1986 - The House of the Future: Week 2

Mickeynerd17

Awright guys, week 2 is on. I'll make a new thread once we nail down the idea. Now for my pitch:

I noticed MK's adventureland has the problem of aladdin being forced into a bunch of jungle, so how about making the whole thing off of africa? We can have three sections with one being the northern sahara, the second being the sarengheti, and the third being the tropical jungled of the interior (congo river).

PerGron

What if we did something to tie everything together cohesively. Has anyone read Swiss Family Robinson? Not seen the movie, like actually read the book? This island is legitimately a combination of every single feasible biome, animals from every continent, blah blah blah.

We could invent an island that is a combination of a bunch of biomes and make it something with mostly original properties. We could have a backstory that traders were marooned on their way from Saudi Arabia to India in the Indian ocean on an island that seems to be impossible. We could set up a village created by the marooned people and could explore different biomes with that idea in mind.

We could also make it an actual island and have boat transportation from the hub here since we don't have a train

PerGron

Our island could have a volcano-themed attraction in the center (could be Journey to the Center of the Earth or something wholly new), with rivers surrounding it and splitting up the biomes. We could do one biome for a desert, one for dense jungle, and (in my opinion something that would be insanely cool) a tundra area.

The village could change architecture as we enter the different areas, allowing us some unique looks but also a good way to transition. The tundra area could be a cave while the desert area is on the other side of the island. We could do so much with a concept like this, with or without IP. It could be called Adventure Isle or something. I'll expand further if need be

Outbound

My pitch for Adventureland:
In line with my earlier suggestion for a more "nuanced" Disneyland, I think Adventureland needs more... "Adventure". My suggestion: do something different, a Beastly Kingdom Adventureland.

1601251074951.png

In the 1800s, British Explorers discovered a distinct island just off the Gulf of Guinea. This island is separated from most evolution, home to creatures of various African mythologies. This is a place unlike any other. It rewards exploration and those in seek of Adventure. Centered around the Base Camp, which is closely guarded by the British settlers, guests may journey off the main trail into many smaller paths, creating the illusion of exploring the jungle. Along the way, they will encounter these mythological creatures... most friendly, except for a few guests will have to ride the attractions to see.

1601250722487.png
1601250738991.png
1601251036975.png

I think this would give us a really unique story and setting (similar to what we established with Harbortown) while also be respectful to African cultures, something we want to be super mindful of if we set this in South Africa.

DashHaber

I understand the appeal for no IPs, but it’s really tough to do that in a land like this as opposed to a Frontierland or Tomorrowland or something like that in my opinion. Because of that, I think we should try to use mostly IPs that haven’t been used in Adventureland, especially in the domestic parks
Yeah, Adventureland is definitely a castle park area where we'd have an easier time figuring out IPs we can use.

What if we did something to tie everything together cohesively. Has anyone read Swiss Family Robinson? Not seen the movie, like actually read the book? This island is legitimately a combination of every single feasible biome, animals from every continent, blah blah blah.

We could invent an island that is a combination of a bunch of biomes and make it something with mostly original properties. We could have a backstory that traders were marooned on their way from Saudi Arabia to India in the Indian ocean on an island that seems to be impossible. We could set up a village created by the marooned people and could explore different biomes with that idea in mind.

We could also make it an actual island and have boat transportation from the hub here since we don't have a train
I'm not sure about taking a whole boat over there, but I like the idea of this island with all sorts of biomes. Perhaps it's some sort of mysterious island, one that has drawn legend and wonder from all four corners of the globe.

PerGron

Yeah, Adventureland is definitely a castle park area where we'd have an easier time figuring out IPs we can use.

I'm not sure about taking a whole boat over there, but I like the idea of this island with all sorts of biomes. Perhaps it's some sort of mysterious island, one that has drawn legend and wonder from all four corners of the globe.
Well the boats would just be a new transportation thing, you'd still reach the island via bridges and walkways. It would just allow us to play with the water transportation theme we've already established.

This would also tie into the literature theme with ideas like Swiss Family Robinson and The Mysterious Island

goofyyukyuk

In line with my earlier suggestion for a more "nuanced" Disneyland, I think Adventureland needs more... "Adventure". My suggestion: do something different, a Beastly Kingdom Adventureland.

View attachment 501156

In the 1800s, British Explorers discovered a distinct island just off the Gulf of Guinea. This island is separated from most evolution, home to creatures of various African mythologies. This is a place unlike any other. It rewards exploration and those in seek of Adventure. Centered around the Base Camp, which is closely guarded by the British settlers, guests may journey off the main trail into many smaller paths, creating the illusion of exploring the jungle. Along the way, they will encounter these mythological creatures... most friendly, except for a few guests will have to ride the attractions to see.

View attachment 501146View attachment 501147View attachment 501155

I think this would give us a really unique story and setting (similar to what we established with Harbortown) while also be respectful to African cultures, something we want to be super mindful of if we set this in South Africa.
This is a great original idea, but I think we isolate a large part of the family demographic by making a full blown horror land

PerGron

View attachment 501156

View attachment 501146View attachment 501147View attachment 501155

I think your idea and mine could be united as one pretty well...

goofyyukyuk

Our island could have a volcano-themed attraction in the center (could be Journey to the Center of the Earth or something wholly new), with rivers surrounding it and splitting up the biomes. We could do one biome for a desert, one for dense jungle, and (in my opinion something that would be insanely cool) a tundra area.

The village could change architecture as we enter the different areas, allowing us some unique looks but also a good way to transition. The tundra area could be a cave while the desert area is on the other side of the island. We could do so much with a concept like this, with or without IP. It could be called Adventure Isle or something. I'll expand further if need be
I really like this idea!!

NateD1226

I love love love this! Volcano is just what I had in mind for this round. Although the tundra area seems to pushing it a little out of the ordinary. The desert and and jungle sound good though. Plus the desert can lead into Frontierland (if we have one)

AceAstro

Well the boats would just be a new transportation thing, you'd still reach the island via bridges and walkways. It would just allow us to play with the water transportation theme we've already established.

This would also tie into the literature theme with ideas like Swiss Family Robinson and The Mysterious Island
Plus boats aren’t crazy since Adventureland’s have Tom Sawyer Rafts

PerGron

I love love love this! Volcano is just what I had in mind for this round. Although the tundra area seems to pushing it a little out of the ordinary. The desert and and jungle sound good though. Plus the desert can lead into Frontierland (if we have one)
I think having a tundra cave would be unique enough to help us stand out! Plus, think of it, frozen Mammoth ride...

DashHaber

Oh, this would be a really good approach, and help handle the sub-lands element smoothly!

Outbound

This is a great original idea, but I think we isolate a large part of the family demographic by making a full blown horror land
I know the images make it out to be scary, but I wouldn't imagine it being very scary. It's just that the African drawings all look scary lol

But yes, if we went this way we'd need to make sure kids enjoy it. I'd imagine the only scary parts would be in the e-ticket, the rest would be the playful mythological creatures... maybe they could have an animatronic show or something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom