2010: Year of the Muppets?

The Muppets need a stronger presence anyways. Maybe we'll get more Muppets and less Stitch finally!

AMEN!! SO TRUE!! I would love that!
It would be so great to see more muppet attractions and characters roaming around. The campaign could be a year honoring all characters, but mostly, the muppets!;)

JEANYLASER

AMEN!! SO TRUE!! I would love that!
It would be so great to see more muppet attractions and characters roaming around. The campaign could be a year honoring all characters, but mostly, the muppets!;)
The Muppets are cute than Stitch! And I love the Muppets including Janice! Maybe The muppets can do some their vision of their Disney Movies Like the Incredibles for example!

jmuboy

This is GREAT news if true. This could be a much needed break from Princesses, Pirates, Stitch and other syrupy sweet promotions of the past few years.

RSoxNo1

Supposedly, a new Muppet Movie is in script stages right now. I wouldn't think that would allow for any new movie to arrive before 2011, but maybe they're planning on more Muppet presence in the parks in anticipation of it??

Jason Segal (Forgetting Sarah Marshall, How I Met Your Mother) is working on the script.

TP2000

This may just be a Disneyland-specific campaign. Or at least, let's hope so if they don't have any filming planned for WDW property.

I can just imagine the howls of protest if a TV commercial for WDW showed Miss Piggy riding the Matterhorn Bobsleds, while Gonzo pilots a Submarine through the lagoon, and Kermit and Fozzie Bear explore the temple at Indiana Jones. :lol:

Unless some WDW insider with sources as good as Al Lutz and Miceage can give us the scoop on when the Muppets filming at WDW begins, I think it's best to just assume this is a Disneyland event meant for TV markets west of Denver.

Disneyson 1

Does anyone remember that Muppet-Themed "quest" that was running in California Adventure (for Aprs only) for a while? Maybe they've made it mainstream now...?

Wilt Dasney

I am all for new Muppet stuff but I still don't want Disney to go Muppet mania on us, I mean I would love a Muppet ride but too much and we will have another "Stitch" crises on our hands.

I see "too much" and "Muppet" in the same sentence, but I'm not sure how those two concepts relate at all. :veryconfu

TinkerBelle8878

Too much Stitch..yes. Too much Muppets? There can never be any such thing as too much Muppets! Bring on the karate chopping Pig, the corny Bear, the Weirdo and the Bunny! Don't forget Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem!:D

THECARISMINE

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
W0000000000000T!!!
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
Love the Muppets lol

Studios Fan

I agree anything Muppets is good. At least they are finally using the property (Muppets) for something. Disney if you are reading this, the Muppet Movie Ride would be a nice start. :animwink:

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
I see "too much" and "Muppet" in the same sentence, but I'm not sure how those two concepts relate at all. :veryconfu

Agreed, the Muppets are a collection of characters with various personalities. Stitch is one creating with only one characteristic begin used (his obnoxious one too). It would be much harder to tire of them, especially when they have a broader range of emotions to display (even more than the precious "fab five").

That begin siad, they could still screw it up by doing something like putting out way to much of that unfunny Pepe freak whom Jim Henson had nothing to do with.

Marni, for once I hope you've heard wrong and that there could be work done with them at WDW. Even if only for promotional reasons Disney should take advantage of the property they fought forever to get. Using them to promote thier newest film would also be a smart thing to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom