1986 - The House of the Future: Week 2

Orange Cat

- I feel for people such as Nigel, pix, b-wolf, Pufflefan. If you all have anything to add I'd say tonight is the time to say it to ensure you have the opportunity to get to do what you want. Again Adventureland is very malleable so everyone should be able to do what as long as its relatively close to the established backstory to still have it fit under the 'adventure' umbrella.

@Mickeynerd17. I'm gonna message you in a bit and set up a Team Sirens/Atlantis chat. So we can start getting some specifics. If anyone else wants to join, let me know! We'll make sure to update here regularly to stay connected
I would like to work on shopping/restaurants & the Atlantis portion.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Since people are picking jobs and everything like that I made a list with everything and who's doing what.

Team Leader: @PerGron

Attractions

-E-Ticket busbar ride @NateD1226
-E Ticket Atlantis ride @Mickeynerd17 @Pi on my Cake @NigelChanning09
-D Ticket Jungle Cruise successor @PerGron @DashHaber @pix (?)
-C Ticket flat ride @DashHaber @Pi on my Cake (?)
-Stunt Show @Outbound

Dining
-1 quick service
-Small snack shacks @DashHaber (I think it was you who said that they had an idea but I wasn't sure)

Retail
@D Hindley @Pufflefan

Misc.
-
Literature tie-in @spacemt354
-Backstory @PerGron

Remaining players:
@b-wolf95
@goofyyukyukyuk17
@AceAstro
Add Puffs to the Atlantis team, and take me off the flat ride (unless, Dash wants some help. I didn't really have thoughts for it. Just thought a flat ride would be cool and supported him doing one lol)!

@Pufflefan @NigelChanning09 I'm adding you in now

PerGron

Alright, so here's the basic idea we've got here that I've compiled through our concepts.

We have a mysterious island with a large fog wall around it. It has been settled by marooned Ottoman merchants who believe it to be a part of the lost continent of Lemuria. They establish a large settlement with Ottoman architecture, which will be our central village. The Ottoman settlement will be by the river around the island, making it a semi-port. This is where our siren ride would be, showcasing ties to the Lemuria/Atlantis legend that the Ottoman Greeks brought with them.

The rest of the island will be host to a few other attractions. The Jungle Cruise successor will be located in a river on the island setting out from the Ottoman settlement into a combination Lowland/Rock Forest biome.

I would like to keep the Maori influence, just as a story theme, but if people think it's too much, then we can cut them. I just think having a people that (realistically) could have settled an island like this would be a neat idea, but if that doesn't work out, then we can cut all the Maori influence without too too much hassle.

As for the other attractions, I don't think we should go too heavy on them. I think having two E-tickets may be too much for the land, but if people really want to work on them, then we can make it work, we just don't want to overdo it. Honestly, a flat ride could work, but I think something like a challenge trail or walking trail or something like that may suit the land better.

I want to give everyone some freedom here to explore their ideas, so the general gist is "Ottoman Empire merchants marooned on living island. Strange wildlife (I do think we should keep it more science-based in the weirdness. Keep ghosts and demons and stuff to a minimum. The natural world has some scary as is. Sirens can be worked into the Atlantis lore.), interesting biomes, all with an err of adventure." That should be the theme, it's Adventureland. Make everything feel like an adventure.

Anything I missed?

AceAstro

Alright, so here's the basic idea we've got here that I've compiled through our concepts.

We have a mysterious island with a large fog wall around it. It has been settled by marooned Ottoman merchants who believe it to be a part of the lost continent of Lemuria. They establish a large settlement with Ottoman architecture, which will be our central village. The Ottoman settlement will be by the river around the island, making it a semi-port. This is where our siren ride would be, showcasing ties to the Lemuria/Atlantis legend that the Ottoman Greeks brought with them.

The rest of the island will be host to a few other attractions. The Jungle Cruise successor will be located in a river on the island setting out from the Ottoman settlement into a combination Lowland/Rock Forest biome.

I would like to keep the Maori influence, just as a story theme, but if people think it's too much, then we can cut them. I just think having a people that (realistically) could have settled an island like this would be a neat idea, but if that doesn't work out, then we can cut all the Maori influence without too too much hassle.

As for the other attractions, I don't think we should go too heavy on them. I think having two E-tickets may be too much for the land, but if people really want to work on them, then we can make it work, we just don't want to overdo it. Honestly, a flat ride could work, but I think something like a challenge trail or walking trail or something like that may suit the land better.

I want to give everyone some freedom here to explore their ideas, so the general gist is "Ottoman Empire merchants marooned on living island. Strange wildlife (I do think we should keep it more science-based in the weirdness. Keep ghosts and demons and stuff to a minimum. The natural world has some scary **** as is. Sirens can be worked into the Atlantis lore.), interesting biomes, all with an err of adventure." That should be the theme, it's Adventureland. Make everything feel like an adventure.

Anything I missed?
That all looks stunning to me!!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

I want to give everyone some freedom here to explore their ideas, so the general gist is "Ottoman Empire merchants marooned on living island. Strange wildlife (I do think we should keep it more science-based in the weirdness. Keep ghosts and demons and stuff to a minimum. The natural world has some scary **** as is. Sirens can be worked into the Atlantis lore.), interesting biomes, all with an err of adventure." That should be the theme, it's Adventureland. Make everything feel like an adventure.

Anything I missed?
I think this looks great!

Orange Cat

Anything I missed?
Looks great to me

Chaos Cat

Since people are picking jobs and everything like that I made a list with everything and who's doing what. Please pick if you haven't already. Lmk if I need to shift things around

Attractions

-E-Ticket busbar ride @NateD1226
-E Ticket Atlantis ride @Mickeynerd17 @Pi on my Cake @Pufflefan @NigelChanning09
-C Ticket flat ride @DashHaber
-Stunt Show [USER=125687]@Outbound

Dining
-1 quick service
-Small snack shacks @DashHaber (I think it was you who said that they had an idea but I wasn't sure)

Retail
@D Hindley @Pufflefan

Misc.
-
-Backstory @PerGron

Remaining players:
@b-wolf95
@goofyyukyukyuk17
@AceAstro
> Unit would like to apologize again for missing the brainstorming.
> Explanation: Unit was stuck doing all the housework for the House of the Future. Again.
> set currentMood = Exasperation

(Translation: Work took longer than usual today.)
> In regards to the division of work, Unit would prefer to work on either the E-ticket busbar ride or the stunt show, in order to make sure that @NateD1226 or @Outbound are not overwhelmed. Otherwise, Unit is willing to work on anything participants feel that Unit is most useful.
> EXCEPTION: Unit would prefer to avoid working in Dinning section, as Unit does not have enough data on food knowledge to assemble the necessary menus.

NateD1226

Since people are picking jobs and everything like that I made a list with everything and who's doing what. Please pick if you haven't already. Lmk if I need to shift things around

Attractions

-E-Ticket busbar ride @NateD1226 @b-wolf95
-E Ticket Atlantis ride @Mickeynerd17 @Pi on my Cake @Pufflefan @NigelChanning09
-C Ticket flat ride @DashHaber
-Stunt Show [USER=125687]@Outbound
@b-wolf95

Dining
-1 quick service

Retail
@D Hindley @Pufflefan

Misc.
-
-Backstory @PerGron @AceAstro

Remaining players:
@goofyyukyukyuk17
Updated! @goofyyukyukyuk17 is the only person left to pick a job. Jobs left are the stunt show or busbar (either work so @b-wolf95 doesn't have to do both) or the quick service restaurant.

spacemt354

Chili's

Anything I missed?
Personally, I'd like to keep the Moari as well, Adventureland without a Polynesian influence to me isn't an Adventureland

I also like doing Polynesian concept art

PerGron

Updated! @goofyyukyukyuk17 is the only person left to pick a job. Jobs left are the stunt show or busbar (either work so @b-wolf95 doesn't have to do both) or the quick service restaurant.
Thoughts on cutting flat ride for a challenge trail and walking trail? I’m more than down to do a walking trail myself, but if we really want a flat ride, that’s fine too

spacemt354

Chili's
A walking trail would fit beautifully in Adventureland (Shanghai did one beautifully) but I also see the appeal of a flat ride.
both.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom