1986 - The House of the Future: Week 2

NateD1226

Here is the ride through and backstory of Escape of the Gem Dragon. The queue and statistics are still being worked on but I just wanted to get this out there.

Backstory
When the Ottoman explorers landed on the mysterious island, there was this one explorer who was destined to find the rare purple gems of Cave Draguna. His name was Dr. Rhinestone. Dr. Rhinestone has searched far and wide for Cave Draguna and finally found it in a hidden rock forest. He is determined to go into the cave to retrieve the purple gems to sell to his merchant friends. But, he needs help searching inside the large mysterious cave. That is why he is recruiting guests to come join him in this adventure. You may even get to keep some of the purple gems if retrieved. But beware, Cave Draguna is filled with lots of unknown territory so make sure you are prepared for anything that can come your way.

Scene 1
Once seated in your vehicle, Dr. Rhinestone starts to talk to the speaker saying he is already inside and needs your help. The vehicle begins to drive through the rock forest, passing huge and tall rock towers and very bright, lively greenery. After a few twists are turns, you reach the entrance of Cave Draguna and start your journey to find the purple gems

Scene 2
The first thing that is visible once inside the cave are the large spiders that are all shapes and colors. Gems of all different colors stick out of the wall with one spider protecting each one. (Some are static and some have small movement) When you reach the end of the room, Dr. Rhinestone states that he took one so beware if the mother spider appears. He gets cut off when a huge metallic spider swings down from the sky. The vehicle speeds out of the room passing squirts of venom (water).

Scene 3
The vehicle comes to a halt when a huge, blue snake with gems sticking out of its back is seen from the other side of the room. All of sudden snakes of all different colors slither on the wall with a couple slithering on the vehicle using projections. The vehicle speeds up across the room as wind blows from the snakes jumping onto the vehicles. The huge snake lunges over at the vehicle but misses. The vehicle goes down a small drop and all the snakes on the vehicles come flying off the car.

Scene 4
The vehicle now is a dark, gloomy room with lots of metallic stalactites hanging from the ceiling. It is very quiet until the vehicle goes over a branch and hundreds of colorful bats fly around the vehicle. During the chaos, the vehicle speeds out of there and halts into the cutest part of the cavern.

Scene 5
Three cub bear AAs with gems on their back reveal themselves to the vehicle. Dr. Rhinestone says to inch closer but the vehicle does, the huge mama bear comes out and roars at the vehicle. You speed away as the projection of the mama bear runs next to you. All of sudden the mama bear runs in the other direction leading to the huge final scene.

Scene 6
The vehicle enters a huge cavern that’s illuminated blue with purple gems everywhere. A huge shining dragon AA rises from the middle and starts to spit blue fire. The vehicle, having nowhere else to go, circles around the dragon as it spits fire. All of sudden, an exit emerges making the vehicle fly out of the cave with a small 20ft drop at the end. You reach the unload area and learn to never mess with animal’s environment​

Mickeynerd17

@Outbound
2020_10_01_17.31.26.jpg

From bottom left clockwise: Maori village, Gem Ride, Victoria Falls (with praying Maori), Explorers Camp (open space next to pyramid), Atlantis ride (pyramid), Ottoman Settlement, Bridge to hub.

Mickeynerd17

@Outbound
View attachment 502075
From bottom left clockwise: Maori village, Gem Ride, Victoria Falls (with praying Maori), Explorers Camp (open space next to pyramid), Atlantis ride (pyramid), Ottoman Settlement, Bridge to hub.
One thing of note, Victoria Falls has a Maori animatronic barely visible from the path. Could somebody put this in it's description???

The Maori believe this peak is the closest place to the sky, so they will come up to the mountain and pray at the lake. Who knows, there might be one up there right now!

Outbound

I just realized... we don't have any table service for the land.

My suggestion: Ottoman Delights. High-priced dining within the Ottoman Settlement set within a small Palace serving as the home of the island's mayor. Sells traditional Turkish / Middle Eastern food.

1601600228861.png

NateD1226

I just realized... we don't have any table service for the land.

My suggestion: Ottoman Delights. High-priced dining within the Ottoman Settlement set within a small Palace serving as the home of the island's mayor. Sells traditional Turkish / Middle Eastern food.

View attachment 502093
We have a quick service that @goofyyukyuk is doing but I wasn't sure if a table service was too much since we had a lot of things already. We can use this as a backup just in case goofy doesn't reply in time.

AceAstro

We have a quick service that @goofyyukyuk is doing but I wasn't sure if a table service was too much since we had a lot of things already. We can use this as a backup just in case goofy doesn't reply in time.
Galaxy’s Edge doesn’t have a table service.

If it doesn’t, ours didn’t need one per se but it’s also not bad that we have one

NateD1226

We have around 3 hours left. Make sure to post everything here or the other thread so @PerGron and I can place it in the site. We are so close!

Team Leader @PerGron

Attractions
-E Ticket Busbar Ride
@NateD1226 @b-wolf95
-E-Ticket Atlantis Ride @NigelChanning09 @Pi on my Cake @DashHaber @Mickeynerd17
-D-Ticket Jungle Cruise successor @DashHaber @PerGron @pix
-Flat Ride @DashHaber
-Walkthrough @spacemt354
-Stunt Show @Outbound @goofyyukyuk

Dining
- Quick Service @goofyyukyuk
- Snack Stands @DashHaber

Retail
-Stores @D Hindley

Misc.
-Scenery Walkthrough @PerGron
-Backstory @AceAstro @PerGron
-Minecraft @Mickeynerd17

-Presentation @all

PerGron

We have around 3 hours left. Make sure to post everything here or the other thread so @PerGron and I can place it in the site. We are so close!

Team Leader @PerGron

Attractions
-E Ticket Busbar Ride
@NateD1226 @b-wolf95
-E-Ticket Atlantis Ride @NigelChanning09 @Pi on my Cake @DashHaber @Mickeynerd17
-D-Ticket Jungle Cruise successor @DashHaber @PerGron @pix

-Flat Ride @DashHaber
-Walkthrough @spacemt354
-Stunt Show @Outbound @goofyyukyuk

Dining
- Quick Service @goofyyukyuk
- Snack Stands @DashHaber

Retail
-Stores @D Hindley

Misc.
-Scenery Walkthrough @PerGron
-Backstory @AceAstro @PerGron
-Minecraft @Mickeynerd17

-Presentation @all
Taonga River Journey (jungle cruise) is done. I'm combining it all and adding it now

Mickeynerd17

Pictures in case I don't have enough time.

View attachment 502044View attachment 502049View attachment 502050View attachment 502051View attachment 502052View attachment 502053
Last two are gem ride and atlantis ride in that order

@Outbound
View attachment 502075

Yea... Not going to have enough time to change any of this.

Can someone add these to the site if they haven't gotten there yet??

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Facade
Guests enter a large mossy temple, which is guarded by two large siren statues holding tridents that occasionally spit water.
Queue
They walk through caves full of hieroglyphics and through a mobile app called “Siren Discovery”, guests can not only translate these texts, but also reveal more. They can cause rock work to shake and mining equipment to suddenly activate. Most of the hieroglyphics tell tales of sailors and travelers, who have succumb to the Siren’s song. They wind through more pathways and rock work. They take in the salty smell of the sea and hear waves crashing onto the shore. Every once in a while, guests can faintly hear the Siren’s song as it beckons you to come near. The guests can feel a strong wind and occasionally water droplets will drip down from the ceiling.
Pre-show
A group of guests enter a rusty pre-show elevator. Through the use of bubbles and other effects, the elevator appears as if it’s taking guests to the bottom of the ocean. Halfway through their trip, the lights flicker and the Siren’s song causes their elevator to shake. After a few seconds, everything returns to normal. The doors open and guests enter an underwater base.
Boarding Area
They wind through a cave full of mining equipment and steampunk engines that occasionally break down and release steam. The guests then board their vehicles and begin their journey.

Courtesy of @NigelChanning09!​

NateD1226

Facade
Guests enter a large mossy temple, which is guarded by two large siren statues holding tridents that occasionally spit water.
Queue
They walk through caves full of hieroglyphics and through a mobile app called “Siren Discovery”, guests can not only translate these texts, but also reveal more. They can cause rock work to shake and mining equipment to suddenly activate. Most of the hieroglyphics tell tales of sailors and travelers, who have succumb to the Siren’s song. They wind through more pathways and rock work. They take in the salty smell of the sea and hear waves crashing onto the shore. Every once in a while, guests can faintly hear the Siren’s song as it beckons you to come near. The guests can feel a strong wind and occasionally water droplets will drip down from the ceiling.
Pre-show
A group of guests enter a rusty pre-show elevator. Through the use of bubbles and other effects, the elevator appears as if it’s taking guests to the bottom of the ocean. Halfway through their trip, the lights flicker and the Siren’s song causes their elevator to shake. After a few seconds, everything returns to normal. The doors open and guests enter an underwater base.
Boarding Area
They wind through a cave full of mining equipment and steampunk engines that occasionally break down and release steam. The guests then board their vehicles and begin their journey.

Courtesy of @NigelChanning09!​
Awesome! Is there a small description that goes with the whole ride just so I have something to put in the beginning and attraction description

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Awesome! Is there a small description that goes with the whole ride just so I have something to put in the beginning and attraction description
There is now!

Journey to the deepest depths of the ocean to hunt for the sunken city of Atlantis in this exciting, high capacity, suspended dark ride! But beware, Sirens lurk beneath the waves and their melody haunt the halls of these lost ruins. Though the greatest danger may be hidden in the shadows even from them. Can you find resist the temptations of Siren's Song and escape Atlantis with your life?​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom