1986: An Imagineering Competition - Hub Thread

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
By a unanimous vote, @Pi on my Cake...you have been evicted from the House of the Future.

Stand by for @mickeyfan5534 to post the next prompt.
It's been a fun run guys! Unlike certain former reality TV stars currently in the white house: I'll accept defeat, concede when the votes are clearly going against me, and even leave graciously.

Probably for the best, I hate Downtown Disney prompts lol

Good luck everyone!

Mickeynerd17

It's been a fun run guys! Unlike certain former reality TV stars currently in the white house: I'll accept defeat, concede when the votes are clearly going against me, and even leave graciously.

Probably for the best, I hate Downtown Disney prompts lol

Good luck everyone!
Aww! We'll miss ya my dude! You had such great ideas!

See ya on the other side! (Hopefully when this competition ends).

Chaos Cat

Join us in 20 to go over the HoH project.

> Good Boy exchange archived
b-wolf 95
> Unit is the good boy, though

b-wolf 95
> Solution: Kill Pi

Behind the Magic
A good boy doesnt threaten to kill everyone

b-wolf 95
> PerGron is right. Good boy only threatens bad people

b-wolf 95
> Like PerGron
> Exchange also archived on Hype Thread, but Unit felt archive should reposted here due tensions in thread.

Suchomimus

> Good Boy exchange archived

> Exchange also archived on Hype Thread, but Unit felt archive should reposted here due tensions in thread.
I feel like we've started to move away from the tension there. In other words,

TheOriginalTiki

From this point forward, ALL HOUSEGUESTS will be playing in the Power of Veto competitions. This week's Head of Household has been chosen and were awaiting their nominees before the project gets turned in. As soon as the project gets turned in we'll announce the two nominees and post the Veto project. Here's to a great end-game! (I promise, the catch-up podcast is coming haha. My sleep schedule has been SO screwed by daylight savings...)

Mickeynerd17

From this point forward, ALL HOUSEGUESTS will be playing in the Power of Veto competitions. This week's Head of Household has been chosen and were awaiting their nominees before the project gets turned in. As soon as the project gets turned in we'll announce the two nominees and post the Veto project. Here's to a great end-game! (I promise, the catch-up podcast is coming haha. My sleep schedule has been SO screwed by daylight savings...)
Wow, glad I took a break last week 🤣.

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
Week 8
Power of Veto
We Need a Little Christmas

HSASH489571.jpg

Who doesn't love a Disney Christmas? A castle coated in magical ice and snow, a parade that puts you into the spirit of the season, a plethora of festive fireworks, and let's not forget the appearance of that jolly old man, Santa Claus! For this week's Power of Veto, you are going to pitch a Blue Sky Disney Resort Christmas celebration.
Now, because you only have 36 hours to complete this, we're not looking for heavy detail, but we do want to know: what will your celebration bring? What type of decorations will come to the resort areas? What special entertainment will put guests in the spirit of the season? How will you make Blue Sky Disney Resort sparkle for the season?

Head of Household
@Outbound

Nominees
@Mickeynerd17
@NigelChanning09

From this point on, every competitor will compete in the Power of Veto competition

This project will be due at 11:59:59 AM EST/8:59:59 AM PST on Friday, November 13

spacemt354

Chili's
Disney Quarter Review

First off I feel obliged to tag @Sam4D23 because he should see this project - it's something I think he'd really enjoy. Secondly, the map here is fantastic, almost resembling the Disney Springs design-style seen on the actual maps! That type of attention to detail and realism truly makes a project stand out from the start.

In terms of the theme, New Orleans I think is a great theme for a shopping district. It blends quaint shops with entertainment that represents the region very well. It also naturally involves a trip through time as the old south building design helps keep the aura of a time gone by much like Main Street USA and Disney Springs. The 3 districts seem to be designed meticulously as well, with each offering something new for the guests to explore.

Beginning with French Quarter, the eclectic restaurants of Cafe Louis and Do Mar set the stage in an organic fashion, offering guests two experiences that aren't really seen in other Downtown Disney style locales. The streetmosphere and Mardi Gras also fits in perfectly to the region. I won't get too much into the other stores, since they seem to be more filler than the main events.

Moving on to Audubon Park, this is a nice transition towards the high-end restaurants - the menu for Audubon's is fantastic! Same for the Hightower bar. Tiana's Palace is to be expected given the theme, but nonetheless an enticing option. This section really goes all out on the dining aspect and it's great to see. But I think the ultimate prize is the Disney Quarter Streetcar line! This concept goes all the way back to Week 1 and is such a treasure to finally see implemented into this Blue Sky Resort!

Moving to City Park, I feel like this could have been given a more original name, but that's a minor criticism. In addition, I feel like this section out of the 3 is the most all over the place in terms of theme. I think sticking with the Bayou theme would have been more appropriate, but instead we go from Barnes and Noble, Levi's to Star Wars, and then to the Pirate themed Bayou. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't ruin the atmosphere, but I do think it could have simply focused on the Bayou aspect, perhaps even make the whole area Pirate themed ala Tortuga or something like that.

Also a quick tip for the site, perhaps on the top banner, we could move the land tabs under the 1986 park tab. That would clear up a ton of space on the banner for an exclusive Disney Quarter tab, as well as a Disney Resorts tab, and anything else that may come down the line.

Ultimately, this was a very nice project, especially in the restaurant department, and one that you all should be proud of!

Creativity: A
Realism: A
Detail: A
Presentation: A+
Teamwork: A
----------------------
Overall: A

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom