21st Birthday, Engagement and Brazilian Tour Groups Trip Report (July 11-17)

This is my first trip report and I am excited to start it! It may take a while but I will get it done! You can read my pre trip report here http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=557246

Let's get started! We left Saturday morning at 7 after my boyfriend and I got off work at UPS. We drove from Louisville, KY to Lake City, FL to rest for the night.

100_0263.jpg

We did have a nice rental van from Budget; it was a 2010 dodge chrysler with satelite radio and plenty of room for napping.

carride.jpg

We arrived in Lake City around 7 pm and decided to eat at the Cracker Barrel right around the corner. We ended up having terrible service, but we did get full. We went back to the hotel and fell asleep pretty fast. I was just excited that tomorrow I would be in Disney!:sohappy:

Sunday July 11
We left the hotel at 10:45 am and drove the rest of the way to All Star Sports. We got there around 1 and sure enough our room was ready! I put my birthday pin on right away and my mom and I was even given 2 roses! Whoo hoo!

1130room.jpg

(this picture was taken at a different time just wanted to throw it in here now)

hotelroom.jpg

(i loved the goofy poster!)

We dropped off our luggage and hopped on a bus for Downtown Disney. We was all pretty hungry so we headed for Earl of Sandwich! Troy and I love that place, I got cannonballs! and I forgot what he got...

earl.jpg

We shopped at all the stores basically and I picked up a goofy mug for myself. My mom and Troy bought me some goofy items for my birthday since it was only 3 days away! :]

woody.jpg

100_0268.jpg

100_0270.jpg

(My mom, brother and I)

After we finished our shopping adventure (by the way, I loved the idea of having your purchases delivered to your hotel, I used it everytime I bought something!) we went back to the hotel for a swim.

100_0274.jpg

(thats us in the middle of the pool by goofy)

After we swam we spent sometime in the arcade using our free 100 points and ate supper in the food court. We fell asleep around 10pm looking forward to our first day at the parks tomorrow! And little did I know what Troy had planned for me

Next up: Animal Kingdom/Magic Kingdom/Proposal

Goofygirl07

Original Poster
On to more of the TR (if anyone is still reading...)

170.jpg

(this pic took a while to take thanks to the enormous crowd!! But thanks to the CM who helped stop the crowd!)

We ran into these 2 after POTC and the line was already closed (boo) so I had to settle for this pic...
177.jpg

Funny story about these hats...my brother wanted to buy one and my mom wouldn't let him because he would never wear it. He got upset and we kept bringing it up the rest of the pic...(long story short)
174.jpg

We picked up some fastpasses for Jungle Cruise and the return time was less than an hour away so we walked through the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House and sat around in the shade for a while. Mom, Dennis and Austin rode Magic Carpets of Aladdin. It was about the time for the Jungle Cruise and we had a good time.
178.jpg

180.jpg

Another funny story (at least to Troy and I) on the Jungle Cruise there was a girl, I would say about 11 years old who was freaked out and got down on the floor of the boat and cried. A lot. I mean we wasn't even in the ruin part but really...anyways it just made me laugh...

182.jpg

(On the way to the Haunted Mansion!)

Goofygirl07

Original Poster
As I said earlier, we was headed to the Haunted Mansion, one of my favorite rides! The wait was about 25 minutes but I didn't mind, I knew it would go by fast.

185.jpg

(Troy loves these and he had to pick one up along the way!)

187.jpg

(I like the rose on top)

190.jpg

(passing each other in line. Troy and I got in front of them while leaving the stretching room)

After the tour of the Haunted Mansion, Mom, Austin and Dennis went to the Hall of Presidents. I bought a HM shirt and Troy and I walked around Fantasyland for a bit. We ran into this princess along the way...

192.jpg

(anyone else think Snow White looks too old for the part?...)

It was around 3 o'clock and the parade was about to start, so we staked out a spot between the castle and Liberty Square. Perfect spot to me!

200.jpg

213.jpg

211.jpg

218.jpg

After the parade, we all met back up and decided to hit up "it's a small world". Troy had been wanting to ride it the entire trip and we finally got to it!

220.jpg

222.jpg

Alexx

This trip report is awesome! Congrats on the engagement!

What cider was it that you didn't like in the UK bit?
I wanna know whether it was a good cider or the crappy stuff (not that i'd know cause i'm 17 and never had alcohol .. ever :lookaroun)

Goofygirl07

Original Poster
This trip report is awesome! Congrats on the engagement!

What cider was it that you didn't like in the UK bit?
I wanna know whether it was a good cider or the crappy stuff (not that i'd know cause i'm 17 and never had alcohol .. ever :lookaroun)

I really can't remember what cider it was but it had some beer in it so maybe that's why. I can't stand beer!

Goofygirl07

Original Poster
After we saw how small the world was Troy and I decided we wanted to head back to the room to rest before our ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern at 8pm. The rest of the group went off somewhere else (I do know they rode the train around and picked up splash mountain fast passes)
Troy and I headed to the front of the park where we saw Troy's favorite childhood pals

228-1.jpg

After meeting them we transfered all photopass cards onto one, then hitched a ride on the train to make a loop around the park. Man it was hot on there! After riding the train we finally made it back to the room where I took a nap and Troy went and played in the game room. The nap didn't seem to last long before we was headed back to the Magic Kingdom. I stopped to pose with Walt and Minnie

230-1.jpg

We also saw these cuties along the way to Liberty Tree Tavern. They was eating everything in site.
231.jpg

233.jpg

We didn't wait long for our table and good thing because we was hungry. I have to say that was my favorite meal of the entire trip!! I LOVED everything!! The dressing was amazing and so was the green beans! I am still talking about the food.

100_0354.jpg

100_0352.jpg

100_0353.jpg

(somebody is sunburnt)

After dinner Troy, Austin and I headed to Splash Mountain to use our FP's. Mom and Dennis didn't want to get wet :[ But really we barely got wet because we sat in the back and the water cannon's had perfect timing by barely missing us.

Goofygirl07

Original Poster
We was happy to de dry after coming off of Splash Mountain, especially since the sun had set and it would have been harder to dry off. Mom and Dennis was tired and headed back to the room, leaving Austin, Troy and Me to have the park to ourselves. Since it was our last full day there and last time in the parks, I wanted to stay untill the park closed at 3 a.m. (EMH).

The first Electrical Parade had already happened so we went back to our spot where we watched the earlier parade to catch the fireworks. Wasn't so comfortable this time. We was packed like sardines on the Liberty Square bridge! People thought it was okay to stand in front of us after we have been there and that was not going to happen, so I told them to keep on moving nicely ;) and all was well again. I have to say I like wishes 10x more but the fireworks was awesome.

237.jpg

240.jpg

241.jpg

(Troy thought the castle caught on fire here lol)

When the show was over I decided we should stay in our spot right next to the bridge so no one will be in front of us and only have people to the right of us for the Electrical Parade. So we just sat there for about an hour waiting and in that time we saw the little stools from the tables out by the walkpath so we used that opportunity to sit by the road. A few minutes later a not so nice CM came by and said were not allowed to move the seats. I told her we didn't move them, they was here already. She told us to put them back, fine with me but you don't have to be rude. (after she left another lady used one and nothing was said to her) hmm.

But I did get a cool pic of the castle while waiting
245.jpg

Goofygirl07

Original Poster
It was now EMH hours so we decided to go to Fantasy land and ride some of the ones we missed. We got in line for this...

283.jpg

and experienced this...

071.jpg

They hoot and hollered the entire que. They was there when we got on the ride and there when we got off. Of course the ride isn't too long...

Anyways, next was Pooh time and here the CM actually checked for our resort cards.

285.jpg

286.jpg

(our shadows in line)

288.jpg

I had to ride the teacups since we haven't all trip and I let Troy do most of the spinning. I love that crazy feeling I get. Austin had to get in his own because the 3 of us could not fit in one.

292.jpg

293.jpg

294.jpg

We walked over to Tomorrowland hoping to get another ride on Space Mountain but the line was too long so we was all tired and decided to leave. I was so sad thinking this is the last time in the park until who knows when.
295.jpg

297.jpg

We didn't have to wait long to get on the bus back to Sports and as soon as we got in the room I was asleep.

The next day we woke up at 8. Troy and I ate breakfast in the food court (we both had the waffles) and when we was done it was time to get on the road. We drove all the way back to Louisville in one day. Overall this was an amazing trip! I loved experiencing it with Troy and can not wait to come back. I'm already talking about it!

Dumbo2675

Congrats on engagement

Hey GoofygirlO7,
Congrats on your engagement at Disney hope you two have a great life together. We will be spending our 20 year aniversary there on Oct 2 thru the 8th. We Spent our honeymoon there 20 years ago. Again congrats

Goofygirl07

Original Poster
I am glad you finished your TR! I enjoyed reading it, and congratulations!!

Thanks! I didn't know it would take this long but I am so glad I got it done. I will probably add misc. pics later from my brothers camera.

Congrats on your engagement at Disney hope you two have a great life together. We will be spending our 20 year aniversary there on Oct 2 thru the 8th. We Spent our honeymoon there 20 years ago. Again congrats

Thank you! I want a honeymoon at Disney but I think wer will do a cruise. Maybe we can stop by on the way to or from the port! Have a great time and enjoy your anniversary!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom