1st M: S park guest test today

Centrifugeer

Original Poster
M: S opened to park guests this afternoon at 4 o'clock. It will most likely only be open for a couple of hours but the goodness has begun. It's looking better for those who are planning a trip in mid-June to get a chance to ride, barring any unforseen circumstances.

Disney and the Imagineers must be feeling pretty good about this ride to open it to guests so soon after turnover.

SirNim

Originally posted by Centrifugeer
M: S opened to park guests this afternoon at 4 o'clock. It will most likely only be open for a couple of hours but the goodness has begun. It's looking better for those who are planning a trip in mid-June to get a chance to ride, barring any unforseen circumstances.

Disney and the Imagineers must be feeling pretty good about this ride to open it to guests so soon after turnover.
:eek: :lookaroun :sohappy: :sohappy:

THAT'S ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC!:D :sohappy:

I only wish I was there!:rolleyes: :mad: :lol:
:)

Centrifugeer

Original Poster
Originally posted by RnRCJohn
Does this mean its going to be open tomorrow?

John

Not sure. It's not likely that it's going to be open every day, though if few problems are encountered it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. When it is open it will most likely be for a couple of hours here and there.

If I were to guess a good time to check it out to see if it's open, mid-to-late afternoon would be it. Morning more than likely wouldn't be a good time since the Imagineers and maintenance are addressing any problems encountered the day before. However, if all keeps going well they may have a full day test eventually. It would make sense to put it through it's paces prior to the soft opening.

neelix

I will be there in T Minus 6 days just so I can get on and say
"My brains are going into my feet!!!!!!!!!!!"

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Epcot is my fav
wait what are the curcimstances?

it's using guests as guinea pigs... fine tuning the ride itself, and training CM's

how long is it opened?

a few hours at a time

how many people can go on it?

random amounts

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by AndyMagic
WHOOOHOOOOO!!!!! June 23rd, here I come!!

don't jump the gun andy... no guarantees. It's not even on the park map yet...

all Disney needs at this point are some guinea pigs

ISTCrew20

Not that I wanna rub it in, but I TOLD YOU SO....(sig lol)

I wasnt planning on going til Wednesday, but looks like I will be going tomorrow, so, as usual, look for "Room1313's Mission Space and WDW report" tomorrow. I cant wait.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by room1313@TTZTOT
Not that I wanna rub it in, but I TOLD YOU SO....(sig lol)

bah...

it's not a soft opening... it's a test... the exact same thing that guests were doing back in february. In that case, you could say that the soft opening began in February.

The cast is still being trained, and they need people to train them on. Also, the centrifuges are still being fine tuned. That's what happening... not a soft opening.

AndyMagic

Originally posted by mkt
don't jump the gun andy... no guarantees. It's not even on the park map yet...

all Disney needs at this point are some guinea pigs
This is true. I'll try and not get my hopes up but this certainly seems like good news. Quick question: Was this guest opening one where they pull random guests, or did they just open the courtyard and wait for guests to start coming in?

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by AndyMagic
This is true. I'll try and not get my hopes up but this certainly seems like good news. Quick question: Was this guest opening one where they pull random guests, or did they just open the courtyard and wait for guests to start coming in?

have you seen the vanilla coke commercials? reward your curiosity. something like a mix of that, and when they needed more people, CM's will go out in the nearby area and ask willing guests to "follow them"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom