean, in which language?? quote]

It's funny you should ask that. She's Brazilian like you so she writes me in Portuguese. However, the foundation always translates her letters into English for me. The funny thing is, I'm part hispanic. Since Spanish is SO similar to Portuguese, I understand just about everything she writes me.

Every now and then they actually have trips where you can go and visit your sponsor child. I'd love to meet her in person and who knows what may come of that! Even if she came with me, she would always have her mom. I couldn't and wouldn't want to take that from her. I would only want to love her and give her every opportunity to succeed in life.

phlydude

disneytati said:
Do you know if there's any website where I can watch a fireworks show on July 4th? Like... any live webcams? Well, in case I can't find something like that.... please... someone... tape a fireworks show on July 4th, specially with the National Anthem being sung, and then post it somewhere...
Some of the best fireworks I have ever seen have been the fireworks on the 4th of July on the Esplanade in Boston.
They have the Boston Pops Orchestra playing patriotic music while the fireworks are going off in sync to the music being played live.
Excellent show and it draws almost a million people out to watch it.

You might be able to find it on the web at Boston television news sites

disneytati

blackerbys17 said:
It's funny you should ask that. She's Brazilian like you so she writes me in Portuguese. However, the foundation always translates her letters into English for me. The funny thing is, I'm part hispanic. Since Spanish is SO similar to Portuguese, I understand just about everything she writes me.

Every now and then they actually have trips where you can go and visit your sponsor child. I'd love to meet her in person and who knows what may come of that! Even if she came with me, she would always have her mom. I couldn't and wouldn't want to take that from her. I would only want to love her and give her every opportunity to succeed in life.

Ahhh.. ok... so the foundation translates the letters. Cool! Well, my advice to you is: contact the foundation, and say that you want to meet the child you sponsor. After that, if you develop a nice relationship with her, maybe her mom would let you take her up there. Specially if you put things that way, making it clear that you don't want to take her from her mother, just give her better opportunities in life. Anyway, if you need any help, please tell me, ok?

disneytati

phlydude said:
Some of the best fireworks I have ever seen have been the fireworks on the 4th of July on the Esplanade in Boston.
They have the Boston Pops Orchestra playing patriotic music while the fireworks are going off in sync to the music being played live.
Excellent show and it draws almost a million people out to watch it.

You might be able to find it on the web at Boston television news sites

Oh, by the way... can you guys post here the names of the most popular patriotic songs? I don't know them, but I would like to download and learn them...

phlydude

Obviously, the "Star Spangled Banner" is the most important one (check out this web site all about the flag http://americanhistory.si.edu/ssb/)

"God Bless America"
"America The Beatiful"
"Proud to Be an American"
and anything written by John Phillip Souza (no words usually, just patriotic music)

disneytati

phlydude said:
Obviously, the "Star Spangled Banner" is the most important one (check out this web site all about the flag http://americanhistory.si.edu/ssb/)

"God Bless America"
"America The Beatiful"
"Proud to Be an American"
and anything written by John Phillip Souza (no words usually, just patriotic music)

Thanks! "The Star Spangled Banner" is the only one I already knew. It will be great to learn the other ones!:sohappy:

askmike1

Now that last year's MK & DMGM shows have been posted, does anyone know if there is a video of Epcot's show last year online? I saw it and was simply amazed from the moment the 4th of July segment started.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom