2015: The year of the EPCOT makeover?

orlando678-

I saw that they were going to add audio animatronics and some other scenes for gran fiesta tour. New technology for the seas. Not sure about the circle of life

Haymarket2008

Where did you see this?
I read on WDWThemeParks and Jim Hill that there were plans to install the Three Caballeros animatronics from the Mickey Mouse Revue in January. But that of course didn't happen. Supposedly they are in plastic wrap backstage in Epcot waiting for the funding to be installed. They were shipped over from Japan. And I didn't hear anything about a Seas refurb, but I guess that's welcome? But I think the animatronics would be a really nice touch.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Where did you see this?
I read on WDWThemeParks and Jim Hill that there were plans to install the Three Caballeros animatronics from the Mickey Mouse Revue in January. But that of course didn't happen. Supposedly they are in plastic wrap backstage in Epcot waiting for the funding to be installed. They were shipped over from Japan. And I didn't hear anything about a Seas refurb, but I guess that's welcome? But I think the animatronics would be a really nice touch.

I had read that somewhere a while back too! They were going to incorporate them into the finale or something.. They were shipped but never used and they were instead used for D23 display. :bored:

MerlinTheGoat

I tend to agree with the gist of your post, however the tone sort of undermines an otherwise perfect message for me. You appear to blame the "people" for shopping at Wal-Mart and other corporations -- when many don't have a choice. High inflation, high unemployment, rising fuel/energy costs, before and after effects of war, lower wages, and scarce high paying and full time jobs create the perfect climate for corporations like Wal-Mart to prosper and grow -- you can't blame the "ignorant people" for this when macroeconomic conditions pressure consumers into shopping at places like Wal-Mart -- granted many people love Wal-Mart but the bigger picture is that more people are desperate and need to save as much money as possible so they will shop at whichever retailer can afford them the cheapest prices -- it's a short term gain, long term loss for consumers
I don't disagree that there are definitely a number of people who shop at Walmart out of necessity, but i've also seen tons of people who shop there for reasons of wanting a bargain despite being able to afford far more. The Walmart phenomenon isn't a new thing by any stretch, nor are they solely catering towards a poor and desperate customer base. I myself live near areas with a lot of wealth (in Naples Florida, though I live in the rural areas to avoid the higher costs of living in-town), and there are five Walmarts in the general vicinity (and one extra if you count the grocery-only variant). Two of these were built near very wealthy areas, one built right next to Marco Island which caters towards a high end clientele. And a great many of the people who shop there don't give any indication they're poor and desperate. Only one of the Walmarts in the area was even built near an area i'd even call "poor", and even that area isn't anywhere close to the level of "poor" people are ordinarily accustomed to imagining with Walmarts.

There's blame on both sides, less blame for the customers in this modern era but at the very least back when the store began to get powerful. People have shopped at Walmart and empowered them long before the economy collapsed during the 2000's. They were already the most profitable retailer by the late 80's in fact. It has put a lot of stores out of business who didn't even cater towards the poor demographic in the first place. In my area at least, it's not just the poor that are shopping at Walmart.

orlando678-

I actually think every country needs something and well not movies because I don't see them as rides until it uses 3-4d or other special effects. Also actually world showcase could add more countries than you probably think. In total world showcase lake could have around 25-30 countries around it. This is not only checked by me but also by many others on both this site as on others.

aladdin2007

I actually think every country needs something and well not movies because I don't see them as rides until it uses 3-4d or other special effects. Also actually world showcase could add more countries than you probably think. In total world showcase lake could have around 25-30 countries around it. This is not only checked by me but also by many others on both this site as on others.

Sorry but the count is off, there are not 25-30 expansion pads around World Showcase lagoon. At one time Crescent Lake was to have been an expansion area of a second ring before resorts were put around it.

edit: even once the current expansion pads were filled it would still not be as high as 25 to 30 counting current pavilions.

Siren

I don't disagree that there are definitely a number of people who shop at Walmart out of necessity, but i've also seen tons of people who shop there for reasons of wanting a bargain despite being able to afford far more. The Walmart phenomenon isn't a new thing by any stretch, nor are they solely catering towards a poor and desperate customer base. I myself live near areas with a lot of wealth (in Naples Florida, though I live in the rural areas to avoid the higher costs of living in-town), and there are five Walmarts in the general vicinity (and one extra if you count the grocery-only variant). Two of these were built near very wealthy areas, one built right next to Marco Island which caters towards a high end clientele. And a great many of the people who shop there don't give any indication they're poor and desperate. Only one of the Walmarts in the area was even built near an area i'd even call "poor", and even that area isn't anywhere close to the level of "poor" people are ordinarily accustomed to imagining with Walmarts.

There's blame on both sides, less blame for the customers in this modern era but at the very least back when the store began to get powerful. People have shopped at Walmart and empowered them long before the economy collapsed during the 2000's. They were already the most profitable retailer by the late 80's in fact. It has put a lot of stores out of business who didn't even cater towards the poor demographic in the first place. In my area at least, it's not just the poor that are shopping at Walmart.

I didn't say that *all* Wal-Mart shoppers were disadvantaged -- just that many are and have no choice. I agree with your observations of wealthy shoppers at Wal-Mart. Where we differ in opinion, is that I find it unfair to fault consumers for shopping at Wal-Mart, when everyone just wants to save money whenever they can. What do you expect to people to do? Spend twice as much and drive twice as far for the same product just because they can -- that's not a reasonable expectation. But, I always go out of my way to shop at places that I like.

And, I do blame consumers for the Black Friday on Thanksgiving Day madness

Here is link to a Wal-Mart growth chart -- it's not at all relevant to the topic but fascinating, nonetheless. http://projects.flowingdata.com/walmart/

Sigh....And yet another thread that has deviated away from the original topic.....:grumpy:
It's difficult to stay on topic because people just end up saying the same thing repeatedly. I will try to get back on topic, though.

Again, Big Hero 6 themed robotics and heath & wellness exhibits in Innoventions would be great. In the meantime, I can't wait to see the new Soarin' film and Frozen ride for 2016. I really wanted to believe the Ratatouille ride in Paris rumor because there is no reason why Disney can't build this for a fraction of cost of the DLP version and the space needed is available. Epcot needs to *add* more rides asap.

CaptainShortty

Will 2015 be the year EPCOT gets a makeover?

Confirmed: Frozen coming to Norway
Semi-confirmed: New Soaring film, projector, & theater
Rumored: New Imagination attraction
Rumored: New attraction for WoL pavilion
Rumored: Ratatouille ride for France
Rumored: UoE update

Did I miss anything? This would be in addition to Star Wars Land coming to DHS. What do you think are the chances of all of this or some of this happening?

I can tell you nothing is coming to Wonders of Life other than things associated with F&W a and F&G anytime soon. I know that for a fact.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom