Politics 28000 Layoffs coming to Disney's domestic theme parks - statement from Josh D'Amaro

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

seascape

How do you stream from your phone to your tv?
There are several apps that do it from my Samsung phone to Roku. I have Roku devices on all my TVs, it makes it easier for my wife to use them. Again, I usually only stream while in Southwest Florida but yesterday my internal WIFI wasn't working that well in the basement so I streamed some saved shows from my phone to the TV.

Jrb1979

I'm way too cheap and with the hours I work have no use for most of the paid streaming services. I pay for internet only. I have a ROKU tv but really only use the free streaming apps. I also have an antenna for over the air tv.

Basil of Baker Street

No one says it sucks, but it has issues. Pretending it doesn't is part of the reason the parks are in the mess they are in right now. For years, no one could compete with Disney parks, but the gap has closed considerably due to Disney's hubris and other parks stepping up their game. If I had attempted the same trip to Disney that I just took to Universal, I would have spent thousands more. It just isn't worth it, and pointing that out doesn't make me a hater.
Except some here are 100% negative 100% of the time. Just saying.

TrainsOfDisney

Except some here are 100% negative 100% of the time. Just saying.
This is a thread about 32,000 cm’s losing their jobs. I would expect it to be negative.

Actually... it’s a positive thread... we are all sad that things that we loved are leaving! I loved hoop-dee-doo, yeehaw Bob, citizens of Hollywood, citizens of Main Street, the Grand Orchestra, and Main Street Piano Players.

I’m glad the voices, Carol the piano lady, Mariachi band, and Jammitors still have their jobs at Epcot and I’m glad the dapper dans and Main Street philharmonic are still performing at MK. I’m not sure if that’s enough to get me to renew my AP, but it’s enough to get me down there if the virus gets under control before the end of May!

Tony the Tigger

No one says it sucks, but it has issues. Pretending it doesn't is part of the reason the parks are in the mess they are in right now. For years, no one could compete with Disney parks, but the gap has closed considerably due to Disney's hubris and other parks stepping up their game. If I had attempted the same trip to Disney that I just took to Universal, I would have spent thousands more. It just isn't worth it, and pointing that out doesn't make me a hater.
“Worth it” is, of course, subjective.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe? If I wanted to watch it and it was “free” after my blockbuster membership. lol.

I’m just saying I don’t think the ease of access affects the use of product that much. They need more original content...for sure.

The company helped do that to theirselves somewhat.

Have you been drinking? I think that’s foul on the Queen’s English? Waiting for a ruling on that 🤔

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The documentaries have been good. Hamilton is amazing. The new muppets series is good.

I’m not against more original content of course.

I think it’s the highest quality streaming service out there...and I believe I’ve tried them all except peacock...

But the problem is they’ve “fired their bullet” with all the vault stuff...need content now and that gets expensive.
We shall see.

TrainsOfDisney

I think it’s the highest quality streaming service out there...and I believe I’ve tried them all except peacock...

But the problem is they’ve “fired their bullet” with all the vault stuff...need content now and that gets expensive.
We shall see.
Yeah, I don’t think they made the best plan. They should have kept the vault schedule and released movies month by month and made little events out of them.

I’d argue that if they were going to release the entire vault the way they did that it should be a premium service, not priced to compete with Netflix, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom