1986 - The House of the Future: Week 2

Mickeynerd17

I know people are working on their individual parts but I was just curious where we were at at this point. It's been a pretty quiet 24 hours
Refer to my update post, I think it's earlier in this thread.

The fact that it's been quiet plus the drop outs make me feel insecure about this competition staying together. I won't quit, but I don't want everybody else to either.

DashHaber

I know people are working on their individual parts but I was just curious where we were at at this point. It's been a pretty quiet 24 hours
I'm currently working on the Jungle Cruise spiritual successor (which I think we'll call Taonga River Journey) and some ideas for snack stands.

This may be a turbulent moment, but things might just be quiet because we're all in the midst of working on our pieces of the land.

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster

The fact that it's been quiet plus the drop outs make me feel insecure about this competition staying together. I won't quit, but I don't want everybody else to either.
Tiki and I are making sure that doesn't happen. Refer to the Hub Thread for changes we've made to make a smoother and more enjoyable experience

AceAstro

Every competition faces players dropping out. Real-life gets in the way It is inevitable. It's nothing to worry about!

D Hulk

Also things almost always get quiet near the end of a project when folks get working on their own assignments. Outside of some manufactured reality show drama nonsense clogging up the game, I’m not too worried about this.

Lookin’ good on Team Retail! No worries here mate.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

Like others have said, it's quiet mostly because we already divided up.

In the first round there was a steady stream of small pieces coming in, but that's usually not how these go. Often most of the project gets finished and posted in the last day.

AceAstro

If I remember correctly, @Outbound is making the map, yes?

While working on the backstory, PerGron added a part about the ship splitting in half and being stuck in the rocks. It gave me hardcore S.S. America vibes.

1601495377396.png

I don't know if it would be possible but having it on the map (and the land) as just aesthetic theming could look really nice.

Mickeynerd17

While working on the backstory, PerGron added a part about the ship splitting in half and being stuck in the rocks. It gave me hardcore S.S. America vibes.

View attachment 501785

I don't know if it would be possible but having it on the map (and the land) as just aesthetic theming could look really nice.
I'll figure a way to add that to my model!

Also, model probably will be the land and exteriors only, no time to build the rides sadly.

D Hulk

View attachment 501785

One of the shops that Team Retail (me) is working on is set inside a merchant ship beached on the rocks. This could be that, eh?

pix

Okay I am gonna post this here and I really don't want to seem like I am coming off harsh but we really have a ton of backstory that makes very little sense to me despite freaking out about time. We have a 3 page single spaced small font backstory, we have lore for just about every ride, we have a 5 page wildlife reference sheet, we have Madagascar, Ottoman empire, Maori and non-real life influences, and I have tried very hard to muddle through this but I wanted to make my statement cause I really don't wanna go home because I don't understand what is going on.

Edit: remembered there is no elimination so ignore that last part. Still don't get it but at least i can't be sent home for it.

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Okay I am gonna post this here and I really don't want to seem like I am coming off harsh but we really have a ton of backstory that makes very little sense to me despite freaking out about time. We have a 3 page single spaced small font backstory, we have lore for just about every ride, we have a 5 page wildlife reference sheet, we have Madagascar, Ottoman empire, Maori and non-real life influences, and I have tried very hard to muddle through this but I wanted to make my statement cause I really don't wanna go home because I don't understand what is going on.

Edit: remembered there is no elimination so ignore that last part. Still don't get it but at least i can't be sent home for it.
You aren't the only one who has had trouble understanding exactly how everything fits together this round. I'm still not quite sure how are island is both surrounded by magical fogs/storms and cursed and full of monsters while also being a bustling trading port looking to expand. And I know a few other people I have seen privately express confusion as to the exact details like the time period things should be in and how it all fits together.

BUT like you said, there's no eliminations this round. And like Space was saying before, we may have set out for a fully connected land with one story, but Adventurelands always get a bit scattered so it is ok if it isn't perfect or clashes a bit as long as we get similar tones to our experiences. Worst case scenario, we just kind of power through and keep it simple and then we can get a fresh start with the next round. We have a lot of cool elements going on, and I think most of them will fit together well enough when all is said and done. And if not, oh well.

spacemt354

Chili's

It will stay together - I would be more concerned if this thread was active at this stage because that would mean y'all are behind schedule.

And just so you know I can only speak for myself, but the drop out is more a testament that the game was going *too* fast and *too* active for my schedule. The only time a drop out indicates the downfall of a comp is when it's due to inactivity, but that's not the case here.

Best of luck to everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom