2009 Refillable Mugs v2.0

GrumpyFan

Same here. It looks very cheap to me - not worth the $12.99.
At least bump it down to $10 even.:shrug:

I'm not a fan of the generic mugs either, and no, they're not worth $12.99. However, if you're staying for more than 5 or 6 days, and you drink a lot of soda or milk or coffee, etc. they can pay for themselves. We will usually buy them and carry them with us all day. We'll stop in the morning on the way to the parks and get a drink, then wash them out when we get to the park, and stick 'em in a backpack. Then in the evening upon returning to our resort/room, we'll stop and get something to take back to the room.

You're not supposed to do it, but we've also refilled them a time or two at other resorts during the day. And since they're now generic and non-resort specific, they can't really stop or question you.

promod1955

Gotcha. I thought this was maybe a newer verison of the ones earlier this year. We got one in Feb. I must of drank $50 in soda that trip. Got my moneys worth for sure!

techiegsy

Well we found on the dining plan (DDP) that we never paid for extra drinks, we would have only wanted water anyway. We had a QS breakfast and got a juice and water, with 3 of us we seemed to always have enough, maybe having to buy some in the parks and you get refillable drinks at dinner, so we would have wasted money...

The Conundrum

Those two CM's who told you folks to stop using your other mugs must have been newly hired and were unaware of the policy (which is not to bother guests about refillable mugs).

alanbrai

Same here. It looks very cheap to me - not worth the $12.99.At least bump it down to $10if even.:shrug:

As GrumyFan stated "if you're staying for more than 5 or 6 days, and you drink a lot of soda or milk or coffee, etc. they can pay for themselves." When I was down in the World last month I was ther for 15 days. I bout the refillable mug (which I do buy a new one on every trip, I believe in following the rules) I had refilled that mug 29 times with coffee and 33 times with soda. With the price of coffe at $1.89 and soda at $2.55 that would make a savings of $125.12.

So yea i think 12.99 plus tax is well worth it

elizs77

Same here. It looks very cheap to me - not worth the $12.99.
At least bump it down to $10 even.:shrug:

Yeah, but you're not just buying a cup. I would never buy one of these for $10 or $12.99. You're also buying the privledge of the unlimited drinks. We DO drink a lot of diet soda around here, and it is well worth the price. It certainly saves us money through the duration.

jakeman

We got one of the new mugs on our last trip and since it no longer has the "divet" in the bottom it seems to hold more. Additionally the plastice seems to be thinner also possibily allowing more volume.

They are the same height and diameter at the top as the old mugs.

While I do miss the resort specific mugs, the new "shape" of the mug is a positive in my book.

chipndale72

I too preferred the resort graphic mugs but prefer the newer slimmer style mug. However with regards to using one on each trip depends for me on what resort I am staying at and the location my room is too the drinks station. With regards to people using old mugs to refill without paying, I've seen this loads of times, maybe I'm being a bit single minded on this, but I do regard it as theft. Maybe a way forward would be to introduce the system that is in the water parks, where you need to purchase either just the barcode or barcode and cup together to be able to refill your cup.

Mouseketeer67

I just had my niece bring back a refillable mug for me last week while she was staying at All Star Sports. I like the idea of collecting them from the different resorts. Ive got one from WL, CS, and PC. I use a different one each morning for my coffee to remind me of great times.:)

mjmyers

I miss the resort specific mugs. The first thing I would do when arriving to a new hotel was to purchase a mug. My fav is still the WL mug (20 oz). Hopefully some day, they will go back to resort specific. They would save money on designing new mugs every year (or every 2 to 3 years).

epcotWSC

I purchase the mugs as a souvenir for my whole trip (instead of wasting money on something else I don't need). Plus it's cost efficient if you spend a lot of time in the resorts. After about 7 drinks it pays for itself.

kerrie

my sister inlaw just got back from disney and they are all one size not like the others no smaller bottom and they have a red background with the fab 5 on them. but she stayed at pop resort

wcduke

Hmmm....I really like the look of the original "Celebrate" mug with the contoured, white lower half over this new design. Does anyone know if they are selling both versions of the mugs? Or have they completely switched over to the new design, and the original design is now gone?

flynnibus

Premium Member
At allstar sports last month there is just one mug - with two different colored tops. One yellow, one red-ish.

My only gripe is they are too small aka don't hold enough. They are probably only 12oz dry.. put some ice in there and it doesn't seem to hold like 8oz. Not an issue if you are sitting in the food court, but they aren't really travel mugs. Need more... :)

jakeman

Hmmm....I really like the look of the original "Celebrate" mug with the contoured, white lower half over this new design. Does anyone know if they are selling both versions of the mugs? Or have they completely switched over to the new design, and the original design is now gone?
As of June 12th at the DAK Lodge Jambo House they still had plenty of each. I know it's a month old information but...:shrug:

fosse76

I purchase the mugs as a souvenir for my whole trip (instead of wasting money on something else I don't need). Plus it's cost efficient if you spend a lot of time in the resorts. After about 7 drinks it pays for itself.

Actually, it doesn't, if you exclude Disney's profit margin on beverages. In which case it would probably be around 100-300 refills before you actually get your money's worth. It just depends on Disney's actual costs for the mugs. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom