1986 - The House of the Future: Week 2

NigelChanning

Everyone happily asleep while we’re trying to find the imposter:
ADDC662F-9DD2-41A8-AD1B-298CEDD3FFD9.gif

goofyyukyuk

Dear Diary:
Even though I’ve only been an engineering student for a few weeks, I feel the elitism setting in. All these people keep talking about stuff that I don’t understand so it’s clearly dumm. Patrick Mahomes ruined my night and calculus homework makes donaldquackquack all sleepy. And angry. Engineers are very complexity.
Anyways, lack of sleep is making me paranoid. I think everybody’s out to get me. Maybe it’s just me listening to the podcast, but I think I’m out for blood. I wonder if there’s a way to hack this game so I can vote everyone out at once. Except the robot. He speaks my language. Until he inevitably turns on me and tries to eliminate the human race.
Anyways diary, this has been very therapeutic. If you’ve got anymore of those imagineering cheat sheets, I could really use one right about always.
These non-engineers must be rubbing off on me... this entry devolved as quickly as their conversation. Until next time, dear diary.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Everyone else: *whatever all this was*

PerGron: *diving way too deep and developing an entire animal field guide for the island*
I don't know if your knowledge extends under the sea, but if you have 3 or 4 sea creatures that fit in with your animal guide that would work in filling out Atlantis, let us know! If not, weird yet realistic fish are easy to find. They are everywhere haha

DashHaber

Alright, so here is my initial pitch for the flat ride. Let me know what you guys think.

Plaza of Fortune
(Spinning teacups)
Welcome to the Plaza of Fortune, where the Settlement’s merchants and explorers come together to celebrate their newfound wealth. Grab yourself a jeweled goblet and join the revelries, no matter what the local legends say.

Exterior/Queue: Among the Ottoman Settlement, guests find an enclosed structure in the middle of a marketplace. The structure has several pillars supporting the arches, which in turn hold up an exquisite roof that is detailed in gold and topped with a shining spire on its dome. There is an entrance that extends from this shaded structure, where guests walk in. As they follow the queue along its fenced path under the rooftop, two signs are built into some of the pillars. One reads Welcome to the Plaza of Fortune, where we come together to celebrate the wondrous bounty and treasure bestowed upon us by this miraculous island. The other says This plaza stands in tribute to Farouk Servet, who discovered this land and helped us to reap its benefits.

Istanbul-Ottoman-Heritage-Tour-Sightseeing-Tour-3.jpg

Ride Description: Once ready, a gate opens up for guests to enter the main area under the structure. Placed all around are large goblets colored in silver or gold, and adorned with various jewels. At the center of all the goblets is a statue of a man, standing tall and firm, but with a smug air about him. His hands are raised, showing off the rings adorning his fingers. This is a statue of Farouk Servet.

4681eca3ad2bb1d6b4549885de7bb87a.jpg

(Visual inspiration for ride vehicles. Vehicle would resemble the main cup, adorned with jewels.)

Guests will find their way to a goblet and climb on in. Once everyone is seated and the goblet doors are closed, the goblets begin to spin as they whirl around the statue. Music fills the air, while guests can control the spin of their goblets with turn wheels at their center. Eventually, the goblets slow down and the music fades away, the revelries coming to an end as guests unload and head to the exit.

NateD1226

Like Puffs said, probably a bit darker. But not tooooo toooo much more than classic Pirates of the Caribbean. And a ride system with no height requirement
Oh ok thanks. I just didn't want the two major attractions to both be for a more mature audience and have nothing for smaller kids. Our ride will most likely have a height requirement as it is fast and has lots of scares.

Mickeynerd17

Ok, I've started the land and this is what I have so far:
2020_09_29_09.33.26.jpg

My thoughts are the main loop will be the the Ottoman Settlement with some boats on the shore. Path closer to lighthouse show building will lead to the maori village. Both rivers on the sides will go to caves that will be attached to show buildings for the two e tickets. Good so far?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom