2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
The party was much better back in like 2005. I went as far as to go to guest relations and ask why to eTicket attractions were closed on a night that we paid 69 extra dollars to come to. They said they weren't sure but they should be back up and running soon they weren't... I was very disappointed this visit
I definitely would keep complaining. Write a letter. some sort of perk on your next trip.

KikoKea

The party was much better back in like 2005. I went as far as to go to guest relations and ask why to eTicket attractions were closed on a night that we paid 69 extra dollars to come to. They said they weren't sure but they should be back up and running soon they weren't... I was very disappointed this visit
I agree with Baltar. Do contact them- at least they will know people are disappointed and not happy with their experience. Feedback can be helpful.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Looked like a lot more than 20,000 people there to me! Seemed like the usual slower MK day we've experienced in winter visits. And, I had short sleeves on, true. What I noticed was that in the past, we've had to actually show it to the CMs doing sweeps and at ride entrances, but guess they were being less obvious, which is good.
Just for reference. This was said earlier in the thread:
This is very inaccurate. The number never goes over 25k, no matter the night.

ToTBellHop

The party was much better back in like 2005. I went as far as to go to guest relations and ask why two eTicket attractions were closed on a night that we paid 69 extra dollars to come to. They said they weren't sure but they should be back up and running soon they weren't... I was very disappointed this visit
Sometimes rides break down.

muddyrivers

Well last night, rain delayed the start of the party. CMs did not get their treat barrels until well after 7:30/7:45 I believe? First stage show at 8 was delayed and started shortly thereafter. I stayed for "I Put a Spell on You" but not the whole show. I took a quick lap to Liberty Square and by the time I got back, the show was over (less than 20 minutes, I'm a fast walker). Perhaps it was an abbreviated show so as not to overrun much into the parade?

First parade started a little late as well (no headless horseman beforehand, presumably because of the wet pavement) and rain started to come back down about 3/4 of the way through. Lines were SUPER long at the treat stations, so I only stopped at one station.

To be honest, while I enjoyed the lighting, music, fog effects on Main Street, I was kind of disappointed with my first ever party. Not sure if the rain put a damper on a lot of things, but it was still pretty crowded, and lines everywhere were long when I was under the impression wait times were minimal during the party. Oh well, good to have seen Main Street dressed up for Halloween! :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well last night, rain delayed the start of the party. CMs did not get their treat barrels until well after 7:30/7:45 I believe? First stage show at 8 was delayed and started shortly thereafter. I stayed for "I Put a Spell on You" but not the whole show. I took a quick lap to Liberty Square and by the time I got back, the show was over (less than 20 minutes, I'm a fast walker). Perhaps it was an abbreviated show so as not to overrun much into the parade?

First parade started a little late as well (no headless horseman beforehand, presumably because of the wet pavement) and rain started to come back down about 3/4 of the way through. Lines were SUPER long at the treat stations, so I only stopped at one station.

To be honest, while I enjoyed the lighting, music, fog effects on Main Street, I was kind of disappointed with my first ever party. Not sure if the rain put a damper on a lot of things, but it was still pretty crowded, and lines everywhere were long when I was under the impression wait times were minimal during the party. Oh well, good to have seen Main Street dressed up for Halloween! :)
Hocus Pocus is 22 mins long, with Spell on You being very close to the end.

JoeCamel

I have been to many of the parties over the years and it felt more crowded last night. No real long waits for rides but just moving around was like a packed summer's day. Disturbing to see so many very young children being dragged around at 11 pm.

I do think they have oversold this event but who can blame them. Rainy Sunday night early in the season and it sells out a couple of days before. Thought it was my last MNSSHP on the way home last night and this morning I am sure it was my last.

EUmickey

How come Halloween at Disneyland is already sold out bar 2 nights and at WDW the whole month of October is available. Was this the same last year? Any expectations on what days at WDW are surely gonna sell out? The Friday's I am assuming??

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
How come Halloween at Disneyland is already sold out bar 2 nights and at WDW the whole month of October is available. Was this the same last year? Any expectations on what days at WDW are surely gonna sell out? The Friday's I am assuming??
The WDW nights tend to sell out on the day of, with a few exceptions, and of course the 31st.

slaball1

[QUOTE="muddyrivers, post: 6917424, member: 12042"First stage show at 8 was delayed and started shortly thereafter. I stayed for "I Put a Spell on You" but not the whole show. I/QUOTE]

The 12am show on 9/25 only played "I put a spell on you" then they lefted the stage, so this may have been what happened to you also.

ChristianG

Here's a shortened version of the show due to weather, featuring the other three actresses portraying the sisters. I definitely like the first group better, but I'll always love the Sanderson Sisters no matter what.

YodaMan

Here's a shortened version of the show due to weather, featuring the other three actresses portraying the sisters. I definitely like the first group better, but I'll always love the Sanderson Sisters no matter what.

As if I haven't already said enough how much I love this show, that video proves it even further. Geesh, it's nice having actual live actors that can sing and dance so that they can actually do a shortened version if need be. As much as I love Fantasmic and DAWM and all those things, it's always awkward having a recorded track when dealing with things like rain delays or cancellations or mid-performance stops. Was the shortened version of Hocus Pocus as good as the full show? Obviously not. But if you hadn't seen the full show you would never realize that anything was changed.

ght

So a question for those of you who have been to the party and stayed for the 12 am Hocus Pocus show. Do you know if the times that the busses were running back to the resorts was extended or was it until 1 am (1 hour after the "official" park close)? I am just trying to gauge how rapid an exit we will need to make after the show, we always like to meander down Main St. before we exit.

afb28

So a question for those of you who have been to the party and stayed for the 12 am Hocus Pocus show. Do you know if the times that the busses were running back to the resorts was extended or was it until 1 am (1 hour after the "official" park close)? I am just trying to gauge how rapid an exit we will need to make after the show, we always like to meander down Main St. before we exit.
buses, ferry, & resort monorail were running at 1:15am

express monorail was only thing not running

GymLeaderPhil

There will always be some form of Disney Transportation available.

muddyrivers

Hocus Pocus is 22 mins long, with Spell on You being very close to the end.

Yeah as others have said, definitely a weather shortened version as the YouTube video uploaded was basically what I saw Sunday night for the 8PM show. Oh well, thank goodness people have uploaded HQ versions of the full show for me to watch when I get home! :D

mousefreak

We were at the Halloween party on Sunday. Had a great time but OMG there were sooooo many people that we couldn't do as much as we liked to have done. Wish they would cut the number that could attend. It was crazy busy!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom