1986 - The House of the Future: Week 2

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I like these amendments. Makes more sense, I kind of just tacked the time period on at the end to get my idea out before everyone voted something else haha, it was a panic writeup.

Also, I don't want anyone to think I was forcing this idea down anyone's throats, that wasn't my intent at all, I was just stewing on this idea since before we finished Harbortown and I was really excited to present it and also (admittedly) kind of married to it already as the lull in action during the Veto projects and being out of work had me dwelling quite a bit. So yeah, please don't think I was being too stubborn or throwing a tantrum or anything as that wasn't my intent at all, I would've gone along with whatever we decided, I just kind of liked the island story idea haha
Granted, I skimmed a bit to catch up on 6 pages lol. But I didn't get the feeling you were trying to force anything or be too pushy.

I'm not really enjoying any of the ideas rn but I'm also having a trash mental health day so I will back whatever gets the votes (which seems to be @PerGronStudio )

Not that anyone's ideas are bad I just having a bad time with my brain so my brain hates everything.

We all have days like that. (Well, maybe not all. But I've definitely been there). Hopefully there'll be stuff here you like. Or at least one part you'll get into it.

In the meantime, would it cheer you up to join me in schoolyard bullying Space?

It takes one to know one
tongue out GIF

PerGron

Alright, well with a measly 72 hours to work and most people with work/school/lives outside of this, I hate to rush through this, but I think we need to divide and conquer. Let's start brainstorming attractions and see what sticks. By tomorrow night, we should all have some stuff to work on ideally

DashHaber

Alright, well with a measly 72 hours to work and most people with work/school/lives outside of this, I hate to rush through this, but I think we need to divide and conquer. Let's start brainstorming attractions and see what sticks. By tomorrow night, we should all have some stuff to work on ideally
@Pi on my Cake at least has helped out a little with that. I like his idea of those three attractions, if we want to go without any IPs for our Adventureland.

NigelChanning

I missed out on a lot! Well, what matters is that I’m here now! I really like the three act structure idea for Adventureland! Especially the second act, which I believe was greed. I know we’re not wanting to put any IP’s in this land BUT we could include a bit of an Aztec/Incas approach and include an attraction based on one of Disney’s greediest characters:
0B5140FA-9CE1-4EB0-9A99-CB73CC0812B5.gif

It’s a beloved IP and the anti-greed message is right there into the open.

PerGron

I agree with Pi's three act structure, but I do think sirens and treasure is maybe just a bit too close to the Haunted Lighthouse (another treasure curse greed tale), but other than that I like the idea of temptation being the theme of the ride.

Of course, we will also need restaurants, shops, and general theming. I think having a game or activity would be important as well, and just fleshing the land out some more. Let's toss out ideas and see what sticks

pix

We all have days like that. (Well, maybe not all. But I've definitely been there). Hopefully there'll be stuff here you like. Or at least one part you'll get into it.

In the meantime, would it cheer you up to join me in schoolyard bullying Space?

tongue out GIF

I'm rubber @spacemt354 is glue what ever he says to me gets him called out on a public internet forum

DashHaber

I agree with Pi's three act structure, but I do think sirens and treasure is maybe just a bit too close to the Haunted Lighthouse (another treasure curse greed tale), but other than that I like the idea of temptation being the theme of the ride.

Of course, we will also need restaurants, shops, and general theming. I think having a game or activity would be important as well, and just fleshing the land out some more. Let's toss out ideas and see what sticks
Perhaps the boat ride takes guests through a hidden temple, with glittering treasures and gems all around! Of course, a few explorers in the temple might try to claim it, with ill-fated results...

I'm not sure of specifics, but that imagine of a glittering temple that stands as real temptation does leap to mind.

PerGron

This art really stands out to me. Maybe this could be the Consequence area with people trying to destroy whatever that thing’s land so it fights back. It can also promote like conservation and stuff
I love myself some speculative creatures, so I totally think that the E-ticket ride should 100% work alongside the parameters of animals that could exist, but probably don't. Giant lemurs are one I have in my head (could be the Madagascar motifs, could be a big inspiration was the island of Lemuria, and could be that I just love lemurs) but other speculative creatures should show up around the land too

NigelChanning

Perhaps the boat ride takes guests through a hidden temple, with glittering treasures and gems all around! Of course, a few explorers in the temple might try to claim it, with ill-fated results...

I'm not sure of specifics, but that imagine of a glittering temple that stands as real temptation does leap to mind.
That sounds a little too similar to the plot of the Halloween overlay to Tokyo’s Jungle River Cruise, in which a greedy professor (who was also a member of SEA) tries to steal a gem but gets killed by jungle spirits.

PerGron

haunted jungle cruise!
We'd have to focus on not making it a Jungle Cruise clone due to rules put in place, but maybe there could be a story where you're transporting goods down river to another settlement but you have to go through an incredibly dangerous part of the jungle. We could see our speculative animals as we pass by, but rather than tying treasure to it, it could be about the overuse of natural resources. We could pass by places where settlers are logging and places have been clear cut and the island grows angry.

The skipper would be a settler who is transporting the cargo and you've been brought on to assist the transportation and protect the goods (I think you being a settler on the island and earning your keep on each ride would be a really neat idea) but you soon discover the beauty of the jungle and the island, while also facing off against some of its more dangerous creatures

It would be a spiritual successor same as the Haunted Lightouse is to the Haunted Mansion.

DashHaber

That sounds a little too similar to the plot of the Halloween overlay to Tokyo’s Jungle River Cruise, in which a greedy professor (who was also a member of SEA) tries to steal a gem but gets killed by jungle spirits.
My mention was initially more for something in a PotC style, but perhaps a Jungle Cruise-style boat ride could have our Skipper be part of a group that wants to share the island's wonders and warns against taking more than you need.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Alright, here is my pitch for Sirens of the Deep (Working title).

The key theme: Temptation.

What would this be like? I'm glad you asked!

You take a dash of Tokyo's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and it's false Subs:

1601259293210.png

Mixed with high capacity suspended trams that can bounce and shake like Kongfrontation

1601259333398.png

Add subtle storytelling blended with an iconic song and a large cast of figures and Marc Davis style gags to make this a spiritual successor of sorts to Pirates of the Caribbean.

1601259444924.png

The explorers who have crashed on our island (and are now pillaging it for its resources like greedy colonizers). This text is stuck on "Bold" for some reason and it canNOT be fixed.

They are setting up some steampunky subs to serach for jewels and natural resources under the water. What makes them think they are there? A mysterious voice, a song, that can be heard on the salty sea air.

Act 1 of the ride is exploring rocky depths in the sub as a siren beckons us on.

Act 2 is a big "party" with explorers in dive suits hanging out with the sirens among a bunch of treasures of the deep.

Act 3, the treasure dissolves into mud and a kraken attacks the subs! But many of the sailors are so enamored with the siren song and the false treasures that they don't even seem to notice their subs are sinking or the kraken has them wrapped in its tentacles.

A spiritual successor to both 20000 Leaguse and PotC while having unique twists and changes (including the entirely unique ride system) that helps it stand on its own as a new classic.

NateD1226

I love myself some speculative creatures, so I totally think that the E-ticket ride should 100% work alongside the parameters of animals that could exist, but probably don't. Giant lemurs are one I have in my head (could be the Madagascar motifs, could be a big inspiration was the island of Lemuria, and could be that I just love lemurs) but other speculative creatures should show up around the land too
Yes!! We could make it a successor to Indiana Jones and have it be a mix of IJ and Journey to the Center of the Earth. I think having it be a bunch of unrealistic looking creatures would make it the perfect fit for the mysterious vibe that the island gives off

PerGron

So I kind of just snuck it in a reply, so I wanted to throw this idea out there. What if each ride had us be active participants on the island, like we are stranded there too. Each ride could have us "working" for whatever the crew is doing, and the dining and shopping could be similar in that we are eating at a place built as a community kitchen. A big quick service restaurant with food that could be feasibly cooked by marooned people setting up a civilization. Obviously we wouldn't actually have to work, but it'd be a unique feel rather than "we're tourists looking at something" and instead have us be actively involved, making the messages in each ride far more relevant as we feel more like we are actually a part of it. Also adds to the nuance and more mature theme we've discussed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom