1986 - The House of the Future: Week 2

goofyyukyuk

So I had a more nuanced interpretation of Atlantis - I'm not sure if anyone watches Ancient Aliens on the History Channel - I have a fascination with it even if it might be pure sci-fi --- anyway...Atlantis was thought to be the pinnacle of the ancient world with the ability of energy manipulation - I'd run with it in a more sci-fi Adventureland fashion (think an actually good Kingdom of the Crystal Skull)

Speaking my language here space

DashHaber

So I had a more nuanced interpretation of Atlantis - I'm not sure if anyone watches Ancient Aliens on the History Channel - I have a fascination with it even if it might be pure sci-fi --- anyway...Atlantis was thought to be the pinnacle of the ancient world with the ability of energy manipulation - I'd run with it in a more sci-fi Adventureland fashion (think an actually good Kingdom of the Crystal Skull)
An interesting idea to consider. Speaking of, has anyone said anything about what the "greed" attraction could be? My thought could be a "spinning teacups" flat ride, based around greedy explorers celebrating their recently-plundered loot with a crazy gala.

PerGron

So I’ve taken a lot of inspiration from Madagascar when it comes to the look of the land. Madagascar has such unique biomes that something combining them could be incredible to visit as an Adventureland. Plus, the unique Ottoman structures, as well as some Polynesian architecture worked in would blend into something unlike anyone has ever seen.

Here are some of the biomes I think we could work in

Baobab Forest
CD0D0914-F537-4E36-83FD-AF0F7181E03D.jpeg

Lowland
08E93F9F-566E-467E-8E9D-96C167546571.jpeg

Spiny Forest
73FCB413-8B96-4011-96BE-A8CB5FD7E315.jpeg

Rock Forest (Razor’s Edge)
19A4A6A9-30A3-4792-8D49-2870B9104D58.jpeg

NateD1226

So I’ve taken a lot of inspiration from Madagascar when it comes to the look of the land. Madagascar has such unique biomes that something combining them could be incredible to visit as an Adventureland. Plus, the unique Ottoman structures, as well as some Polynesian architecture worked in would blend into something unlike anyone has ever seen.

Baobab Forest
View attachment 501323

Lowland
View attachment 501324

Spiny Forest
View attachment 501325

View attachment 501326
Lowlands and the Rock Forest could go really well together

AceAstro

Baobab Forest
View attachment 501323

Lowland
View attachment 501324

Spiny Forest
View attachment 501325

View attachment 501326
Whoa I really love how the Rock Forest looks!

DashHaber

Baobab Forest
View attachment 501323

Lowland
View attachment 501324

Spiny Forest
View attachment 501325

View attachment 501326
Those baobab trees are really neat, but the lowlands and rock forest look like they'd really work well together.

NateD1226

19A4A6A9-30A3-4792-8D49-2870B9104D58.jpeg
This whole rock forest landscape could lend to a really cool ride. A quick idea that came to my head is what if guests are explorers trying to find some rare gems that are protected by a mythical creature and have the beginning of the ride start outdoors where you can wind through the forest for a few moments until you enter the cave where the gems are located. This could also lend itself to the Consequence ride theme

DashHaber

I'm always a fan of slat rides to round out a land!
It seems like a solid thing to slide in among the bigger thrills or storytelling we have for the other Adventureland attractions, especially if we base the atmosphere around a more artificial and glittering space versus the nature style of the other rides.

Also, while we are chatting plenty about attractions, one idea for a snack stand could be a Maori-inspired stand that offers fruit juices and healthy treats.

D Hulk

This whole rock forest landscape could lend to a really cool ride. A quick idea that came to my head is what if guests are explorers trying to find some rare gems that are protected by a mythical creature and have the beginning of the ride start outdoors where you can wind through the forest for a few moments until you enter the cave where the gems are located. This could also lend itself to the Consequence ride theme
Oh my, agreed 100%!

The Consequence ride, with its backstory per @PerGron about explorers despoiling the natural landscape seeking the island's precious gems, getting driven off by the island's vengeful spirits, the abandoned mining equipment in their wake...this is basically Big Thunder in a different setting.

And Madagascar's Tsingy Stone Forest is basically the limestone karst equivalent of Bryce Canyon's sandstone hoodoos...the things which inspired Big Thunder.
Stone_Forest-1280x720.jpg
bryce-canyon-nps.jpg

Also, while we are chatting plenty about attractions, one idea for a snack stand could be a Maori-inspired stand that offers fruit juices and healthy treats.
Agreed. I propose the Baobab Barbecue snack stand, carved by the Maori into the hollow of a massive baobab tree. Also, I officially volunteer to help with Adventureland's restaurants & shops.

NateD1226

The Consequence ride, with its backstory per @PerGron about explorers despoiling the natural landscape seeking the island's precious gems, getting driven off by the island's vengeful spirits, the abandoned mining equipment in their wake...this is basically Big Thunder in a different setting.

And Madagascar's Tsingy Stone Forest is basically the limestone karst equivalent of Bryce Canyon's sandstone hoodoos...the things which inspired Big Thunder.
Stone_Forest-1280x720.jpg
bryce-canyon-nps.jpg
Yes yes and yes. I imagine a mixture between Indiana Jones and Journey to the Center of the Earth when thinking about this whole idea. It fits the whole theme extremely well.

This is what I want to work on haha. Those pictures are absolutely stunning.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
So, what is sort of the one sentence pitch here? We have a lot of elements and I'm worried they're starting to clash. And I want to make sure we are on the same page with things as we continues on.

So, Ottoman Explorers with some steampunk stuff crashed on an island near Madagascar that had Maori tribes on it.

Is this like a Bermuda Triangle thing causing all these different people to crash? Like are the only "natives" the sirens and other creatures. And the Maori, Ottomans, and Steampunk sailors all crashed here off the coast of Africa over the years?

We have a lot of great elements and cultural influences spanning 4 different continents. I just want to make sure that if we're going for a more cohesive Adventureland with a big backstory that the elements can tie together

Mickeynerd17

Just as a note, I'm officially volunteering to work on the main E-Ticket attraction and general layout of the land.

When thinking about the atlantis idea, my mind shot back to the Indy story Fate of Atlantis, the one that almost became a movie. We could have a multi-ride system attraction with a submarine voyage (which was how they got to atlantis in the first place in the story) follows by a Trackless or ECV.

One other thing of note: My schedule is starting to get really packed with school, so if I'm not sharing many ideas it's because of that. I'm still going to do my Minecraft modeling and actively participate in the competition though, but I just wanted to let the rest of the team know and understand.

DashHaber

So, what is sort of the one sentence pitch here? We have a lot of elements and I'm worried they're starting to clash. And I want to make sure we are on the same page with things as we continues on.

So, Ottoman Explorers with some steampunk stuff crashed on an island near Madagascar that had Maori tribes on it.

Is this like a Bermuda Triangle thing causing all these different people to crash? Like are the only "natives" the sirens and other creatures. And the Maori, Ottomans, and Steampunk sailors all crashed here off the coast of Africa over the years?

We have a lot of great elements and cultural influences spanning 4 different continents. I just want to make sure that if we're going for a more cohesive Adventureland with a big backstory that the elements can tie together
I think the elevator pitch is "a mysterious island that offers bountiful treasures when respected, but explorers have come to loot and the island does not take kindly."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom