300,000,000 Dollar Rehab for EPCOT

Mag1575

Re:Epcot

I'd really love to see another country in World Showcase!
I had just returned from Disney World today, and I was shocked to see how empty Epcot was. I was saddened to see that Maelstrom is closed, but will reopen in Mid-October. They don't need to change any of the attractions at Epcot. I think it is perfectly fine. Of course, I'm biased in the fact that it is my favorite park. This is my sixteenth year in a row that I've visted Disney World.

Mark

Mag1575

i wouldn't mind having a separate enterance for The World Showcase. I wonder if that would have any affect of Annual Pass holders? I'm thinking it probably wouldn't. Anyway, I had a wonderful time at Disney World. I cant wait to get back, probably in November.

Mark

Mag1575

Actually, when I think about it Body Wars could be redone. I don't enjoy it as much as Star Tours. I think On Star Tours you have more movement up and down, rather than from side-to-side.
I apologize if this doesn't make sense, but I drove to Disney World.

Mark

GoofyMike29

Original Poster
I feel that a separate entrance into World Showcase is a great idea. How many times have you been to WDW and have gone to MGM or Magic Kingdom during the day and at dinner have gone over to Italy to have a nice dinner and watch Tapestry of Dreams and Illuminations. I think that the overall idea is smart.

Katherine

Originally posted by Mag1575
Actually, when I think about it Body Wars could be redone. I don't enjoy it as much as Star Tours. I think On Star Tours you have more movement up and down, rather than from side-to-side.
I apologize if this doesn't make sense, but I drove to Disney World.

Mark
I completly agree! When I went to disney fro the first time I did both of the rides I did star tours then body wars. first body wars was to jerky, and it wasn't as thrilling as startours. I really hope they give it something new. Did it seem shorter too? I thought it did.

Rotel1026

Originally posted by GoofyMike29
I feel that a separate entrance into World Showcase is a great idea. How many times have you been to WDW and have gone to MGM or Magic Kingdom during the day and at dinner have gone over to Italy to have a nice dinner and watch Tapestry of Dreams and Illuminations. I think that the overall idea is smart.

Most people doing that already have park hopper passes so separate admission shouldn't be an issue. So making WS a separate entrance area wouldn't bring more of those people in. As far as locals coming in because of this? Wouldn't making the effort to get to Epcot be more trouble than what it's worth? There are plenty of other restaurants in the Orlando area that have parking much closer plus most of them don't charge for parking either. Wouldn't more locals be more inclined to visit a Downtown Disney/Citywalk sort of area? Or even a place like the Boardwalk? I don't see how they could work a separate entrance between the two area areas without inconviencing people.

Cliff

Yeah, I was joking.

Actually, 300 million could make a really cool pavillion regarding the "history" of EPCOT center.

Yup. a small pavillion that explains the begining of the park from construction to "forgotten" attractions.

I'd love to see old props from the old rides there. Maybee some video footage of WOM.

Ohhh...How bout a "virtual" horrizons ride. A video "simulation" of the old ride and music. Like a model of the original car with a big video screen. That would NOT be hard to make at all!!

This way, no attraction would ever "really" die. There would always be a memory of it in this new pavillion.

CT : - )

Rehabilitated

Originally posted by stale32441
I dont understand what this means?

What roads? The is no road between Mexico and Norway, or AA and Japan. In fact the only roads that come off of Avenue of the Stars are the gates that Tap pulls off on. Please elaborate.. [/B]

Probably my error - I have an ariel view of the park from a few months before it opened. The roads are dirt paths although some lead to actual gates to onstage areas and are paved today. The plots were surveyed and marked which would be standard practice prior to construction. Remember that Disney is big on laying everything out prior to construction including floating balloons to check height views from other areas of WDW, etc. In addition, I've seen ariel photos in Imagineering offices with plot lines overlaid. I knew they renamed Perimiter Road, but Avenue of the Stars???? Sheesh!

My appologies for not calling them dirt roads - perhaps they are not visible today.

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by GoofyMike29

Once again, if that's what you're doing don't you have a parkhopper pass (making cost not an issue) anyway? There is that rear entrance if you don't want to go thru FutureWorld...

Mag1575

Hi Katherine,

I think that Body Wars is shorter than Star Tours. I agree it is way too jerky. I'm not sensing any of the excitement either.

Mark

GoofyMike29

Original Poster
Really?
I was never a huge Bpdy Wars fan then this past vacation I went on it and was totally satisfied. The only that I like more about Star Tours is the fact that its Star Tours, the story is way lame and I feel that both rides are equal in terms of jerkiness

cymbaldiva

The only time I rode Body Wars it made me really nausious...I like Star Tours alot more! I don't know if that has anything to do with me being a fan of the films or not - Body Wars was just a little rough for me!

GoofyMike29

Original Poster
Originally posted by cymbaldiva
The only time I rode Body Wars it made me really nausious...I like Star Tours alot more! I don't know if that has anything to do with me being a fan of the films or not - Body Wars was just a little rough for me!

I used to feel that way too about the ride until my this past vacation when my brother had me ride with him and I really enjoyed it. Aren't they suppose to update the Star Tours Ride? I heard something about there being a new movie that was suppose to happen and George Lucas was going to write/direct everything????

cymbaldiva

I've heard that about Star Tours too .... an update would be awesome! Here's hoping that what we've heard is true! :sohappy:

cymbaldiva

If you're talking about Star Tours, no I haven't. The rumours have been flying since Episode I. Of course in my dream world they keep the original Star Tours open and put up a new one as well!
:D

I can dream, can't I? :lol:

Rotel1026

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
If you're talking about Star Tours, no I haven't. The rumours have been flying since Episode I. Of course in my dream world they keep the original Star Tours open and put up a new one as well!
:D

I can dream, can't I? :lol:

Well, currently the setup is that you're boarding at what essentially is an intergalactic airport, no? Couldn't they add a new ride film to some of the pods and have you going to a different destination than ST1? And then you could actually have both.

Valentin

cymbaldiva

I'm guess that you mean that guests could pick a destination and go on a different ride based on their choice?

Now that idea doesn't s***! Very good thinking Rotel26! :sohappy:

cymbaldiva

I'm sorry :( - I thought we were all pretty much agreeing for a change! :animwink:

Back to Epcot....I wish they'd take some of the $$ to restore the entrance and Spaceship Earth to their former glory! Call me old school - I really liked the fountain and SE w/o a sign on top! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom