21st Birthday, Engagement and Brazilian Tour Groups Trip Report (July 11-17)

This is my first trip report and I am excited to start it! It may take a while but I will get it done! You can read my pre trip report here http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=557246

Let's get started! We left Saturday morning at 7 after my boyfriend and I got off work at UPS. We drove from Louisville, KY to Lake City, FL to rest for the night.

100_0263.jpg

We did have a nice rental van from Budget; it was a 2010 dodge chrysler with satelite radio and plenty of room for napping.

carride.jpg

We arrived in Lake City around 7 pm and decided to eat at the Cracker Barrel right around the corner. We ended up having terrible service, but we did get full. We went back to the hotel and fell asleep pretty fast. I was just excited that tomorrow I would be in Disney!:sohappy:

Sunday July 11
We left the hotel at 10:45 am and drove the rest of the way to All Star Sports. We got there around 1 and sure enough our room was ready! I put my birthday pin on right away and my mom and I was even given 2 roses! Whoo hoo!

1130room.jpg

(this picture was taken at a different time just wanted to throw it in here now)

hotelroom.jpg

(i loved the goofy poster!)

We dropped off our luggage and hopped on a bus for Downtown Disney. We was all pretty hungry so we headed for Earl of Sandwich! Troy and I love that place, I got cannonballs! and I forgot what he got...

earl.jpg

We shopped at all the stores basically and I picked up a goofy mug for myself. My mom and Troy bought me some goofy items for my birthday since it was only 3 days away! :]

woody.jpg

100_0268.jpg

100_0270.jpg

(My mom, brother and I)

After we finished our shopping adventure (by the way, I loved the idea of having your purchases delivered to your hotel, I used it everytime I bought something!) we went back to the hotel for a swim.

100_0274.jpg

(thats us in the middle of the pool by goofy)

After we swam we spent sometime in the arcade using our free 100 points and ate supper in the food court. We fell asleep around 10pm looking forward to our first day at the parks tomorrow! And little did I know what Troy had planned for me

Next up: Animal Kingdom/Magic Kingdom/Proposal

Goofygirl07

Original Poster
DHS July 14 (my 21st b-day!)

I forgot to mention in my last post that my moms boyfriend, Dennis, did not arrive to Orlando until around midnight because of a late plane. He stayed in our room that night (7/13) and did not check in to his own room until this morning. So sorry Disney for kinda cheatin ya out. :lookaroun

Now on to the TR!

We was a tad late (again) for park opening but we headed straight for TSM fast passes. And of course there was a line for that but our return time was at 1:00ish (wow...) We went to Backlot next and there was not much of a line there. All I can say is it was a boring attraction, but I liked the villains gallary afterwards! Score one for the villains!
097.jpg

Dennis bought me Jar-Jar Goofy bobblehead for my b-day in the store afterwards, I think it's so cute!

We walked down the streets of the cities and took some pics. We found a photopass guy and he took some great pics. I ended up ordering one he took with a DHS logo added when we got back home.
100_0326.jpg

(Dennis likes coca-cola. He has his basement decorated with it)

100_0324.jpg

(the photopass pic was similar to this but Troy had his eyes open.)

Muppet Vision was next and I laughed a lot but who doesn't?? There was literally no wait for this attraction either.

099.jpg

Troy like's the snowman so we had to pay him a visit.
101.jpg

Star Tours was next and that also had a very little wait time. Awesome! I am so glad Disney is sprucing this ride up, it really needs it. Next we ventured into movie land but not before seeing these bad boys...
102.jpg

(hey I was born that year)

103.jpg

(Troy's hand was bigger than his)

Okay so photobucket is acting up. I will have to finish this day later. It's so aggravating!

Gucci65

Great trip report so far and Congratulations on the engagement!!!

Also - thanks for being honest about some of the rides being boring - :ROFLOL:

Goofygirl07

Original Poster
Finally back to the TR!!
105.jpg

After a trip into the world of movies it was time for our ADR at 50's Prime Time Cafe! I was excited to eat here again and Troy would finally get to experience it, but we didn't have the best waitress. But the food was really good. I got the fried chicken and a nice dessert.

109.jpg

Our FP return time for TSM was right after our lunch so we zoomed on over there. I was looking forward to this as this was everyone's first time on it. I loved the ride! It was so easy to score points, I wish we could have done it again.

111.jpg

We then went through One Man's Dream and afterwords I wanted to see Lotso but when we got there he had a huge line so I just snapped this quicky.

113.jpg

(man he really does smell like strawberries!)

Mr. Incredible and Frozone had a much shorter line so we stopped by to say hello.

100_0335.jpg

The last thing we wanted to do for the day was visit RNR and ToT and of course both already had their FP's gone.

115.jpg

(he likes to do that pose)

Oh yeah, check us out in front of the brooms!
100_0337.jpg

(that girl is creepin on us)

So we hop in the single rider line for RNR thinking it will go by faster. Well that was not the case! We waited about 40 min. while the stand-by line was buzzin on past us. I love that ride, it makes me so excited just waiting for the launch. This time my stomach actually went up into my throat during the blast off.

116.jpg

(that guy in the power chair looks comfy and relaxed.)

ToT had about a 30 min wait time so I waited with Troy and Dennis. I didn't ride in the end but this time I actually went all the way through until you get into the elevator.

117.jpg

After that we was ready to leave the park and head over to EPCOT so Dennis could see it during his visit. Here is a pic of sign I snapped on the way out.

120.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

really enjoying the trip report. and CONGRATULATIONS on the engagement! how exciting to have a proposal in disney! :D very jealous! can't wait to read more and see more great pictures.

foreverbelle

OOO I love the way he asked you that was so sweet! And what a great thing that your brother got it on video! And glad to see you guys wore your just engaged buttons, that always makes me smile when I see them around the parks!

Loved the report, I agree some of the rides are quite boring..and your honesty is amazing.

Congrats on the engagement and best wishes for the future.

Goofygirl07

Original Poster
Finally I get a chance to complete more of this! I had no idea it would take this long to go. I have been gone this past weekend and getting things together for school.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we left DHS to go to EPCOT, there was no line to get on the bus. Everyone was just huddled together in a group or just spread out so of course when the bus did come, it was a mad house trying to get on. But we all made it on the first bus! YAY!! They really needed to set up ropes out there!

After finally getting to EPCOT Troy and I wanted to do Sum of All Thrills again and make it crazy. We went upside down 5 times and this time it was better then the last. After wards we met up with the rest of the crew from Test Track and Troy, Dennis, Austin and I headed over to Mission Space. The wait was longer than 30 min. and fast pass was gone so we had to stick it out. O well, Troy loves it every time now.

Now remember, today is my 21st birthday and we are now at EPCOT so you know what that means? Yup, Troy and I headed straight to WS after we hung out with my family. We started over at the UK and tried some of their Cider.:hurl: Did not like that so I thought I would see if France could give me some wine. Nope of course not, but I thought I could try. So I finally just bought a Daiquiri in Morocco and I thought that it was pretty good.

Here is a shot of Dennis in WS with a coke vending machine.
100_0342.jpg

It was finally getting about the time for staking out a spot for Illuminations and we was on our way to Mexico to buy a Mango Margarita (which was delicious I might add) so we found a spot between Mexico and Norway. This was our first time seeing Illuminations and we both thought it was terrific.

We walked pretty quickly to get around the crowds exiting and we made it back to Sports pretty fast and ate supper in the food court. After that we walked around the resort and I took some pics.

124.jpg

126.jpg

127.jpg

Dennis' room was ready by the time they got back and they ended up giving him a handicap room. He liked how spacious it was! I mean the bed and the shower where very huge!! Tomorrow we were going to Disney Quest!

Kristamouse

Congrats! We are from Union KY and both went to UK, loved your CATS shirt in the first couple of pictures...can't wait for the rest of the trip report. BTW how long did it take for you to get to Sun City?
We are leaving 9/30 and usually drive though the night but this year we are planning on stopping for the night.

Goofygirl07

Original Poster
Congrats! We are from Union KY and both went to UK, loved your CATS shirt in the first couple of pictures...can't wait for the rest of the trip report. BTW how long did it take for you to get to Sun City?
We are leaving 9/30 and usually drive though the night but this year we are planning on stopping for the night.

I think it took roughly 14-15 hours if I added that up right. We stopped in Lake City, FL. We left the house at 7am and was in the hotel in Lake City around 6ish. I love my UK Wildcats!!

Goofygirl07

Original Poster
Thursday (Disney Quest/DTD)

Today we had the chance to sleep in so I woke up a little before 11. We had lunch reservations at the Whispering Canyon and I was really looking forward to it since I heard it was such a fun place. Well we had a heck of the time getting there. We went to DTD to transfer to the Wilderness Lodge bus and it just happened to be there when we got to DTD. The bus driver takes us to Typhoon Lagoon and he over hears us talking about WC and tells us where on the wrong bus and that he's going back to DTD after this.
I knew that was not right but thought maybe hes's changing his route Idk??:shrug:But we all got off and we waited, and waited and waited until finally another Wilderness Lodge bus picks us up. We eventually make it Whispering Canyon a tad early to our surprise.

The place was almost empty! I was thinking "I hope this is actually good" and it turned out to be pretty fun! We had a great waitress (forgot her name) and she all made us laugh. She called us cousins, and my brother was bubba lol. Troy kept downing the lemonade and she was always bringing him out refills so finally he got this!
100_0343-1.jpg

(the waitress threw down a handful of straws because we had to ask for them)

The food was really good and we all thought this place was fun! And I got another fancy dessert!
100_0344-1.jpg

(thats Troy pushing me into the cupcake)

100_0345-1.jpg

(group shot!)

We walked around the lobby for a few minutes then left to go to Disney Quest after wards. Ausint and I have been before but the rest have not so I was hoping they would all enjoy it. Troy and I played the Mighty Ducks Pinball and I might add that I won! We did the other interactive games but there was a long line for most of them.
Here is Troy playing Nascar.
129-1.jpg

We was all done with DQ in a few hours so we wandered around DTD. It had just stopped raining so Im guessing that's why DQ was so busy. We saw a living statue..
131.jpg

Then it started to rain again, so we went into World of Disney, which was a mistake. It was jammed packed! But we was still able to get hat pictures!
132.jpg

133.jpg

Goofygirl07

Original Poster
So after we take our cute hat pictures we all decided that we had to get some shakes at Ghirardelli's. That place is amazing! I got just a plain chocolate shake but now after trying Troy's Reese shake I will have to get that everytime! I was craving one the following days...It was getting late so we went back to our room to prepare for our last day tomorrow at Magic Kindom. :(

ksr99

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I proposed to my fiance down there, its such a magical place!!! I wish you all the best:sohappy::sohappy:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Great report!!

I got all teary-eyed at the engagement picture. Congratulations to you both!

Have to say that I love Troy's "Ladies Man" tshirt!

Goofygirl07

Original Poster
Wow! Who would have known that it would have taken me this long to finish a trip report. I never expected to be this busy!

Friday (Magic Kingdom, final day)

144.jpg

Today was our last day at WDW and we planned on spending all day at MK and I really wanted to catch the park opening since I have never seen it in all the years I have been. So finally we make a park opening for the week and I thought it was pretty cool. We ended up standing right at the turnstiles to get in.

137.jpg

When the opening is over its a mad house trying to get into the park but we head right into Tomorrowland to pick up Space Mountain fast passes. The line was already out past the entrance. Our return time was an hour later so we thought to kill time in Tomorrowland by first going to Buzz Lightyear, which was a walk on.

140.jpg

(check out Mom's game face)

139.jpg

(my score is on the left. I killed Troy haha)

Afterwards we went to Monsters Inc., which became a favorite of the trip. Dennis was picked from the audience to talk to the monsters. We had a good time. And for some stupid, dumb reason we decided to do Stitch. What a waste of space but it killed time before Space Mountatin. After the horrible attraction was over we headed over to SM. THere was actually a small line that there was no reason to even have fastpasses, but oh well. I love that ride and that would be our last time on it :{

141.jpg

We exited Tomorrowland after wards and cut through the hub to go to Frontierland to pick up Fastpasses for BTMR. But on the way I had to take this pic...

146.jpg

But Troy and I made a pit stop to see two characters we have never met before and I immediately got super excited!!!

Goofygirl07

Original Poster
As the rest of the crew went to get fast passes for BTMR, I spotted Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen!!! I was stoked because I wanted to meet them for the first time and they were together!! The line wasn't too long but I really didn't care lol. They were really sweet and very into character. They talked to us about our engagement and Prince Naveen told Troy to just say "yes dear" lol.

149.jpg

(checking out the bling, bling)

151.jpg

(troy acting like Prince Naveen)

153.jpg

So after the happy experience we headed over to Frontierland and met up with the rest of our party. Our return time for the FP's where about 2 hours away so I threw out the idea to go to Tom Sawyer Island.

155.jpg

157.jpg

158.jpg

(I liked the face in the cave)

We didn't spend too much time over there because we decided we wanted some lunch at Pecos Bill's. It was not crowded at all at Pecos and we found a table right away. I had the BBQ sandwich meal and I thought it was really, really delicious. Probably the best quick service meal all week. After lunch we rode BTMR (it was broken down for a while but happened to be up and running when we returned)
160.jpg

162.jpg

And of course since we have not rode it yet, it was time for POTC! It was the first time I have rode it since the upgrade and the added Jack Sparrow. I really liked the Captain B. fog screen at the beginning of the ride too.
164.jpg

166.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom