1986 - The House of the Future: Week 9

Mickeynerd17

Ok, in all seriousness, I think we have plenty of ideas to choose from, so starting from the first idea, chicken little, lets discuss pros and cons. Let's narrow it down to a couple and then have a vote from there.

Updated Ideas:

CHICKEN LITTLE!!!!!!!!!

Star Wars Park

Space Station/ Outer Space

Space Western

Imagination

Music Park

Muppet Park

Real-World-Location Park

Lost Atlantis Water Park

Lost Worlds Park

"Epic Universe" Park

DashHaber

Ok, in all seriousness, I think we have plenty of ideas to choose from, so starting from the first idea, chicken little, lets discuss pros and cons. Let's narrow it down to a couple and then have a vote from there.

Updated Ideas:

CHICKEN LITTLE!!!!!!!!!

Star Wars Park

Space Station/ Outer Space

Space Western

Imagination

Music Park

Muppet Park

Real-World-Location Park

Lost Atlantis Water Park

Lost Worlds Park

"Epic Universe" Park
So, in terms of the ideas I'm fond of...

Imagination
+ Striking theme with a lot of potential
+ Interesting possibilities for lands and IP usage
+ Could help to teach and inspire creativity
- May seem a little mismatched on lands, depending on execution

Music Park
+ Timeless theme that anyone could get
+ Good variety thanks to music genres
+ Good match with Disney, thanks to history of memorable music
- Certain areas might seem dated, depending on shifts in music styles

Muppet Park
+ Muppets are a lot of fun
+ Instant connection for a lot of families
+ Plenty of immersion with one IP
- We lose people who don't like the Muppets

Last edited:

Mickeynerd17

So, in terms of the ideas I'm fond of...

Imagination
+ Striking theme with a lot of potential
+ Interesting possibilities for lands and IP usage
+ Could help to teach and inspire creativity
- May seem a little mismatched on lands, depending on execution

Music Park
+ Timeless theme that anyone could get
+ Good variety thanks to music genres
+ Good match with Disney, thanks to history of memorable music
- Certain areas might seem dated, depending on shifts in music styles

Muppet Park
+ Muppets are a lot of fun
+ Instant connection for a lot of families
+ Plenty of immersion with one IP
- We lose people who don't like the Muppets
Great points! I appreciate your well-thought-out comments.

What exactly do you mean about mismatched lands with the Imagination idea?

AceAstro

Here are my votes:

- Lost Worlds Park. I think it could be a lot of fun as there are a ton of “Lost Worlds” both on earth and not to do. My main concern is making it not Islands of Adventure.

- Muppets park. Obviously a whole park themed to the Muppets would be a blast. It leaves it broad enough each land can be anything while still connected. My main concern is the Muppets are definitely becoming more and more niche so a whole park themed to them could be risky.

- Music park. I think this could work. You have lands themed to different genres (Like Trolls World Tour). My main concern is taking the vast knowledge of music and squeezing it into 5 lands

Mickeynerd17

Here are my votes:

- Lost Worlds Park. I think it could be a lot of fun as there are a ton of “Lost Worlds” both on earth and not to do. My main concern is making it not Islands of Adventure.

- Muppets park. Obviously a whole park themed to the Muppets would be a blast. It leaves it broad enough each land can be anything while still connected. My main concern is the Muppets are definitely becoming more and more niche so a whole park themed to them could be risky.

- Music park. I think this could work. You have lands themed to different genres (Like Trolls World Tour). My main concern is taking the vast knowledge of music and squeezing it into 5 lands
Excellent points!

I'm more in favor of the music and lost world's park generally because of the fact that the Muppets have become less and less known to the general public. I mean, there is only one Muppet vision left, and mabye a couple of shows??? I feel it would be too risky.

That's my opinion though!

NigelChanning

Here are some notes:

Lost Worlds can be super fun and along the level of immersion of DisneySea. Someone said it may be too much like IoA but I feel like that is way more of an IP park than anything else.

Muppets is my favorite suggestion so far. The Muppets are beloved characters and have unfortunately stepped out of the spotlight because of Disney’s negligence. But, every time they’ve appeared (Muppets Now for example) there’s been a large crowd! It could be so fun to do a Muppets park!

Outbound

Question for Muppets: if we did it, what lands would it entail? Would we try and make the entire park a Muppets Studios with each land themed to a different group? (Ex: an Electric Mayhem land, a Muppets Labs land, a Miss Piggy land, etc) or would we have a different theme with the Muppets underlying characters (ex: theme to Disney's America, only with the Muppets hosting).

Overall, my preferred concept would be something with a clear and immersive theme. Right now, I'm leaning in favor of Space Western, Star Wars, and Lost Worlds.

Mickeynerd17

Question for Muppets: if we did it, what lands would it entail? Would we try and make the entire park a Muppets Studios with each land themed to a different group? (Ex: an Electric Mayhem land, a Muppets Labs land, a Miss Piggy land, etc) or would we have a different theme with the Muppets underlying characters (ex: theme to Disney's America, only with the Muppets hosting).

Overall, my preferred concept would be something with a clear and immersive theme. Right now, I'm leaning in favor of Space Western, Star Wars, and Lost Worlds.
Excellent!

What's your reasoning behind the themes your in favor of?

Outbound

Excellent!

What's your reasoning behind the themes your in favor of?
They’re all very cohesive. I worry with some of the others, they’re cool concepts, but in execution might turn into “throw a bunch of obscure lands together”.

That said, I’m totally onboard with what the team decides. They’re all solid ideas I just think some would work better than others.

Mickeynerd17

I feel like Star Wars is everywhere these days and I think after the sequel trilogy, the popularity will slowly fizzle out. That’s why I don’t really like the idea of a Star Wars theme park.
This is my reasoning too.

The ideas that I'm in favor of are:

Space Station: This would be a killer park if we went Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser style and have it almost entirely indoors as a space station. Imagine all the ride possibilities! Lunar Rover slot car ride, the jetpack ride-thing proposed for a space pavilion to replace Horizons, Earth re-entry drop tower, The puke plane rollercoaster (themed to the plane used to simulate weightlessness in earth gravity), the ideas are just immense! Also, I'm a big sucker for anything space related.

The only downsides I see are realism and the "epcot syndrome" as I'm calling it. Realism because it would be expensive as HECK to make an entire disney park indoors, but if Ferrari World can do it, we can too! Epcot syndrome because it would look really dated in 20 years if we went for realistic space. This can be fixed if we followed the famous words of @mickeyfan5534 , "more tomorrowland, more fantasy."

Space Western (mainly because it can be lumped into the one above if done correctly.)

Music Park: There are so many genres of music that we would have no problem with ideas. The only issue with this is most people wouldn't know who 3/4ths of the composers/songs used are, mainly I'm not sure people would understand the context therefore reducing the overall experience.

AceAstro

Music Park: There are so many genres of music that we would have no problem with ideas. The only issue with this is most people wouldn't know who 3/4ths of the composers/songs used are, mainly I'm not sure people would understand the context therefore reducing the overall experience.
I'd argue the other side that there are so many great genres that limiting it down to 5 will be quite hard.

Outbound

I think Disney Lucasfilm does tv series (I haven’t any comics or books, so I can’t say anything on that) better than the films.
I think the ST is an exception to Lucasfilm. I think the Mandalorian is an example of how they're finding their way.

I'll also throw in a vote for Space Station because I think it and Space Western are very similar concepts at their core.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom