2015: The year of the EPCOT makeover?

Siren

Then people should start complaining at guest services and writing emails, constantly I might add. No one should accept the mediocrity Disney is pushing.
Or maybe, just stop going? Do you write letters and emails constantly to Disney? I really don't think so because this has been going on for such a long time. Sea World patrons sent a strong, crippling message by boycotting the park and it hit them directly in the pocketbook. Now, Sea World is investing in better and larger facilities for the orcas, in hopes of wooing fans back. We'll see, if Sea World can rebound.

I can tell you nothing is coming to Wonders of Life other than things associated with F&W a and F&G anytime soon. I know that for a fact.
Can't argue with the facts!

CaptainShortty

Or maybe, just stop going? Do you write letters and emails constantly to Disney? I really don't think so because this has been going on for such a long time. Sea World patrons sent a strong, crippling message by boycotting the park and it hit them directly in the pocketbook. Now, Sea World is investing in better and larger facilities for the orcas, in hopes of wooing fans back. We'll see, if Sea World can rebound.

Can't argue with the facts!

=) I only say that because I work on a team that works in that building quite frequently for different things and we're already planning stuff for 2015 and no one has said we can't. So unless TDO pulls a fast one on everybody and takes it away, to my knowledge that rumor about something coming in there isn't true.

jensenrick

Big Hero Six is such a perfect fit for Epcot's Future World! I advise all old school Epcot fans to see this film.

The vast field of robotics is simply amazing and how this escaped me is a mystery. Robotics, seamlessly ties into the future world theme. Without giving away spoilers from the film -- certain elements of Big Hero 6's robotic theme can be incorporated into a fascinating interactive robotics exhibit at Innoventions. There is also an opportunity to present an interactive health & wellness exhibit through utilization of Baymax. I would also like too see a dark ride for Big Hero 6, but a 3D/4D simulator ride is probably more appropriate for the IP content.

Initially, I wanted something along these lines to happen for Wall-E -- but there was too much controversy surrounding the film. But, Big Hero 6 has established the most ideal platform for Disney to expand upon without compromising Epcot's Future World theme.

Thank you so much, @marni1971 -- I did find your plans. And, I have most certainly learned all sorts of neat stuff, lol.

OMG...this would have been so amazing -- it's quite sad that it never came to fruition. Ignorance is truly bliss, because now every time I visit Germany -- I'm going to think about the boat ride that never was.
have you watched BH6? What did you think?

SirLink

You can't compare the two really ... Seaworld had an animal rights target them relentlessly and people bought into that without doing thinking. Disney likes to revel in mediocrity why freshen up attraction X when we don't need to.

The more serious question is why you don't complain.

Siren

=) I only say that because I work on a team that works in that building quite frequently for different things and we're already planning stuff for 2015 and no one has said we can't. So unless TDO pulls a fast one on everybody and takes it away, to my knowledge that rumor about something coming in there isn't true.
Wow, thanks. It's always nice getting info from an actual insider! I was just kidding anyway.

have you watched BH6? What did you think?
LOL. I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. But, yes I liked BH6 a lot because the film caught me off guard. Initially, I had no idea what it was all about and I had no expectations for the film -- especially, after Planes: Fire & Rescue. But, it just screamed Epcot to me and then the film was hardly acknowledged anywhere, despite performing well.

You can't compare the two really ... Seaworld had an animal rights target them relentlessly and people bought into that without doing thinking. Disney likes to revel in mediocrity why freshen up attraction X when we don't need to.

The more serious question is why you don't complain.
Disney has been targeted pretty strong by the DAS people -- the only difference is, they're more than likely to continue frequenting Disney, in spite of being angry, so it's not really felt in the pocketbook.

I tend to agree with you on the whole mediocrity thing, but this has been a trend at WDW for so long to where it's part of the culture. Disney has tapped into a segment of park goers who don't crave the new innovative rides. I've seen more fan frenzy and hype for free dining than both CarsLand and The New Fantasyland combined.

Anyway, Epcot purists are so extreme sometimes, to me -- they all seem to have this stringent fixation on what used to be. That's cool and all, but it shouldn't prevent you from enjoying the present and what's to come in the future. It's so ironic, since the ethos of Epcot embraces the future.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I honestly think that HGTV should actually sponsor "The Land" pavilion.. That'd make a lot of sense.

And then Wonders of Life could be filled with Disney movies.. Still revolving around the original theme as well. As I said before, Big Hero 6 would fit perfectly there. Inside Out in the Cranium Command theatre and a BH6 simulator ride where the former Body Wars simulator ride was. Possibly an exciting thrill ride where Baymax has to rescue a group of theme park tourists held hostage by a villain who is injecting them with a deadly virus or something! ..Hey.. That's not actually a bad idea for a simulator thrill ride based on BH6 :D

FigmentJedi

I honestly think that HGTV should actually sponsor "The Land" pavilion.. That'd make a lot of sense.

And then Wonders of Life could be filled with Disney movies.. Still revolving around the original theme as well. As I said before, Big Hero 6 would fit perfectly there. Inside Out in the Cranium Command theatre and a BH6 simulator ride where the former Body Wars simulator ride was. Possibly an exciting thrill ride where Baymax has to rescue a group of theme park tourists held hostage by a villain who is injecting them with a deadly virus or something! ..Hey.. That's not actually a bad idea for a simulator thrill ride based on BH6 :D
I'd say a BH6 variant of Body Wars would be pushing it and really, I think a regular update of Body Wars could stand on its own. A look at the field of medical robotics featuring Baymax would be a great substitute for Making of Me or Goofy About Health though.

WondersOfLife

I'd say a BH6 variant of Body Wars would be pushing it and really, I think a regular update of Body Wars could stand on its own.

Which would draw in more crowds, though? I like to look more on the business-perspective side of Disney sometimes.

If Body Wars only needed an upgrade, then that shouldn't have really affected the original attraction itself. If it was hugely popular like it was when it first opened (Probably because it was the only thrill ride in EPCOT..) then yea I guess an upgrade is the only thing needed really.. Like Spider Man at Universal.. It is still equally as popular as it was before its film-upgrade, but it has never died in popularity in between those times. But from what I remember, Body Wars was pretty empty, so it must not have kept people coming in..

The reason I thought of BH6 was because it'd make the pavilion hugely popular.. And not a bad attraction as well!

I'm probably just not seeing your image very clearly, though..

FigmentJedi

Which would draw in more crowds, though? I like to look more on the business-perspective side of Disney sometimes.

If Body Wars only needed an upgrade, then that shouldn't have really affected the original attraction itself. If it was hugely popular like it was when it first opened (Probably because it was the only thrill ride in EPCOT..) then yea I guess an upgrade is the only thing needed really.. Like Spider Man at Universal.. It is still equally as popular as it was before its film-upgrade, but it has never died in popularity in between those times. But from what I remember, Body Wars was pretty empty, so it must not have kept people coming in..

The reason I thought of BH6 was because it'd make the pavilion hugely popular.. And not a bad attraction as well!

I'm probably just not seeing your image very clearly, though..
It's not just a tie-in seeming forced, but also that Body Wars doesn't match Big Hero 6's tone at all. For being based on a comic book, it's a lot harder science-fiction setting then actual comics. Shrinking and going on a fantastic voyage situation is about as realistic for that setting as Fred's "invisible sandwich" and "formula to turn me into a monster at will".

This rule of keeping the fantastical tech believable in the movie even extended to the microbots and the portal: Early drafts would have had Callaghan fully assimilated by the bots and turned into a sentient machine colony and the dimensional portal was originally gonna release a giant squid monster into San Fransokyo and that would have been the movie's final boss.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

It's not just a tie-in seeming forced, but also that Body Wars doesn't match Big Hero 6's tone at all. For being based on a comic book, it's a lot harder science-fiction setting then actual comics. Shrinking and going on a fantastic voyage situation is about as realistic for that setting as Fred's "invisible sandwich" and "formula to turn me into a monster at will".

This rule of keeping the fantastical tech believable in the movie even extended to the microbots and the portal: Early drafts would have had Callaghan fully assimilated by the bots and turned into a sentient machine colony and the dimensional portal was originally gonna release a giant squid monster into San Fransokyo and that would have been the movie's final boss.

True.. True. Although what if the actual original concept for Body Wars was implemented into Big Hero 6? A huge science-research center calls in Hiro and Baymax to test their new "LGS 2050" pod.. Sort of like a parody for old Epcot goers who remember Body Wars, but new for guests who haven't ever experienced it or are just riding because they noticed these characters are in it?

I swear this is possible \(*-*)/

WondersOfLife

The only thing that keeps me back is that BH6 is disney animation and I really would like to prevent further overtake of that in Epcot

Good luck with that!.. Magic Kingdom 2.0 is definitely in the works. The least they could do is if they have to add Disney characters, keep the theming of the pavilions in Future World with movies that tie-in.

orlando678-

So I have to expect Test Track by Cars, Soarin' by Planes, Mission: Space with Stitch, Universe of Energy with Jiminy Cricket or what?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom