2009 Refillable Mugs v2.0

DisneyRunner

Original Poster
I believe a new mug design was rumoured. I saw pictures of the new design appearing at WDW resorts. It holds 12 ounces, same $12.99 price. I'll be buying the mug when I go in August.

WDW1974

I'd just reuse a 1998 mug myself ... anyone want to rent one of my 11?
(they come sanitized and with a LE pin tossed in!)

hokielutz

But ya gotta be careful of unhealthy plastic and the harm it can cause from leeching chemicals, right? (reference to nanny state)

Pens24

The CM at captain cooks at the poly wouldn't let us use old mugs when i was there at the end of june...they made us buy the new wwyc mugs

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
The CM at captain cooks at the poly wouldn't let us use old mugs when i was there at the end of june...they made us buy the new wwyc mugs

Oh wow... so they are actually enforcing that then!?! :eek:

I think thats been a major part of the problem... that its never really been enforced.

WishIwasThere

Give me my old, every resort is different, refillable mugs. I view the mugs as a souvenier of the resort...and no, I'm not one of those people that bring their old mugs with them to save a few $'s. I have a mug from CR, WL, AKL, and CBR. I was hoping to keep collecting, but now they have gone to the one design for all. :brick:

nankeldisney821

We are going to find that out on July 13 :sohappy:. We always get those mugs...comes in very handy.

We will get there the same day too!! 2 more days...I can't wait! :sohappy:

I am still brining mine from last year. If I can't use them, oh well, I will buy a new one! I have so many of them from over the years anyway. I just found a DIXIE LANDINGS one in my cabinet! :)

luvlifeinfl

Oh wow... so they are actually enforcing that then!?! :eek:

I think thats been a major part of the problem... that its never really been enforced.

ok, it is enforced not using old mugs, but WDW does not seem to enforce the non resort guest to leave the park during the evening EMH. :mad:

IMPoppins

We have so many mugs from the different resorts. I can't stand clutter so having all these mugs drives me crazy and I toss them! I wish Disney would let you bring your old mugs and charge a flat rate, for refills, for the length of your stay (not the full $12.99.) I know they do this at the waterparks on a per day basis.

mitchk

They were selling them (I bought one) at All Star Sports when I was there in late March. I guess I don't have to buy a new one for my trip in Sept. :lookaroun

cymbaldiva

I believe a new mug design was rumoured. I saw pictures of the new design appearing at WDW resorts. It holds 12 ounces, same $12.99 price. I'll be buying the mug when I go in August.

You had my hopes up - I was hoping you meant really new, as opposed to "slight variation of earlier this year" new ...

Not a fan of the generic mugs - just a little bit ugly :hurl:

EPCOTPluto

Yea I was surprised that they enforced it
If I may place an anecdote here...

On a recent visit to the resort I was staying, our refillable mug broke from a nasty fall that cracked its bottom edge. I would end up using a plastic cup we used for our lunch some time ago. I guess it was wrong timing, but when filling it up in the food court, a CM walked to me, telling me that wasn't allowed. I am not sure why, but I said I was getting a drink for our lunch. She then walked away quickly after apologizing. I would later saw the same CM around as I went for another drink. We'd eventually buy another refillable mug.
It was becoming embarrassing. :eek:
The point is that it is enforced every now and then, but sometimes Cast Members simply would not tell people about the rules for refillable mugs. I am just saying....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom