2/16 Spaceship Earth Update

peter11435

Original Poster
Just back from an evening at Epcot. There were some noticeable changes and fixes around the attraction.

-As already reported Siemens is now on the main attraction sign. It appears that the entire sign has been replaced.

-The entrance ramp has been repaved and repainted

-The blue lights around the entrance tunnel have returned.

-There is some new lighting in the Rome scene. It gives an orange-ish flicker to the wall on the opposite side of the horses.

-Also as reported the steam has returned in the newspaper scene.

-The Fiber optic stars on the back wall behind the future city have retuned and look great. They are now very bright.

-The Lightning effect on the descent has been fixed.

-There is now a new sign in the post show area. Sorry about the picture being so blurry. The sign reads " Coming Soon Ingenuity brings the future to life on SpaceShip Earth." The wall has also been repainted. It now has a gold-ish look.

- The pavement in the exit tunnels has been repainted.

The ride still has the traditional SSE roughness to it, but the sound in my car was much louder and clearer than I have heard it in a long time.

In other Epcot news:

- The fog has returned to desert transition in Living With the Land.

-The inferno barge was in the show tonight and looked great.

-The misaimed Lighting on SSE's exterior as been fixed.

-The lights on the wand have been replaced (that’s what the crane was doing). A couple of weeks ago there were 24 out on the parking lot side. Tonight they were all lit.

- Many of the directional signs around Future World now have their spinning tops working. 6 were working perfectly, 3 were working partially, and 2 were not working at all. This is a lot better than how it has been for months with almost none of them working.

DCP_2238.JPG

DCP_2229.JPG

Epcot82Guy

I think this is all great news. Thanks for the update. REALLY looking forward to the Siemens SSE and post-show. Not to be nitpicky, but it looks like the new signs were mishung. There are three grey spots that look like brackets above the top of the sign in the pics. Am I mis-seeing this?

yensidtlaw1969

Thanks for the Update! Sounds great! Siemens definately has their head on straight with this attraction, especially with the apparent replacement of the Global Neighborhood. This can only be good (I hope) !

:D

Yensid ":sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: " tlaw1969

peter11435

Original Poster
Epcot82Guy said:
There are three grey spots that look like brackets above the top of the sign in the pics. Am I mis-seeing this?

Yeah I noticed the same thing. In fact thats what makes me think these were entirely new signs and not simply just the Siemens part added.

orlandorealtor

I saw that too this evening. The signs looked new to me, same style...but something was different (aside from 'seimens'). The area around the brackets looked chipped and not painted.

Magicot

Thankyou soo much for the update! This is very exciting news for SSE!! :sohappy: Exterior updates, interior updates, post-show updates- Siemens is truly my new hero! I stand by my signiture!

Magicot

ky020906i.jpg

DCP_2229.JPG

:eek: Wow, that new aqua swoop looks very familiar! Check out the similarities between the new painted swoop on SSE and a strickingly similar swoop found on an old EPCOT Center performance/color guard flag. Could Siemens be emulating classic Epcot, or is this just a coincidence? Hmmm...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Magicot said:
:eek: Wow, that new aqua swoop looks very familiar! Check out the similarities between the new painted swoop on SSE and a strickingly similar swoop found on an old EPCOT Center performance/color guard flag. Could Siemens be emulating classic Epcot, or is this just a coincidence? Hmmm...

I thought the same thing of the reto swoop paint job.

Good to see that Epcot's Icon is getting some much needed love. Though... it still needs a lot of work. But this is a step in the right direction, for sure. Thanks for the update, peter11435. :wave:

SirNim

In regards to the new SE sign, it seems with the two pics I've seen of it that the words "SPACESHIP EARTH" are merely "painted" on the sign, unlike their former incarnation in which they were 3-dimensional and backlit at night. Can anybody confirm the new sign is still 3-dimensional and lights up at night?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom