300,000,000 Dollar Rehab for EPCOT

RobFL

Account Suspended
Originally posted by jrashadb

What building? Odussey? Forget construction. Tear the damn thing down, build up the foundation and build something else on the site. Odyssey is a waste of space and it should go away. And soon.

As for the mickey hand over SE, it should be taken down too. it takez away from teh classiness of SE. The Mickey hand and the "Epcot" sign are both abominations that should be taken away.
Seriously, does anyone like the sign above SE. It's awful. :hurl:

It's grown on me. Then again, I never had anything against it, just started with nothing for it either.

From the World Showcase it gives Epcot a nice sense of place. From my little post outside UoE it makes a nifty photo op too.. You can only take so many pics of a sphere before they all look the same. It gives it a focal point.

-Rob

jrashadb

Originally posted by RobFL

It's grown on me. Then again, I never had anything against it, just started with nothing for it either.

From the World Showcase it gives Epcot a nice sense of place. From my little post outside UoE it makes a nifty photo op too.. You can only take so many pics of a sphere before they all look the same. It gives it a focal point.

-Rob

Grrrrrrr... :mad: :brick:
Well, hey. I can't fault someone that has an opinion. And, I can kinda see what you're saying. Not to say that either of us is wrong or right... Deciding if we like something is completely in the eye of the beholder, and I woudn't want to do something as dumb as try to impose my own personal opinion on anyone else.
That's just rude.
I just think SE looked better without the sign, that's all. The sign was fine for a while for what it was put up ther for in the first place and I thought Epcot was perfect for the celebration, but leaving it up there permanently just upsets me. I think it takes away from the quiet dignity I thought SE had.
But, for someone who works at UoE and has to look at SE all damn day long every day, the sign was probably a welcome change. I only see SE, like, 25-30 times a year. I sssume you have to see it every day. So, I get what you're saying.
But -- and this is a strictly personal thing that I don't want to get into a big thread-drifting arguement about, because nobody needs that :lol: -- I just want to take a wrecking ball to it and destroy it so I never ever have to see the thing as long as I live... that's all.

RobFL

Account Suspended
Originally posted by jrashadb

Grrrrrrr... :mad: :brick:
Well, hey. I can't fault someone that has an opinion. And, I can kinda see what you're saying. Not to say that either of us is wrong or right... Deciding if we like something is completely in the eye of the beholder, and I woudn't want to do something as dumb as try to impose my own personal opinion on anyone else.
That's just rude.
I just think SE looked better without the sign, that's all. The sign was fine for a while for what it was put up ther for in the first place and I thought Epcot was perfect for the celebration, but leaving it up there permanently just upsets me. I think it takes away from the quiet dignity I thought SE had.
But, for someone who works at UoE and has to look at SE all damn day long every day, the sign was probably a welcome change. I only see SE, like, 25-30 times a year. I sssume you have to see it every day. So, I get what you're saying.
But -- and this is a strictly personal thing that I don't want to get into a big thread-drifting arguement about, because nobody needs that :lol: -- I just want to take a wrecking ball to it and destroy it so I never ever have to see the thing as long as I live... that's all.

If you stand infront of the roundestbushy-type bush at UoE in the queue past the umbrella, and have your photographer stand on the other side of the opposite rope for the queue, you can get a perfectly framed picture of yourself with 2 dinosaur topiaries and the word "Epcot" in big giant red letters atop SE. I think it's nifty.

-Rob

RobFL

Account Suspended
And if you're really really luckey, you'll time it so that the monorail is racing by at the same time.

So, you have yourself, nifty topiaries, the monorail and then SE with the Epcot sign.

-Rob

jrashadb

If you stand infront of the roundestbushy-type bush at UoE in the queue past the umbrella, and have your photographer stand on the other side of the opposite rope for the queue, you can get a perfectly framed picture of yourself with 2 dinosaur topiaries and the word "Epcot" in big giant red letters atop SE. I think it's nifty.

-Rob
Hm...
Well, that's fancy. That sounds like a really nice picture. I'll haver to look at that next time I go. I'll be there on Sunday, so I'll take a look.

cymbaldiva

-Rob

While I really do hear what you're saying, couldn't the word "Epcot" just be put into photos later? That way people could get their photos w/o the rest of the world having to deal with that b*** ugly sign :)

jrashadb

Originally posted by cymbaldiva

While I really do hear what you're saying, couldn't the word "Epcot" just be put into photos later? That way people could get their photos w/o the rest of the world having to deal with that b*** ugly sign :)

So, I'm not alone in thinking the sign is awful. :sohappy:
Thanks, Diva.

jrashadb

Yeah, I've noticed that too.

Hi. :wave:

Anyone who's all for tearing down that sign above SE is Ok in my book. :lol:

BTW, I'll be in Epcot, drinking a strawberry margaritta in Mexico in about 10 hours and I'm very, very excited about that.
:king:

jrashadb

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Have Fun! Drink one for me! :D

Heh...
I just got back. I drank two for you, actually. :lol:
The World Showcase is a beautiful, beautiful place... it just needs a thrill ride.
:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom