2 Teeny observations - new receipts & no more free cheese sauce

SpongeScott

The new Receipts fade because they are Thermal Printers instead of Ink they use heat to print out a image on the paper. Personally I hate them I like to have all my receipts not faded out when I get home so I can enter them in my checkbook after using my Debit Card. But as Technology goes everyones switching to the thremals to save money.
If they fade by the time you get home, why don't you borrow a pen from the CM when he/she hands you your receipt and write the amount down on the receipt in ink? That way you'll be able to read it when you get home. Which leads me to ask: how fast does the ink fade out or how long are your trips to WDW?

WDWKat26

1. It always has. (As did Pinocchio Haus back when it was a burger location as well. In fact, it's where we first discovered the cheese sauce!)
2. It appears that (though I can not confirm this personally), the self-serve pumps have been removed at the locations within MK. The cheese has been moved to behind the counter and is available reportedly from others without charge.
3. Attendence at any one location does not appear to be a factor in the self-serve pumps being removed, though it's speculation at best as to the exact reason for the change. (Burn risk? Excessive abuse of the condiment? Centralizing the sauce due to chili cheese fry offerings now being served? Etc.)
I'm most likely heading out there next weekend again, and Love will certainly want his cheese sauce with his burger, so we'll inquire about it personally and I'll be happy to flush out more information if possible then. :)
-m

I was at Casey's not even a week ago, and they had the cheese sauce. I remember that Pinnocchio's had the sauce too, but now you have to pay for it there too.

Bravesfn1

1. I'm most likely heading out there next weekend again, and Love will certainly want his cheese sauce with his burger, so we'll inquire about it personally and I'll be happy to flush out more information if possible then. :)
-m

Yes, please keep us posted on the development of this cheese sauce story. It is very important that we receive constant updates so we all know the proper way we can secure our cheese sauce on upcoming trips to WDW. If they are charging for it now, you should start a web campaign to "Save the Cheese Sauce at the MK".......This is your mission if you choose to accept it, this message will self destruct in 5 minutes.

Dwarful

Hey, cheese sauce is serious business for some people....actually my husband likes to add a bit of the stuff to his fries..personally I devour the mushrooms and onions! I surely hope that Disney..in going healthy isn't going to keep us all on diets on our vacations..I like many others like to splurge at WDW for things I can't get at home....Rice Cream in Norway, Dole Whips etc.! you get the idea.....how about save the junk food campaign.

SGT623

WOW! At first I was hoping this was just a freak mishap, but it is gone for real! ARRRRRH! I don't want to have to ask someone for it. I want to get my own in my own qty. at the condiment bar and be able to go back quickly for more if need and not wait in the line again. This stinks.

Rogue71371

Two really tiny observations I forgot to mention from last Saturday's trip. First off, all the receipts on property have the new "Disney Parks" logo. They're also the shiny, more plastic feeling paper you see sometimes. (The kind that always ends up totally fading within a month?) It's not the papery paper it used to be.

Looks like this:

wdw-oct06-receipt.jpg

Also, I was shocked and horrified to find there was no cheese sause at the topping bar in Cosmic Ray's. A big napkin bowl was covering the place the pumps used to be. I asked a CM if they were out for the evening or they had discontinued it. He said you had to get it from one of the counters now. I asked at the sandwhich counter (there was no line) and she said only the burger line has it and it's now a charge. There's no mention of it on the menu so I'm not sure how much you get or how much it costs.

This stinks because I know Love's not the only one who enjoyed a little cheese sauce with his his burger and fries. He only needed one small cup full and if it's anything like MGM, it'll be a bowl for like a buck something. Which (a) is kinda expensive just for some cheese sauce and (b) more than most people would ever need anyway. Just seems like a real bummer they aren't offering it anymore. I assume this means you can't get it free with your hot dog at Casey's Corner either. :( This to me, is like charging for a small cup of ketchup. It just adds a much higher cost than it's worth for something that was just a nice touch.

R.I.P. free-flowing cheese.
-m

THE CHEESE IS NOT FREE! AND I CAN PROVE IT! SEE BELOW!!!

So, we all think the cheese in Disney is free. Well, actually if you look close at the receipt pictured, you will notice that Disney charged 30 cents tax for an item that cost $4.50. It should be 27 cents!!! (Florida sales tax is 6%)

I am of the belief that Disney does this to cover the costs of the "free" cheese.

Just something to think about. :lol:

luckyeye13

THE CHEESE IS NOT FREE! AND I CAN PROVE IT! SEE BELOW!!!

So, we all think the cheese in Disney is free. Well, actually if you look close at the receipt pictured, you will notice that Disney charged 30 cents tax for an item that cost $4.50. It should be 27 cents!!! (Florida sales tax is 6%)

I am of the belief that Disney does this to cover the costs of the "free" cheese.

Just something to think about. :lol:

Actually, I think sales tax is 6.5 % in Orange County and 7.0% in Osceola County. Your reasoning is funnier, though. :D

I believe you would be correct just like here in tampa where I live, its 7% because we have to pay for the stupid Tampa stadium (excuse me Ramond James Stadium aka houlihan stadium) that the Bucs didnt need, just so they would have a better place for them to loose in.

And fyi I just checked on the rates with the state of florida website and its 7% Osceola County and 6.5% for Orange County. I vote well all move to montana where there is no sales tax.

Wilt Dasney

I believe you would be correct just like here in tampa where I live, its 7% because we have to pay for the stupid Tampa stadium (excuse me Ramond James Stadium aka houlihan stadium) that the Bucs didnt need, just so they would have a better place for them to loose in.

Yikes, man. They won the Super Bowl just 4 years ago. One bad season doesn't bring back the Orange Popsicle uniforms and John McKay on the sidelines. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom