2 Teeny observations - new receipts & no more free cheese sauce

MKCP 1985

So, you CAN still get cheese sauce? You just have to ask for it when you order, and it is FREE? And you can get it for your fries if you ask for it? and it is still FREE?

Well, that's good.

maggiegrace1

Two really tiny observations I forgot to mention from last Saturday's trip. First off, all the receipts on property have the new "Disney Parks" logo. They're also the shiny, more plastic feeling paper you see sometimes. (The kind that always ends up totally fading within a month?) It's not the papery paper it used to be.

Looks like this:

wdw-oct06-receipt.jpg

Also, I was shocked and horrified to find there was no cheese sause at the topping bar in Cosmic Ray's. A big napkin bowl was covering the place the pumps used to be. I asked a CM if they were out for the evening or they had discontinued it. He said you had to get it from one of the counters now. I asked at the sandwhich counter (there was no line) and she said only the burger line has it and it's now a charge. There's no mention of it on the menu so I'm not sure how much you get or how much it costs.

This stinks because I know Love's not the only one who enjoyed a little cheese sauce with his his burger and fries. He only needed one small cup full and if it's anything like MGM, it'll be a bowl for like a buck something. Which (a) is kinda expensive just for some cheese sauce and (b) more than most people would ever need anyway. Just seems like a real bummer they aren't offering it anymore. I assume this means you can't get it free with your hot dog at Casey's Corner either. :( This to me, is like charging for a small cup of ketchup. It just adds a much higher cost than it's worth for something that was just a nice touch.

R.I.P. free-flowing cheese.
-m

Sad about the cheese sauce...:lookaroun

But completely off topic..who is Love?

MMP

You have to ask for cheese at the counter. The reason they took it out was because people were burning themselves on the hot cheese dispenser, at least that's why Pecos took it out, I assume everyone else was having the same problem.

Slowjack

Actually I'm the opposite. I think it just makes it more generic, and I would like "Walt Disney World" instead. (or the other park you happen to be at).
I agree with you 100%. I think Disney may have overthought this whole "Disney Parks" thing. When you are at WDW, you want to be reminded you are at this specific magical place. "Disney Parks" sounds like what it is--corporate branding.

gbruenin

Actually I'm the opposite. I think it just makes it more generic, and I would like "Walt Disney World" instead. (or the other park you happen to be at).

I agree as well. I think the logo is great, but wish the words would reflect the location, using that parks distinctive font.

slappy magoo

Sad about the cheese sauce...:lookaroun

I assumed either a present or future MR.M?

I get the impression WDW talked about charging for cheese, but decided to keep it free, while still making it something customers have to request, in order to cut down on waste.

When I was in high school (20 years ago now, holy crap), I worked at a local BK, and in order to cut down on waste, they started implementing limits on how much ketchup you gave a customer. One packet for each sandwich and fries ordered. Not one packet for the sandwich and one packet for the fries. One packet for each sandwich and fries together. If people asked for more, we should give them 2 more, and if they ask for more, then ask them how many they want. Yeah, that makes the customer happy. I mean, *I* can use 3 ketchups on a small fry myself, but unless a customer said "I want enough ketchup to legally drown a man in ketchup," you were SOL.

tecowdw

Not sure about now, but back in September, the Disneyland receipts all had a "Disneyland Resort" logo printing on them similar to this new one in size. It was the castle/grizzly peak logo. I liked it so I hope they haven't changed it to this more general "Disney Parks" logo. I too would like to see something specific to WDW ~ as well as Hilton Head and Vero Beach to have their own. My guess is this is for the national marketing campaign currently going and will change whenever the next marketing blitz comes around.

tecowdw

I agree with you 100%. I think Disney may have overthought this whole "Disney Parks" thing. When you are at WDW, you want to be reminded you are at this specific magical place. "Disney Parks" sounds like what it is--corporate branding.

On the other hand, so many people call the Florida park Disneyland anyway that maybe this generic one makes more sense to the public at large.

As for those of you that call it Disneyland, you do not belong here!
:fork:

niteobsrvr

The last time I ate at the Electric Umbrella in Future World, cheese was available only if ordered and there was a charge for it. I beleive it was eiher Fifty Cents or a dollar for a small plastic foodservice container full. (the size you usually get slad dressing in at some places.)

MickeyTigg

I agreee. If they're going to go through the bother of printing a logo...why not make them park specific?

MissM

Original Poster
The guy in my avatar with me. ;)

I cant see them charging you for cheese sauce at some locations but giving it to you free on the other side of the park, so I'm willing to bet that the cheese sauce is still free at Cosmic Rays, you just have to ask for it.
Well I know MGM does charge for it. So I figured since they removed the free dispenser, that it moved to the same format. The line was too long on the Burger side to go back and ask and I didn't hit Casey's that night. If it is still free, that's wonderful news.

I think it's too generic myself. I was bummed when I saw it didn't say "Walt Disney World." The logo is fine, but I wish it was less generic.
-m

mikeb_86

What!!!! So thare's no more Free Cheese Sauce? Man that is some good cheese that me and my family when we go dip in our fries. I guss i have to pay for it now right? O well Nice new Receipts!!!

Ha... I know, it's just one of my pet peeves whensomething is said quite few times in a thread, and no one pays enough attention to realize it.

Then they keep going on about the thing that hasn't really happened, but they still believe it because they hadn't read anything different within that thread, even though the information had already been disproven in the first place.

Oy with the poodles already!

WDWKat26

Hey,
Just thought i'd let 'yall know that
1. I didn't know that Cosmic Ray's had cheese sauce...
2. You can always walk right over to Casey's and get the free cheese sauce.
3. Usually Pecos Bill's has cheese sauce too (they didn't last week...but it's low attendance...)

MissM

Original Poster
Hey,
Just thought i'd let 'yall know that
1. I didn't know that Cosmic Ray's had cheese sauce...
2. You can always walk right over to Casey's and get the free cheese sauce.
3. Usually Pecos Bill's has cheese sauce too (they didn't last week...but it's low attendance...)
1. It always has. (As did Pinocchio Haus back when it was a burger location as well. In fact, it's where we first discovered the cheese sauce!)
2. It appears that (though I can not confirm this personally), the self-serve pumps have been removed at the locations within MK. The cheese has been moved to behind the counter and is available reportedly from others without charge.
3. Attendence at any one location does not appear to be a factor in the self-serve pumps being removed, though it's speculation at best as to the exact reason for the change. (Burn risk? Excessive abuse of the condiment? Centralizing the sauce due to chili cheese fry offerings now being served? Etc.)
I'm most likely heading out there next weekend again, and Love will certainly want his cheese sauce with his burger, so we'll inquire about it personally and I'll be happy to flush out more information if possible then. :)
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom