2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

YodaMan

Can't wait to see this show in person!
Was everything else exactly the same as previous years?

Differences off the top of my head in comparison to last year:
No Mix n Mingle (replaced with Hocus Pocus [although there was no mingling last year])
No Villains Soiree (replaced with the Tomorrowland Party)
Oogie Booige is in Boo To You now
Club Villain has closed (no replacement)
Cruella now has a meet and greet in Storybook Circus
The Hag moved from Fantasyland near Mine Train to Liberty Square
Jack and Sally meet in the Storybook Circus location where Jack met for MVMCP instead of Town Square (where Aurora meets during the day)
Aurora keeps her daytime location in Town Square (and now Snow meets alone by the Fantasyland castle walls)
Tarzan, Jane, and Terk moved from the Adventureland Veranda to right by Swiss Robinson (because of the Cantina construction)
Aladdin/Abu and Jasmine/Genie moved from Adventureland Veranda to their usual daytime meeting spot in the Agrabah Market (because of the Cantina construction)
Jafar moved from the Agrabah market to right by Swiss Robinson (because the other Aladdin characters moved)
The Tiki Room is now a treat trail (because of the Cantina construction)
The Storybook Circus Tent treat trail has less treat buckets
Pinocchio's Village Haus is no longer a treat trail because the former PPF queue took its place

Probably more changes, but like I said, that's all the I noticed at a quick glance

photomatt

I was there last night and it seemed like there were fewer people in the park. I know that my perception is wrong and they had just as many people as in years past. It just seems like it was not as packed as last year. I think the hub really helps to disperse crowds.

I also thought the sound during Hallo-wishes was much clearer. It seemed like there was more bass than before. It really sounded great. Did anyone else notice this?

I think Disney did a great job trying to allow as many people as possible to see the new stage show. They have a midnight show, which they really could justify not doing at all. I didn't watch all of the show close-up, but from far away the costumes and stage lighting are amazing.

photomatt

Differences off the top of my head in comparison to last year:
The Tiki Room is now a treat trail (because of the Cantina construction)
They had this last year as well.
They also removed the Alice in Wonderland themed trail between Space Mountain and Toontown, or whatever they want to call it. I think it has been gone for a few years, but I still miss it.
They moved the the treat location next to Buzz Lightyear to the Carousel of Progress queue area. The old treat location is now a new meet and greet.
The Tomorrowland lighting package is now limited to lights on Space Mountain. They don't have the special lights on the outside of TTA like they used to.

brb1006

That was FANTASTIC! LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it! Castle stage shows are usually so crappy but that was so well done.
I hope Disney might do more impressive shows like this in front of the castle in the future. Especially for the resort's 50th anniversary.

Last edited:

Flyersgirl17

I'm soooo happy with the way it turned out! it look & sounded great and I love the sanderson sisters!!! Glad oogie & hades got a showing!!! I like Jafar in real face but the captain hook? WTH happened there???

dreamfinder912

Sorry if someone posted this already, but were they letting people line up early for jack? I managed to do it for the Christmas Party last year with no problem. Also, is Donald in his Halloween costume still greeting at the entrance to Storybook Circus?

YodaMan

I'm soooo happy with the way it turned out! it look & sounded great and I love the sanderson sisters!!! Glad oogie & hades got a showing!!! I like Jafar in real face but the captain hook? WTH happened there???

Yeah, there were some interesting choices here and there with the villains. Pretty sure this is the first appearance of Jafar as a face character in WDW. Maleficent also didn't have on any prosthetics (she still has them in DAWM, but not the Boo To You Parade or M&Gs). And both Hook and Hades were the "hybrids" that kinda sorta work (Hook appears like that in DAWM).

YodaMan

Sorry if someone posted this already, but were they letting people line up early for jack? I managed to do it for the Christmas Party last year with no problem. Also, is Donald in his Halloween costume still greeting at the entrance to Storybook Circus?

Yep, queues were set up and Character Attendants in place early for most of the M&Gs. And Donald and Daisy meet together in their pumpkin and princess uniforms in the Soak n Splash area.

SpectroMan93

That might have been the most fun I've had watching a WDW show in a long time. So much good all around, it's hard to believe that a show of this quality is being produced on the castle stage for once. Also, major shout out to face character Jafar. I hope the trend of swapping creepy masks for well done face characters continues.

Sped2424

They just used the weird gettup that hook wears during dream along with mickey.
5092387798_ba3f9aedf8_b.jpg

It's a terrifying sight and I don't know why it isn't fixed...

disneyworld07

What I wouldn't give to be able to fly over to the World and watch the Sanderson Sisters live! This is the best castle show that I have ever seen - and I say that just from watching peoples recordings! The pure nostalgia and the epic performance of the cast members honestly gave me goosebumps! Incredible - and my goodness Winifred deserves some serious recognition for her part! :)

I can honestly say that whilst we have always been tempted by Halloween (we love NBC and the Autumn/Fall season in general) this show has actually been the one thing which has made a Halloween trip a MUST DO for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom